Off-topic ♫ Rate the song above thread! ♫

Does Jazny have the best taste in music on the Bay?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the World Cup spirit before the Aussie’s DESTROY the might of Sri Lanka

In the World Cup spirit before the Aussie’s DESTROY the might of Sri Lanka

Aussie classic. Shame the only version on Spotify is the s**t house remix from the Boned album. 9/10

Do you like Phil Collins?

Jazny I would like your serious opinion on this one. I find it quite soothing, though I haven't read the lyrics. They sound like they could be a bit dark.

Mike Oldfield is seriously talented and a great guitarist. Just a truly melodic solo in this one.

It was okay I liked it, it sounded familiar to me and I dont know why.

Jazny You'd probably like Mike Masse's covers on youtube. Still funny watching him pump out an amazing cover in some shitty pizza place with 10 people there eating and occasionally giving him a golf clap at the end if he's lucky.
I googled him and recognised him from his cover of Africa, he is pretty good.

Phil Collins is awesome.

10/10 one of the all time greatest ever vocalists.

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

10/10 one of the all time greatest ever vocalists.

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

I know Phil loves me 8.1/10

Jazny I would like your serious opinion on this one. I find it quite soothing, though I haven't read the lyrics. They sound like they could be a bit dark.

Mike Oldfield is seriously talented and a great guitarist. Just a truly melodic solo in this one.

The lyrics are deep on this one.

The lyrics are about the frozen shock of a girl who witnesses the death of her own boyfriend; taken away in the moonlight, shot to death during a fight. And it’s on the ascending climax of the song that Maggie gets angry, finally realising that her love is dying. He was shot right there, under the moonlight shadow.
Only rock can conceal so much mystery and cruelty behind such quiet notes, a delicate voice, and tones that are inviting like summer smash hits, but yet that carry such a tough message.

Just like this classic:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back