Remove this Banner Ad

So it all comes down to tomorrows game Richmond vs North Melbourne

If Richmond win, we will play Collingwood
If North Melbourne win, we will play Geelong

What's better for us?

We nearly beat Geelong last time so they are certainly beatable, but it'd be great to knock off a Richmond side after they pinched Conti and Brennan.

What's better for us?

We nearly beat Geelong last time so they are certainly beatable, but it'd be great to knock off a Richmond side after they pinched Conti and Brennan.
We cannot play Richmond. It is now down to either Geelong or Magpies. I think Collingwood would be a better match up. And to be fair, that close end margin vs Geelong flattered us a little. Geelong were all over us at times, but did not make us pay on the scoreboard.

We can match it with any team in week one of the finals. Against the top three is a different story though. Would need to play out of our skins.

Last edited:

It's not as simple as that, % will come in to play, especially if it is a very close game.

North can win, and lose %

Last edited:
It's not as simple as that, % will come in to play, especially if it is a very close game.

North can win, and lose %
I did wonder if it was possible North could lose percentage. But dismissed it as I couldn't recall any previous experiences where I have seen a team win, and lose percentage so late in a season.

Would probably be so many variable scorelines, I'm not even going to bother asking what they are, because the margins probably change depending on total points both teams kick.

Last edited:
I did wonder if it was possible North could lose percentage. But dismissed it as I couldn't recall any previous experiences where I have seen a team win, and lose percentage so late in a season.

Would probably be so many variable scorelines, I'm not even going to bother asking what they are, because the margins probably change depending on total points both teams kick.
Yes, so many variables, but one example is a 30 to 25 win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully they ditch the u/9s umpires for the finals. Maybe appoint some half-competent, and ideally female, umpires.
The current AFLW umpiring panel are, collectively, a blight on the game. A 72yo Stevie Wonder would do a better job umpiring all 4 finals - simultaneously.

Fri - Melbourne v Adelaide at Ikon at 7.10pm
Sat - Brisbane v Richmond at Metrocon at 3.10pm (Brisbane time)
Sat - Geelong v North at GMHBA at 7.10pm
Sun - Collingwood v Dogs at Victoria Park at 3.10pm

We were thoroughly out tackled in our losses this season and Collingwood are in a similar boat. Magpies will come out hot next week since they'll want to avenge being absolutely embarrassed by the Lions.

What a superstar...

'I didn't think she was going to play': Hero Blackburn's near miss​

Sophie Welsh and Gemma Bastiani

xk7BQlh3.jpg

NATHAN Burke has revealed match-winner Ellie Blackburn nearly didn’t play against the Blues due to a health issue.
Blackburn kicked a late goal to put the Bulldogs in front in the dying minutes of the Western Bulldogs' match against Carlton on Friday night.
Burke stopped short of revealing the nature of Blackburn’s ailment, but said Blackburn pulled up poorly after flying to and from Perth during round nine.
"I'm not going to go into it but you guys don't know the issues that she's had on a physical level over the last couple of weeks that she's been dealing with," Burke said of Blackburn post game.

"The particular condition isn't helped by flying, and we flew to Perth and back last week.
"I honestly didn't think she was going to play today, so from not being able to play today and not training throughout the whole week, and then to come out and do that, that's special."
The win guarantees the Bulldogs their first finals berth since 2018.

"You can't love a person or a footballer more than that," Burke said of Blackburn's match-saving effort.
"She's a leader in every sense of the word... She just wasn't going to be beaten today, and what she did was amazing.
"If you knew the backstory, ever since last night, I've been scheming in my head going 'how I can just nurse her through the game?'.
"So the idea was we play her forward for most of the game for really short stints on the ground and see what happens, and hopefully the scoreboard was in a way that would allow me do that but I just couldn't do it, I needed her in the middle and she delivered like she always does."

Another team of the week for Alice and of course Ellie. Not quite sure how Darcy Vescio made it.

View attachment 1546993

I really feel like Vescio makes it on reputation half the time. 12 touches at 100% efficency and 5 tackles is a pretty good game but you'd think that not hitting the scoreboard as one of the premier forwards in the competition in a close match would end up causing them to miss out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back