Autopsy Round 2, 2024: St.Kilda v Collingwood *SPUD'S GAME* *ROSS 200TH* *BYRNES 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, yeah…so the players were awesome and the win was great, but….

….how about us fans?
The joint was bloody jumping!!
Best $100 000 the club has spent!

….how about us fans?
We would have absolutely cleaned up with 70k there.

500k+ I’m tipping.

We got a VERY good ride from the umpires tonight. It’s a ******* rarity so I’m not gonna complain or draw attention but it felt truly bizarre.
Was it the first quarter where I think every single possession we got from the back 50 to us kicking a goal was a free kick? 😂

….how about us fans?

The vibe was fantastic, loud, energetic and tribal. Like the old days.

It was windy desire to win every ball he could that stood out. He threw himself at everything

There was a passage of play in the 3rd quarter where both Windhager and Owens just threw themselves at Pies players tackling them.

It was like watching a couple of crocodiles devouring a couple of naive German tourists that went too close to the river, they were ferocious.

I really want to enjoy the win but I feel like I’m enjoying the crying Collingwood supporters more… especially about the umpiring. It’s like they’ve forgotten the last two years worth of dick riding they’ve received from them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They cut up rough at the game too. Made the win all that much sweeter!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think Pou being “outshone” by his peers will spur him on even more. He has the hunger, he will certainly get there.
Said it many times tonight, what an exciting core.

Imagine a super athletic Keeler fitting in somewhere in the future. Utter madness.

Wilson is going to be a gun too. It's crazy how good the youth look. I wish we'd kept Toce. He seemed to know what he was doing.

Nas, Chito, Windy, King, Higgins, Pou, Sharman, Henry, Byrnes, Stocker, Wilson - all aged <25. All contributed in their own ways. Some dominated, and some weren't as prolific. However, EVERYONE embraced and took their moment when it came. That's the sign of a young team on the up.

Some thoughts in no particular order:

- loved seeing Zak Jones out there tonight. He is a ferocious player and a point of difference. If he’s fit he’s best 22.

- Windy will spend the rest of the year in our first choice midfield I reckon. I think he’s just jumped the queue ahead of Crouch, Dow and Clark.

- Liam Henry is Shai Bolton 2.0. One of the cleanest crumbers I’ve seen and was involved in everything.

- Wood is a big loss. We don’t have many wingers in reserve who can do what he does.

- Owens went full beast mode tonight. He is a special asset. But I see a big role for Jack Hayes in this team.

- Nasiah was immense. And Sinclair will get a lot better. Possibly the best half back combo in the comp by season end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back