Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Hey guys, not letting me move the posts for some reason but please move any discussion of proposed jumpers to the Jumper Ideas thread, which can be found here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jumper-ideas-for-2025.1378039/

This thread is specifically for discussion of the content on Mero’s site. 🤙
This is the jumper ideas thread is it not? Or am I missing something

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That might be why it's not letting you move it 😅

Oh I see what’s happened - they were initially posted in the Footyjumpers thread, and the discussion had moved here. I just assumed I was looking at the same thread!

All good, carry on haha 😅

I wish West Coast wore royal Blue home only, Gold away, with either a white clash version or Navy Blue clash version
The gold wings is the perfect clash jumper for us. It’s light coloured and provides contrast against all teams that we can’t wear our royal blue against.

There’s no need for us to introduce non-club colours like white and navy into our uniforms, IMO. We spent half a decade as a fan base lobbying to get rid of them.

I usually really hate when clubs that don't have white as a team colour are forced to use white as a colour on their jumpers but those are super clean. I rate it. This also further confirms my belief West Coast look so much better with Navy instead of Royal Blue.
Because I didn't know the Navy Blue Rob did I did my own Navy Blue: West Coast Eagles Navy Blue: red 9, green 18, blue 72 [Navy Blue shade red 7, green 15, blue 56]

I think my Navy Blue is darker Navy Blue to what Rob has. I didn't know the Navy blue I tried to get it close to what Rob did. The West Coast Eagles Colours I did are:
West Cost Eagles Royal blue: red 11, green 44 and blue 174 [Royal blue shade red 10, green 38, blue 154]

West Coast Eagles Gold: red 255, green 204, blue 28 [Gold shade red 215, green 167, blue 0]

West Coast Eagles Navy Blue: red 9, green 18, blue 72 [Navy Blue shade red 7, green 15, blue 56]
Take care everyone

The gold wings is the perfect clash jumper for us. It’s light coloured and provides contrast against all teams that we can’t wear our royal blue against.

There’s no need for us to introduce non-club colours like white and navy into our uniforms, IMO. We spent half a decade as a fan base lobbying to get rid of them.
Yes I like the Royal Blue, having Gold as Away instead of Clash allows the Gold version to be worn more often in Away games. Then have either white clash or Navy Blue Clash away against hawthorn.

Yes I like the Royal Blue, having Gold as Away instead of Clash allows the Gold version to be worn more often in Away games. Then have either white clash or Navy Blue Clash away against hawthorn.
I respect that you like the navy but adding an extra non-club coloured guernsey when our current set already works against all 17 opponents doesn’t make a lot of sense in my mind. Royal blue provides perfect contrast against Hawthorn. IMG_1875.jpeg

Also I like the Gold Shorts and socks for the Gold Jumper. I do like Royal blue jumper and I like that Gold jumper, that is why I wish West Coast had that Royal Blue for Home only games [12 home games?], the Gold Jumper away games [most away games], either white clash that has Royal Blue and Gold as clash option 1 away against Hawthorn or have Navy Blue clash which would be for one away games against Hawthorn. Then if West Coast make the Final 8 the Home finals in Royal Blue, the away games in Gold except when against Hawthorn. In my view the white clash option is better than the Navy Blue clash option.

Also I like the Gold Shorts and socks for the Gold Jumper. I do like Royal blue jumper and I like that Gold jumper, that is why I wish West Coast had that Royal Blue for Home only games [12 home games?], the Gold Jumper away games [most away games], either white clash that has Royal Blue and Gold as clash option 1 away against Hawthorn or have Navy Blue clash which would be for one away games against Hawthorn. Then if West Coast make the Final 8 the Home finals in Royal Blue, the away games in Gold except when against Hawthorn. In my view the white clash option is better than the Navy Blue clash option.
Agree to disagree then. Our current jumper set is perfect in my opinion.

West Coast don't need a navy jumper outside of Gather round / Retro round , we have more than enough teams wearing dark kits as it is.
OK fine. But I want the Gold jumper as the away one. Then the white one would be great clash one for away games against Hawthorn that could be one game a year. In 1988 when West Coast stopped using the Gold Jumper and only wore royal Blue until end of the 1994 season was sad. If I was West Coast in 1987 I would have had the royal Blue version home only with royal blue shorts, I would have had the gold away [Gold socks] Gold shorts away against Sydney, for clash against hawthorn I would have had the white version with royal Blue and Gold. For me it is not about need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Eagles current set is perfection, and anyone wanting to mess with that wants change for the sake of change.

The home guernsey is the design that the club has played in seven grand finals and won four flags in, offers a suitable away option and when it does clash, the gold clash jumper solves it.

A navy jumper only serves to add more clashes with the large number of navy & black teams, and a white clash offers no benefit whatsoever (you’d wear the blue away with white shorts against the Hawks, for instance.)

The only change I’d like to see is the Gather Round jumper each season (plenty of options to run through including the 1987 home, 1992/94 home, 1995 away, 2000 home, 2000 away, 2006 away etc), and maybe see the clash worn at home with the blue shorts once a year as a nod to the original home jumper.

The Eagles current set is perfection, and anyone wanting to mess with that wants change for the sake of change.

The home guernsey is the design that the club has played in seven grand finals and won four flags in, offers a suitable away option and when it does clash, the gold clash jumper solves it.

A navy jumper only serves to add more clashes with the large number of navy & black teams, and a white clash offers no benefit whatsoever (you’d wear the blue away with white shorts against the Hawks, for instance.)

The only change I’d like to see is the Gather Round jumper each season (plenty of options to run through including the 1987 home, 1992/94 home, 1995 away, 2000 home, 2000 away, 2006 away etc), and maybe see the clash worn at home with the blue shorts once a year as a nod to the original home jumper.
What about an annual Ochre?

What about an annual Ochre?

I’d be happy with the Ochre coming back for a single Gather Round and then riding off into that beautiful gradient sunset.

As much as I love the Ochre and it has formed an oddly persistent part of my identity as a designer, the Eagles identity is royal and gold, and rightfully so.

Just once is all I ask for, and it would be mission complete.

OK fine. But I want the Gold jumper as the away one. Then the white one would be great clash one for away games against Hawthorn that could be one game a year. In 1988 when West Coast stopped using the Gold Jumper and only wore royal Blue until end of the 1994 season was sad. If I was West Coast in 1987 I would have had the royal Blue version home only with royal blue shorts, I would have had the gold away [Gold socks] Gold shorts away against Sydney, for clash against hawthorn I would have had the white version with royal Blue and Gold. For me it is not about need.

A white jumper isn’t necessary…it’s been established that the WC set is ideal and doesn’t need any tweaks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Home, Away, Clash, more money in sales for West Coast Club shop. Home Royal Blue, Blue short and Royal Blue sock. Gold away jumper, Gold shorts, also white shorts, Gold Ruck socks, then a Clash Jumper either White or Navy Blue and socks for the clash. That is more money in sales for West Coast. In English Soccer there are home kits, Away Kits and 3rd Kits. That makes clubs money in sales. Yes also Anzac Day, Indigenous ones as well.

Home, Away, Clash, more money in sales for West Coast Club shop. Home Royal Blue, Blue short and Royal Blue sock. Gold away jumper, Gold shorts, also white shorts, Gold Ruck socks, then a Clash Jumper either White or Navy Blue and socks for the clash. That is more money in sales for West Coast. In English Soccer there are home kits, Away Kits and 3rd Kits. That makes clubs money in sales. Yes also Anzac Day, Indigenous ones as well.

West Coast execs right now:

IMG_8153.jpeg

In seriousness though, footy jumpers are becoming less and less of a needle mover, unless it’s retro, retro-adjacent or outlandish.

The European football comparison is a moot point - you’re comparing apples to oranges. Football kits are becoming more and more fashion forward and in general, it’s a lot more socially acceptable to wear a jersey out (a t-shirt) as opposed to a footy jumper (basically a vest/tanktop.)

Adding a white clash to West Coast’s set might sell a few jumpers but there’s better ways to make money in terms of club merchandise than adding another jumper into the set and diluting the brand. I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing a footy jumper to the shops, but I would wear a vintage Mitchell & Ness collab tee, for instance.

If you wanna see what it’d look like, I made it back when it was being speculated (this was before the rebrand was officially launched) and honestly, I’m glad it never came to fruition.

IMG_8154.jpeg

Carlton VS West Coast, West Coast VS Carlton, Carlton VS Melbourne, Melbourne VS Carlton. The only time West Coast would wear the white or navy blue clash would be away to hawthorn one game a year. Melbourne also wear Navy blue. no issue with clash jumper.

Attachments

• Melbourne VS Carlton.png
    Melbourne VS Carlton.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Carlton VS Melbourne.png
    Carlton VS Melbourne.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 38
  • West Coast VS Carlton.png
    West Coast VS Carlton.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Carlton VS West Coast.png
    Carlton VS West Coast.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 43
I don't think West Coast of all clubs need to resort to that, they'll still be raking it in this season even as a bottom 2 certainty. Most other clubs in their on-field position, sure I can see the benefit, but not the Eagles. They don't need to sell themselves out in that way.

West Coast execs right now:

View attachment 1957402

In seriousness though, footy jumpers are becoming less and less of a needle mover, unless it’s retro, retro-adjacent or outlandish.

The European football comparison is a moot point - you’re comparing apples to oranges. Football kits are becoming more and more fashion forward and in general, it’s a lot more socially acceptable to wear a jersey out (a t-shirt) as opposed to a footy jumper (basically a vest/tanktop.)

Adding a white clash to West Coast’s set might sell a few jumpers but there’s better ways to make money in terms of club merchandise than adding another jumper into the set and diluting the brand. I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing a footy jumper to the shops, but I would wear a vintage Mitchell & Ness collab tee, for instance.

If you wanna see what it’d look like, I made it back when it was being speculated (this was before the rebrand was officially launched) and honestly, I’m glad it never came to fruition.

View attachment 1957409
Yes i saved that photo a long time ago and I got Rob to do those custom uniforms for me in 2021. I didn't think of asking for Ruck socks. That is why I done ruck socks. I thank Rob everything he has done for me.

Carlton VS West Coast, West Coast VS Carlton, Carlton VS Melbourne, Melbourne VS Carlton. The only time West Coast would wear the white or navy blue clash would be away to hawthorn one game a year. Melbourne also wear Navy blue. no issue with clash jumper.
West Coast VS Hawthorn, Hawthorn VS West Coast. Later on in the year if Rob has time I will ask him if he can fix the white ruck socks for me by adding Royal blue with gold on the top part of those socks. This is hawthorn in the Stripes design, I also did hawthorn in the V design. i can show you all of them in all socks designs I did a while back.

Attachments

• West Coast VS Hawthorn.png
    West Coast VS Hawthorn.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Hawthorn VS West Coast.png
    Hawthorn VS West Coast.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 44
West Coast VS Hawthorn, Hawthorn VS West Coast. Later on in the year if Rob has time I will ask him if he can fix the white ruck socks for me by adding Royal blue with gold on the top part of those socks. This is hawthorn in the Stripes design, I also did hawthorn in the V design. i can show you all of them in all socks designs I did a while back.
Hawthorn Brown home design Gold V suggested home in the V design. with 3 different home socks option. White shorts away.

hawthorn clash uniform gold jumper, gold collars with two different socks design. Those are in the V design.

Attachments

• 03-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Away With long Brown ruck socks.png
    03-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Away With long Brown ruck socks.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 03-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Away long ruck socks.png
    03-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Away long ruck socks.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 03-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Away long Brown ruck socks with 3 Gold hoop stripes.png
    03-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Away long Brown ruck socks with 3 Gold hoop stripes.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 02-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Home With long brown ruck socks.png
    02-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Home With long brown ruck socks.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 02-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Home long ruck socks.png
    02-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Home long ruck socks.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 02-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Home long brown ruck socks with 3 gold hoop stripes.png
    02-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Home long brown ruck socks with 3 gold hoop stripes.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 04-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Clash Gold collars Long Ruck Socks.png
    04-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Clash Gold collars Long Ruck Socks.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 04-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Clash with Gold collars and long Gold ruck socks.png
    04-Hawthorn-Uniform-Jason-Clash with Gold collars and long Gold ruck socks.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 29
Hawthorn Brown home design Gold V suggested home in the V design. with 3 different home socks option. White shorts away.

hawthorn clash uniform gold jumper, gold collars with two different socks design. Those are in the V design.
Hawthorn in the Stripes design i would have brown version as the main ones. 3 different socks design brown shorts at home white shorts away. Gold clash i did the Gold collars. 2 different socks design I was able to do for the clash. Down the track I will ask rob next year the away hoop socks Ruck socks, Gold socks with 3 brown hoop stripes.

Attachments

• 07-Hawthorn-Uniform2014C-Back Gold collars.png
    07-Hawthorn-Uniform2014C-Back Gold collars.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 06-Hawthorn-Uniform2014A-Back With long Brown ruck socks.png
    06-Hawthorn-Uniform2014A-Back With long Brown ruck socks.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 06-Hawthorn-Uniform2014A-Back long ruck socks.png
    06-Hawthorn-Uniform2014A-Back long ruck socks.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 06-Hawthorn-Uniform2014A-Back long Brown ruck socks with 3 Gold hoop stripes.png
    06-Hawthorn-Uniform2014A-Back long Brown ruck socks with 3 Gold hoop stripes.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 05-Hawthorn-Uniform2014H-Back With long Brown Ruck Socks.png
    05-Hawthorn-Uniform2014H-Back With long Brown Ruck Socks.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 05-Hawthorn-Uniform2014H-Back long ruck socks.png
    05-Hawthorn-Uniform2014H-Back long ruck socks.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 05-Hawthorn-Uniform2014H-Back long brown ruck socks with 3 gold hoop stripes.png
    05-Hawthorn-Uniform2014H-Back long brown ruck socks with 3 gold hoop stripes.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 07-Hawthorn-Uniform2014C-Back With Gold collars and With Long Gold ruck socks.png
    07-Hawthorn-Uniform2014C-Back With Gold collars and With Long Gold ruck socks.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back