List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No money in the kitty for that. Maybe some will eventuate if ground does get used for Olympics

Also i might point out that when i visited the site last Wednesday no work has started on oval 2
Hopefully that is how things were planned and not due to running out of funds
That 2nd ground will be super important to growing the game and Lions brand in the area
Based on earlier reports, the second oval was always designated for later development. I wouldn't read too much into it. Having said that, I reckon the currently available funds have been well and truly used up.

An all mighty Haul!

That’s ridiculous.

There’s a very good chance all 5 fit into the best 23 (Fletcher probably not, but you never know).

All for the loss of McStay from our best 22 last year.

Fantastic recruiting with a fair chunk of luck thrown in.

It's been obvious most of the last season that we lack pace and kicking off HB. The fact that a smallish player with both these attributes is our best at HB this speaks volumes. It appears we are tackling these deficiencies with these specific improvements in mind. Good to see.

Now all we need is an all-round better effort from our FF, as apparently outlined in his exit review, along with the addition of Gunston, and away we go.

It's been obvious most of the last season that we lack pace and kicking off HB. The fact that a smallish player with both these attributes is our best at HB this speaks volumes. It appears we are tackling these deficiencies with these specific improvements in mind. Good to see.

Now all we need is an all-round better effort from our FF, as apparently outlined in his exit review, along with the addition of Gunston, and away we go.
Joe was playing really well before he busted his shoulder so hopefully he can get back to the level the coaches need and want.

Best outcome possible re McKenna I reckon, a 1yr contract. If he comes good we can always extend, if not or if Brisbane isn't his cup of tea, if his missus gets homesick, there's no damage done.

If/when it comes to extending McKenna, I think there will be more than Rich n Zorks moving on at the end of next season. There will be room for a good contract. I agree that Rich and Zorko will retire. I also think Lester will retire n go with Zorks. I don't think Cockatoo, Fullerton, Matho, n maybe Madden will be offered new deals. And depending on the comeback from injury and how his season goes, Lyons could find himself without an offer too. Ah Chee and Adams both suffered head knocks, any more serious incidents and they could think of their futures n retire. I'm not saying all will go but there's plenty of scope to make him a good offer.

It also looks a good position for the club to have like a mini refresh. A chance to thank retiring veterans and clear some underperforming mid aged depth etc. Even better we can do this while keeping our developing youth and upgrading the future. We should evolve nicely.

Joe was playing really well before he busted his shoulder so hopefully he can get back to the level the coaches need and want.

Agreed. I know he doesn't have the best of the body language or the bull at the gates FF look, but if Joe can re-produce what he did in first half of 2022, that'll go a long way in setting us up.

I'm hoping Gunston has a good run with us injury wise. Based on his Hawks history, as long as he's been out there fit n ready - he seems to deliver consistently.

Based on earlier reports, the second oval was always designated for later development. I wouldn't read too much into it. Having said that, I reckon the currently available funds have been well and truly used up.
Rent the second oval to gold coast to get a bit of money in... They don't get many people at the games so would probably fit them quite nicely.

Rent the second oval to gold coast to get a bit of money in... They don't get many people at the games so would probably fit them quite nicely.
Hell we can rent them the main oval when it ain't being used and ACLrUS Stadium is not available!

Cant really talk about Brisbane commuting, but have encountered enough Victorian players all over Melbourne and fair distances from their training grounds. I know a Richmond player who recently tried to buy a house round the corner from me - would be a 30-45min commute to Punt Road all the time. Melbourne has differences between stuff in Richmond and Casey which can easily be 1hr+ drives.

No player or staff is going to move across the country to a Melbourne based team over a commute. If anything it would drive players further away from Victorian clubs to smaller cities. People are going to move over playing time, $ and relationships way before commutes.

Although I will note that generally regular commutes over an hour will lead to health (mental and physical) issues. It puts a lot of strain on family life and similar issues. There are plenty of people who make the choice to go much longer but IMO it wont be worth it long term

What? Rich and Coleman are elite kicks and Starc, Coleman and Answerth all have pace what are you talking about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? Rich and Coleman are elite kicks and Starc, Coleman and Answerth all have pace what are you talking about?

Coleman has pace and distribution skills but isn't big.. The others have size but lack speed and kicking skills. Same with Adams although he has bulk. Big deficiencies if we are to get serious.

Coleman has pace and distribution skills but isn't big.. The others have size but lack speed and kicking skills. Same with Adams although he has bulk. Big deficiencies if we are to get serious.
Once teams put time into Coleman they stopped him easily. He's a great talent who needs to get stronger physically and harder to displace in a contest defensively.

Overall we need more mobility and strength around the flanks. Geelong showed how important it is to have your second tier players demolish their opponents in the contest with strength and the ability to keep their feet whatever.

Personally I think we've got a way to go to get to that level but of course they still have to keep reproducing it.

What do you want? You want 6 Adam Goodes running around in the backline? First you complain about lack of skills and pace, then now you move the goalpost and complain about size? The defence wasn't the issue it was our lack of defensive pressure from the midfield.

I know this isn't directly in the topic but wondering if anyone can answer this. In 2019 we received Collingwood 2020 round 3 selection in a trade. Just wondering what player this became? Was it Henry Smith?

What trade did we receive it in?
In 2019 we traded pick 48 to Collingwood for there 2020 3rd rounder. I'm trying to work out what we did with the 3030 3rd round pick tied to Collingwood.

Side not the pick 48 was received from Sydney for Lewis Taylor

It was actually that trade we traded Essendon Cuttler Collingwood on traded their 2nd round pick for Essendon 3rd we on traded our 2nd round and Future 2nd in the draft for Robertson
Nah it wasn't part of thr Cutler trade. For Cutler we got Essendons puck 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Back