Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks!! I've figured out how to get the normal game tickets for both of us (seems we are just both linked to me email/app, which is fine). Will that work for the Good Friday game? I can't call until about 4pm tomorrow, which I'm worried they will be sold out by.
For GA membership I think you should still be ok by then. There looks like there's still quite a lot of tickets up on Level 3.

I forgot to request my membership package apparently (even though I opted in last year) and I have to wait 4 weeks.

Brilliant.

Huh. I never got the plastic cards - although I did log in and request them...

It was stuck to the cardboard thingy in the envelope. I made sure to check each of the six memberships individually and they’re all there. Check again and call the club if they’re not there. Pain in the rectal area I know.

It was stuck to the cardboard thingy in the envelope. I made sure to check each of the six memberships individually and they’re all there. Check again and call the club if they’re not there. Pain in the rectal area I know.
Yeah, don't remember even getting those to be honest. I feel strongly about phone call avoidance though, see how we go... :p

Lol. Well there you go, got an email late last night saying my membership packs have left the depot and expected to arrive "within 10 days". I probably don't need them realistically if digital manages to work, but that is laughable service when it's round 3 by the time they arrive minimum.

Lol. Well there you go, got an email late last night saying my membership packs have left the depot and expected to arrive "within 10 days". I probably don't need them realistically if digital manages to work, but that is laughable service when it's round 3 by the time they arrive minimum.
Yep got the same email... its a joke really. Surely they can get the membership packs out for the first home game...

Proof will be in the attendance. Every year we appear to have 40+k members yet struggle to get 20k+ at home games.

Already talk of a very low crowd this weekend, it’s about time our members showed up in force.
It will be interesting to see how full the level2 new Arden reserved area is....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the same email. They took the money out for my membership last October!

Proof will be in the attendance. Every year we appear to have 40+k members yet struggle to get 20k+ at home games.

Already talk of a very low crowd this weekend, it’s about time our members showed up in force.

Mate I turn up every week, doesn't matter how we are going, what time of the day or where its been played

But if I was fair weather fan, this club has won 12 of its last 85 games.

its time for the players to show up in force and the crowds will come.

Huh. I never got the plastic cards - although I did log in and request them...
I haven't had major problems with phone based tickets in the past but my father in law had managed to be unable to access his in the past (he has plastic but had some upgrade entitlements that he somehow lost). As we both changed to cheer squad we did that by phone and both requested plastic during the call. Our cards arrived in the mail so I'm ok with that but even though I have been able to log in to Ticketmaster I don't see an online ticket as yet. I was able to get a reserved seat for good friday so I put that straight into my google wallet.

Let's see how it works out.

Realistically I'd say around 50% of your total give or take can reasonably be expected to turn up most games. That's just the reality. Collingwood don't play double ups with other Melbourne teams whilst avoiding GWC / GC / Fre / WC etc for no reason - it's because no matter how big the club you draw more against Vic based teams. The biggest clubs would be demanding fixtures against non vic teams if they thought they could fill the stands with their own supporters every week.

Mate I turn up every week, doesn't matter how we are going, what time of the day or where its been played

But if I was fair weather fan, this club has won 12 of its last 85 games.

its time for the players to show up in force and the crowds will come.

I'm the same as you but many are not, for some - affordability, lifestyle, kids sport, work, holidays - there will always be challenges in attending every week. The only real challenge we face is to build the total game attending base long term. Good fixtures and good footy come and go but the only answer long term is for the total to grow big enough vs capacity of the ground that people need to become members and stay members and in particular reserved seat ones. At this current stadium IMO we need to get to around 50k Victorian based members for that to become a reality I'd say.

Yeah I'm rusted on as can get but sometimes things fall badly with the fixture. F1 this coming weekend and then a holiday good Friday a holiday. I have been away every good Friday but one. The 140 odd point pumping by the dogs :(

Round 0 and Round 1 I was sat at home iching to go to a game

I agreed 12 months ago to pet sit for people who are attending the Grand Prix. Shattered it clashes with round 1. Would have loved to have been there.

Taking my elderly mum for the first time in ages. Used to upgrade our GA member tickets but ticketek member upgrade still asks for barcodes ? No codes or numbers on my card work
Anyone got any suggestions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back