Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

he started pretty well and then went missing for a long time. put up pretty good contested possession and clearance numbers but he was giving away a lot of free kicks. i turned it off by the time he cracked the bloke so havent seen it yet.

he started pretty well and then went missing for a long time. put up pretty good contested possession and clearance numbers but he was giving away a lot of free kicks. i turned it off by the time he cracked the bloke so havent seen it yet.

It looks bad if you consider the aftermath but it also looks really innocuous. Hard to believe the soft campaigner went down for so long.

It looks bad if you consider the aftermath but it also looks really innocuous. Hard to believe the soft campaigner went down for so long.

After seeing the lifeless body lying prostrate on the ground I fully expected to see Cunners full on whacked the bloke across the head with a round arm.

After seeing the lifeless body lying prostrate on the ground I fully expected to see Cunners full on whacked the bloke across the head with a round arm.

I know. When I finally saw the hit I was a bit shocked. It looks like he hit him in the arm. I listened to the game, didn't see it, but at one point even the commentators were sheepish about some frees, especially one to Fyfe in front of goal where he just "fell over" to use the commentators words, after another incident with Cunners too.

I'm wondering if Lyon told them to dive every time they were near Cunners and umps weren't.

At a time where this team is starving for some ... any kind of leadership, just about the only bloke on the list who can put the team on his back and quite literally carry them forward - leaves himself wide open to not even being on the park next week with an act of aggression that under the circumstances carried absolutely ZERO weight.

Well done Cunners, love ya mate, but that’s about as stupid as it gets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As wrong as it was, and it was definitely an extraordinarily dumb thing to do no matter how frustrated he was, I couldn’t believe how the recipient went down like he’d been shot in the gonads with a sawn off shotgun. See you in a couple of weeks Cunners.
Speaking of which......Taberner should be ask to explain his hit on McKay. I mean he just thumped him in the groin/nether region for no reason ........they highlighted it on the bounce for gags but seriously it was a low act.

People who think like you are the reason this club has become a joke.

You're a Melbourne supporter who got lost on the way to the footy when you were a kid.
cool the jets snake, i have no problem with flying the flag, but with 2 mins to go and 80 points down its pure stupidity, no doubt it was driven my frustration but shesh.

I love Cunners but MrJoel is correct to call him out for this.

cool the jets snake, i have no problem with flying the flag, but with 2 mins to go and 80 points down its pure stupidity, no doubt it was driven my frustration but shesh.

I love Cunners but MrJoel is correct to call him out for this.

Sure, it's dumb as dog s**t, but at least we know HE ACTUALLY GIVES A *!

Sure, it's dumb as dog s**t, but at least we know HE ACTUALLY GIVES A ****!

Would love to agree, but can't. Cunnington is probably our best player and he decided to do something our of frustration that he knew would have a good chance of hurting the team's chances of winning next week.

Has to be smarter, as a senior player on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wilson was already ill and forced to stay on because we were out of interchanges, Cunnington was hanging around the physio when he ran some pills out and gave him a wack about 2 mins later

is there any footage of him actually hitting wilson? or is the footage from 100+ metres away with no actual vision of the connection the only footage out there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back