Discussion NAB Cup Round 4 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Next weeks game has been announced: Friday 16/3; Coll v StK, Visy Park, 4pm

Just what we need, after a week in the rain followed by a week in the heat, and travelling across the country, to boot.

Pain. Lots of pain coming for us this week.

Just what we need, after a week in the rain followed by a week in the heat, and travelling across the country, to boot.

Pain. Lots of pain coming for us this week.

AFL have really done us no favours this pre season. FFS a short week coming back from a 35 degree Perth game. The result is irrelevant but the players preparation is all over the place.

Practice match I'm guessing, since we've been eliminated from the NAB cup.

NAB Challenge, but still a practice game.

Collingwood have been woeful in their games.

reckon theyll give the 2nd year youngsters a chance like sam crocker , tom curran , jackson ferguson and archer, theyve been in the system for a couple years and have not had not much game time in the nab cup last year and this year, let alone none for jacko, im really curios and interested on what they can do, just give em a chance to shine :D

Highly doubt we'll see many changes, especially as Watters is concerned with lack of fitness due to missing an entire game. They all need more time in their legs.

Archer is injured shaan, so wouldnt be playing anyway. Saw Ferguson play at Sandy and wasnt impressed at all, is much further back then i expected him to be.

I'd like to see Armitage given greater responsibility, as well as Ross in for Geary.

Less emphasis on passing inside fwd 50, and take more shots

You would think both teams would be playing strong line ups this week with it being the last proper practice match before the season starts.

Quite a few of our senior players looked rusty against West Coast after missing a game against Essendon so could probably do with another hit out.

Admittedly, it was hard to look rusty on that night for a Victorian team. Utterly ridiculous - freezing ourselves in the wet one week, frying us the next.

AFL can be just so thoughtless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you kidding? Seaford?

You do realise that the Pies are coming back from Adelaide, yes? No way can the AFL then expect them to turn around in just 1 week and drive all the way out to Seaford... :p

For those who cant attend Saints challenge match against Collingwood on Friday Night, it appears 1116 SEN will be broadcasting the match.

I thought originally the AFL was going to make all NAB Round 4 clashes on areanas that were going to be used during the season proper? Such as Etihad Stadium in this case. So much for that I guess.

Its a tough time for the punter, 4pm on a work day. Lucky for me I do a bit of work at VISY PARK and can schedule that in for say...2:30ish Friday ;)

For those who cant attend Saints challenge match against Collingwood on Friday Night, it appears 1116 SEN will be broadcasting the match.

Excellent! :thumbsu:

The more the merrier Squizzy. If it's broadcast on SEN it's probably easier for someone from home to update scores and goal kickers but we'd appreciate the player updates from as many people as possible who are at the game.

The more the merrier Squizzy. If it's broadcast on SEN it's probably easier for someone from home to update scores and goal kickers but we'd appreciate the player updates from as many people as possible who are at the game.

Yeah, would be great if someone else can do this.

There's a good chance I'll be going to the game. Not sure my reporting skills will be up to Squizz's standard. Nor my chances of recognising half our youngsters but I will provide as much feedback as I can :)

Provided I'm not drunk. Which is no certainty!

2012 Members from both clubs will gain free general admission entry to Visy Park on presentation of their current 2012 Membership Card.

For St Kilda Football Club Members who have not received their valid Membership Card or sign up on the day, you will be able to collect a paper ticket at the gate with proof of ID.

Ticket prices - available on the gate
Adult $10.00
Concession $5.00
Children U15 $2.00
Family $20.00
Children U6 Free
AFL Members Free
Please note: Cash sales at the gate only

Cheersquad areas will not be designated for this game.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/130614/default.aspx

Squad's out, 25 man squad this time down from the 29 we took to Perth

Arryn Siposs (2)
Jack Steven (3)
Clint Jones (4)
Ben McEvoy (5)
Lenny Hayes (7)
Leigh Montagna (11)
Nick Riewoldt (12)
Adam Schneider (13)
Jarryn Geary (14)
Tom Ledger (15)
Brendon Goddard (18)
Sam Gilbert (19)
David Armitage (20)
Ahmed Saad (21)
Justin Koschitzke (23)
Sean Dempster (24)
Sam Fisher (25)
Nick Dal Santo (26)
Jason Blake (27)
Rhys Stanley (28)
Brett Peake (30)
Tom Simpkin (31)
Terry Milera (32)
Jamie Cripps (35)
Stephen Milne (44)

In: Saad (21)
Out: Gram (1), Winmar (17), Ray (22), Wilkes (37), Shenton (39)

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/130651/default.aspx

Interesting that Gram and Ray have been left out. Good to see Saad in. I would think Simpkin is the full back of choice for Round 1. Be a good first up test against John Butcher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back