Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Everytime he went near the ball you knew he would bump his opponent or take a spectacular grab.

Love ya Maj!

I never could understand how a bloke who had so much to offer could be left out of the team for so long and so often over the years. I really think he was mismanaged and if he had been given the right support and left in the team from the get go he would have reached elite level seasons sooner. Oh well good luck for the future Maj 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my favourite memories of the big fella

Guys - please stop showing Majak's highlights! They only serve to make me despise that smirking little Brisbane Bears arseh*le we had as a coach even more than I currently do.

If Maj had been unleashed on the football world correctly, assuming he could stay fit and uninjured, he could have been the GOAT (or at least up there with the GOAT - Adrian McAdam).

Last edited:
All the best in retirement Maj.

Reckon he’s a chance to sign on with Boomer at North Heidelberg next year ;)

Also please Majak. Can you stay away from Melbourne nightclub figures looking to start up a cheap political career as Melbourne Lord Mayor ffs

Hard to think he only played 50 odd games, felt like a lot more and his highlights were extraordinary, and it wasn't until recently he became consistently border-elite with how good he was for us in defence and showed that prior to him leaving North he was a very capable forward.

Its easy to think about the what-ifs and should-haves because he's such a physical specimen unlike any seen in AFL, but he had a great storied career and his comeback will forever be a North legend and tales in AFL history next to the McCartney's of the same vein.

Congrats Maj on your career. A true 'highlight' player. Did things that others just weren't physically built for.

Glad to hear that he's doing so much better within himself and loving his time as a father.

Hope to see him back at the club in some capacity in the future, part of the huddle, talking to the players about the importance of support networks, dealing with the expectations of footy fans etc.

Enjoy your retirement mate.

Majak Daw takes first step in expected return to local footy club​

Retired Melbourne big man Majak Daw has taken a major step towards a local footy return, lodging a clearance to the Northern Football League.
June 29, 2022 - 5:30PM
Heidelberg Leader

Retired Melbourne big man Majak Daw has wasted no time in locking in his football future.
The 31-year-old has submitted a clearance to Northern Football League club North Heidelberg ahead of the June 30 deadline.

After leaving North Melbourne, Daw had signed for the Bulldogs in 2021 before Melbourne swooped with a pre-season supplementary selection offer.

Daw didn’t play an AFL game for the Demons and called time on his pioneering career this month with 54 games to his name.

As soon as his decision was announced rumours swirled as to his immediate future.

A return to Shelley Reserve was confirmed Wednesday when a clearance was lodged.

Any potential debut will be delayed as he recovers from a pectoral injury suffered just as it appeared he would make his AFL return.

Daw is not guaranteed to play at all this season due to his injury concerns but his immediate return to North Heidelberg is a positive step.

The ex-Kangaroo and Demon would be a massive boost to the Bulldogs’ finals hopes.

The Bulldogs currently sit sixth, a game outside the NFL Division 1 top-five.

Daw will reunite with North Melbourne teammate and recently inducted Australian Football Hall of Famer Brent Harvey at the club.

However, his brother Anthony departed earlier this season, submitting a clearance to Golden Rivers club Moulamein and then attempting to join Western Region outfit St Albans.

Announcing his decision to hang up the boots, Daw said the time was right to step away from the elite level.

“I walk away from the game with immense pride in what I’ve been able to achieve and the challenges I’ve been able to overcome,” he told the Melbourne website.

“With my current injury troubles, I’ve taken the opportunity to reflect on where I’m at and where I’m heading and in speaking with my management and the club, we’ve all agreed that the timing is right for me to retire from the game.

“By stepping away at this stage of the season I can focus on the next stage of my life and spend much more time on my most important and favourite job, being a loving and caring father to my son Hendrix.

“I would like to thank my family, friends, teammates, coaches and the wider football community for their support and care during my time in the industry. I walk away from the game with life-long memories, friendships and real pride in what I’ve achieved.”

North Heidelberg has also secured Reservoir’s Dylan Cornford for the second half of the season.

North Heidelberg hosts Northcote Park this Saturday at Shelley Reserve with the result to have major ramifications for both club’s seasons.

Last edited:

Majak Daw takes first step in expected return to local footy club​

Retired Melbourne big man Majak Daw has taken a major step towards a local footy return, lodging a clearance to the Northern Football League.
June 29, 2022 - 5:30PM
Heidelberg Leader

Retired Melbourne big man Majak Daw has wasted no time in locking in his football future.
The 31-year-old has submitted a clearance to Northern Football League club North Heidelberg ahead of the June 30 deadline.

After leaving North Melbourne, Daw had signed for the Bulldogs in 2021 before Melbourne swooped with a pre-season supplementary selection offer.

Daw didn’t play an AFL game for the Demons and called time on his pioneering career this month with 54 games to his name.

As soon as his decision was announced rumours swirled as to his immediate future.

A return to Shelley Reserve was confirmed Wednesday when a clearance was lodged.

Any potential debut will be delayed as he recovers from a pectoral injury suffered just as it appeared he would make his AFL return.

Daw is not guaranteed to play at all this season due to his injury concerns but his immediate return to North Heidelberg is a positive step.

The ex-Kangaroo and Demon would be a massive boost to the Bulldogs’ finals hopes.

The Bulldogs currently sit sixth, a game outside the NFL Division 1 top-five.

Daw will reunite with North Melbourne teammate and recently inducted Australian Football Hall of Famer Brent Harvey at the club.

However, his brother Anthony departed earlier this season, submitting a clearance to Golden Rivers club Moulamein and then attempting to join Western Region outfit St Albans.

Announcing his decision to hang up the boots, Daw said the time was right to step away from the elite level.

“I walk away from the game with immense pride in what I’ve been able to achieve and the challenges I’ve been able to overcome,” he told the Melbourne website.

“With my current injury troubles, I’ve taken the opportunity to reflect on where I’m at and where I’m heading and in speaking with my management and the club, we’ve all agreed that the timing is right for me to retire from the game.

“By stepping away at this stage of the season I can focus on the next stage of my life and spend much more time on my most important and favourite job, being a loving and caring father to my son Hendrix.

“I would like to thank my family, friends, teammates, coaches and the wider football community for their support and care during my time in the industry. I walk away from the game with life-long memories, friendships and real pride in what I’ve achieved.”

North Heidelberg has also secured Reservoir’s Dylan Cornford for the second half of the season.

North Heidelberg hosts Northcote Park this Saturday at Shelley Reserve with the result to have major ramifications for both club’s seasons.
Ooft didn’t think he’d make his way to North Heidelberg this year lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back