Speculation Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would mcdonald go to any of the wa teams? WC is 5 years away from being competitive, Freo is very unlikely going to be competitive for a flag. Sydney on the other hand is looking good. They are always hovering around the 4th, 5th position.

Wrong

Freo with abit more development into thier young squad and they can become a top 4 team in 3-4 years
Maybe a better coach ? Throw $$ to Chris Scott for a new challenge

Getting McDonald they’d have a great KPF duo in Amiss and McDonald

Elite rucks in Darcy and Jackson who can play forward

Frederick and O’Driscoll on a wing

Great drive off HB with Ryan and Clark

Cox at CHB

Building a top tier midfield;
Serong
Brayshaw
Young
Erasmus
Johnson

Far closer to being relative than North

Yeah a Josh Jenkins type isn't the most appealing KPF, but if he is somehow reliably in the goal square all alone 3 times a game, I'd take the 60 goals.

He is progressing really well in my opinion. If he gets a bit more aggression at the ball and he starts using his weight better there is no reason he can't end up being a top 5 KPF in the competition in a few years time.
I think top 5 is a stretch, will definitely be a solid dependable key forward though. As someone who watch’s him weekly what do you see as his stand out strengths? Looks relatively good at everything, good kick, decent mark and works hard - doesn’t look to have that top line speed, aggression & contested marking ability to my eye that the very best have. And this isn’t something that changes, I’m yet to see a young key forward improve their ‘aggression’ or competitiveness and trust me I’ve wished for it from a hell of a lot of bulldogs talls over the years 😂

Looks like a 40 goal per year ‘support’ type 2nd tall IMO, nothing wrong with that and will play 200 games. but early days

I think top 5 is a stretch, will definitely be a solid dependable key forward though. As someone who watch’s him weekly what do you see as his stand out strengths? Looks relatively good at everything, good kick, decent mark and works hard - doesn’t look to have that top line speed, aggression & contested marking ability to my eye that the very best have. And this isn’t something that changes, I’m yet to see a young key forward improve their ‘aggression’ or competitiveness and trust me I’ve wished for it from a hell of a lot of bulldogs talls over the years 😂

Looks like a 40 goal per year ‘support’ type 2nd tall IMO, nothing wrong with that and will play 200 games. but early days

Agreed good supporting role alongside JUH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said he isn't going anywhere. Not a great thing to say about a young player.

Yeah ok and this is the draft trading thread speculating about an out of contract player, so pray tell smartass what do you think I meant ? That he is not developing or he is not leaving Sydney..

What amazes me is that we all know that the trade period is dragged out to boost ratings, marketing money. Pretty obvious that the afl strategically release trades and leave the bigger names till the last minute to generate drama. Making it seem like it's on a knife's edge, when in reality the deal is done and dusted...yet we act like the same thing doesn't happen during the season.

I 100% believe the afl instructs clubs/players/managers etc hold off announcing re-signings. The afl want the clicks , plus they need something for the incredibly insular afl media to discuss all year

Wrong

Freo with abit more development into thier young squad and they can become a top 4 team in 3-4 years
Maybe a better coach ? Throw $$ to Chris Scott for a new challenge

Getting McDonald they’d have a great KPF duo in Amiss and McDonald

Elite rucks in Darcy and Jackson who can play forward

Frederick and O’Driscoll on a wing

Great drive off HB with Ryan and Clark

Cox at CHB

Building a top tier midfield;
Serong
Brayshaw
Young
Erasmus
Johnson

Far closer to being relative than North

For your long list of names, i just give you clarkson. Fundamental difference. Fullstop. Freo got longmuir, we got clarkson.

The guys whose teams he has coached haven’t been relevant since 2016?
The Clarko effect is false
His methods are past it

4 flags >>> 2 or any other number below 4. Theres ya relevance. Sheedy only got 4 from 27 years and he is one of the greatest.

Freo will come hard for him.

Reckon Sydney will make out like bandits.

With Treacy developing nicely and Darcy to come back freeing up Jackson I think Fremantle may drop out of the race.

His no longer a need, wouldn't surprise me if this was all smoke to make us move up our offer then they target Warner next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back