Goals: 0
Yabby Medal votes: 0

Averages

Kicks: 7.1 per game
Handballs: 5.8 per game
Disposals: 12.9 per game
Marks: 3.0 per game

Standout

Round 4 (versus St Kilda): Showed some good work ethic against the Saints, picking up a season-high 18 disposals and laying four tackles for the game. But it was in vain as the Saints ran over the top of the Hawks late in the game, defeating the Hawks by five points.

Shocker

Round 14 (versus Sydney): Brought back into the team after being absent for a few rounds, he failed to grasp his opportunity in a 19 point loss to the Swans, having just seven disposals, a solitary mark and laying five tackles. Morrison was omitted for the next game and didn't play at the AFL level again for the season.

35 - Harry Morrison (2018)

He was the most disappointing player this year by far. Needs a big pre-season. Morrison needs to find a new role suitable for him. Whether that is as a half back, wing or even as a half forward. No doubt he has talent but he might be behind a number of players.

Losing form and struggling doesn’t concern me In a young player, it’s that it lasted the whole season and he didn’t work through it. Confidence seems to have taken a hit but I’m still backing him

Have a feeling he may have been carrying a niggle or two this year. Disappointing year from Harry but always applies himself over the off season so expect him to bounce back. An opportunity on the wing beckons

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

TBH never understood the love. Lacks hardness, light body, good endurance but limited short distance pace, no kicking distance, not an elite handballer, below average poise and awareness, can't take a contested mark.... hardly dominates at VFL level, which I know is not everything. Love his endeavour, but TOB was an outcast but had some tools, Harry doesn't. We should have traded last year when he had currency. StKilda would have given 3rd round.

There are some late gems in the draft that somehow slip through and then there are reasons why certain players get picked up so late. Harry is the latter imo unfortunately. Some clear deficiencies that CLA mentioned above.

I hope he can show something different next year. He is coming into his 4th year and wouldn't want to have another year like this.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

TBH never understood the love. Lacks hardness, light body, good endurance but limited short distance pace, no kicking distance, not an elite handballer, below average poise and awareness, can't take a contested mark.... hardly dominates at VFL level, which I know is not everything. Love his endeavour, but TOB was an outcast but had some tools, Harry doesn't. We should have traded last year when he had currency. StKilda would have given 3rd round.
Good spatial awareness
Team organiser
Good decision maker
Reliable skills
Versatile

Most of all:
Willing to work hard and learn.

Let's see if he can step up.

Seemed a natural, smart player and it all just evaporated.
I wonder if he is struggling off the field bc he could not have lost his ability overnight.
I agree with this. Had an almost Breust-like knack for the game last season, albeit didn’t get a lot of the ball. This season when he played that confidence seemed to desert him.
Plenty of players have had had a second season shocker and come back to become fine players, going by the confidence the coaches show in him I’m tipping a huge offseason for Harry and him giving 2020 everything he can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has heaps of footy nous and a tank but lacking in almost every thing else - light bodied, small, not quick or agile.

A reasonable punt as a late pick but a reality check this year on his limitations. Struggle to see where he fits in a contending clubs best 18. Doesn’t have pace or footskills to play outside (wing, hbf) or body to player as defender or inside mid.

Needs a massive preseason to get super fit and strong.

Has great skills and ability to read the play. Feel like he was asked to play a more accountable role this year and had to run both ways but wasn’t up for it. Have to find another role for him otherwise he’s only a replacement if Scully is injured. Doesn’t like the tough stuff.

2nd year blues or just not good enough....??
Has great vision and neat disposal, but would love for an extra yard or 2 of legspeed.
Second* year blues I reckon. No doubt he won't have been happy with his year. He'll have had his end of season review with the coaches and should know what his weaknesses have been and what he needs to do to fix them. Put the hard work in over the preseason and he should be able to get back on the development rise he was having in 2018.

Turns 21 in November, so he's still got time to turn it around, but this is a season where he didn't measure up to expectations, for whatever reason.

I actually forgot about him. Guessing he got injured that's why he didn't play 4 box hill on the weekend, amazing fall from grace. Seemed like a guy destined 2 improve each year and get better. Became a guy u just didn't want in the team. Hopefully an aberration and there was some outside issues that can b resolved otherwise a big worry.

He's complete loss of form at AFL level was quite dumbfounding given his previous form and improvement and youthful age.

I think Morrison will bounce back next year- I think weight of expectations may have played a role in his form this season and I think next year he'll be stronger in body and as a player.
Can see him taking on a wing role if we were to lose one or two of our wingman in the off season; his footy iq is massive and his use is largely very good, I don't think his mindset and playstyle will ever make him a tight midfielder.

Reminds me of Xavier Ellis. Can impact the game on a good day but needs things to be going his way (right matchup, right conditions). Good footy nous and vision but is it enough? Handy enough depth player, think he will struggle to be a lock for best 22, but do hope he proves me wrong!

Needs a big preseason. Has some AFL qualities, but at this stage he hasn't fully put it together. Would like to see him working on his power through the legs/core.

I saw a bit of his early footy at Box Hill and he just always presented an option. Racked up possessions and fitted into our 'hang on to the ball' game plan.

I noticed that this was totally absent in his game this year. Was he fully fit? Or was he told not to run and present? Seeing his first 5 games compared to his last 5, I'd barely recognize him as the same player, he played starkly different. I think he'll be back. My one concern is that he is not quick for an outside player.

I've always hoped that Harry will one day be as good as Daisy Thomas was at his peak, with a similar playing style being able to beat most match-ups in one-on-one contests.

This clip from 2018 shows what I believe is Harry's immense potential to be not only a consistent contributor, but a matchwinner and opposition headache.

He is a very, very smart player. Hopefully his body catches up to his cranial ability. If it does, he could be a true X-factor player.

I've always hoped that Harry will one day be as good as Daisy Thomas was at his peak, with a similar playing style being able to beat most match-ups in one-on-one contests.

This clip from 2018 shows what I believe is Harry's immense potential to be not only a consistent contributor, but a matchwinner and opposition headache.

He is a very, very smart player. Hopefully his body catches up to his cranial ability. If it does, he could be a true X-factor player.

Don't see it.
Daisy was slippery quick, with a terrific leap and huge x factor.
Even post injury he leaves Harry in the far wake in all those areas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back