Multiplat Dragon’s Dogma 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rough performance on pc in cities (npc-heavy locations). Lowering settings makes little difference. Would be ok except AIs dont seem to be doing much to require such cpu usage?

Otherwise, am having fun.

Actually interested in hearing more from those here too. I don't care about the Steam reviews because they'll bomb anything and I love the video Cowboy made in reply. In fact I don't think I've ever heard him swear like that and I've been following him since Dark Souls.

He swears all the time in his Soulsborne content 😅

Not saying the MTX isn't bad because it is horrible, but capcom's been shoving them in all their games for years. DMC, Street fighter, Monster Hunter, RE4, they all had it, and people loved those games

Now they're doing it to a less mainstream series then people start screaming about it.

How are you finding it so far?

I’ve played just under 3hrs so far, the character creation was great, quite in depth. My 3hrs has been interrupted with kids and stuff so I really want to get a good stint (hopefully tonight) where I can immerse myself into the world and get a good feel of it, but early signs are good, combat is fun and challenging, the world looks great but FPS is an issue atm.

I’m on the series x, not a very smooth experience so far I’m hoping they get onto it, I’m yet to enter a big city and heard the FPS dips quite low which won’t be fun at all.

Also small things like cut scenes with NPC’s talking and the sync with voice/lip is out, not a major thing but I know that can put some people off.

Not saying the MTX isn't bad because it is horrible, but capcom's been shoving them in all their games for years. DMC, Street fighter, Monster Hunter, RE4, they all had it, and people loved those games

Now they're doing it to a less mainstream series then people start screaming about it.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they do that a few weeks into release with those games when they had built up goodwill and reviews?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not one who gives a s**t about performance usually, Mass Effect 1 is probably my favourite game of all time. Apart from all that, is the actual game any good? I've still got ages to go in FF7Rebirth so I won't get to this any time soon.

Performance aside, is it the masterpiece people were expecting?

I don’t know how anyone could call it a masterpiece. It’s very similar to the first game (as far as i can remember) but it doesn’t do anything we haven’t seen before. Most of the things i like about it - combat, exploration, builds - have been done better in other titles. I’d compare it to old school ‘eurojank’ titles from back in the day, but i guess ‘asianjank’ wouldn’t be an acceptable description these days. Before original sin and baldurs gate 3, larian did a better job with divinity 2 than what we've gotten here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back