Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Cunners leaning up on the goal post, keep on walking mister..
AC0873-00000001-1.jpg

Daveyyyy, Dave Duchovny.

I knew the rule changes (interchange cap, free flowing style with man on the mark change) would have a negative impact on Cunnington's style of play... Just not this negative. I think the end will now come very quickly for a great servant of the club.

I knew the rule changes (interchange cap, free flowing style with man on the mark change) would have a negative impact on Cunnington's style of play... Just not this negative. I think the end will now come very quickly for a great servant of the club.
I dont agree with this. The first 40 minutes he was having a massive impact. We are simply not fit enough. Structure is breaking down due to fatigue. Need to get fitter. Also, hitting a target here n there would help also

I dont agree with this. The first 40 minutes he was having a massive impact. We are simply not fit enough. Structure is breaking down due to fatigue. Need to get fitter. Also, hitting a target here n there would help also

Ben is a beast in close. Few come closer. The reality is there are fewer scrimmages, ball ups. He's not as useful in a free flowing game.

Ben is a beast in close. Few come closer. The reality is there are fewer scrimmages, ball ups. He's not as useful in a free flowing game.

I actually thought he got to show off his underrated kicking a bit on Friday, and he still racked up 18 contested possessions in a very uncontested game. Was pleasantly surprised given he has had a year out of footy and the rules have changed.

I actually thought he got to show off his underrated kicking a bit on Friday, and he still racked up 18 contested possessions in a very uncontested game. Was pleasantly surprised given he has had a year out of footy and the rules have changed.
Mate, a footballer like Cunnington is successful in any decade, under any rules.

This talk of less stoppages affecting him is just a steaming pile of s**t. He will adapt, he will emphasise other facets of his game whilst still being the best clearance player in the AFL.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, a footballer like Cunnington is successful in any decade, under any rules.

This talk of less stoppages affecting him is just a steaming pile of sh*t. He will adapt, he will emphasise other facets of his game whilst still being the best clearance player in the AFL.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's a relief.

Great first up effort after a long break. Unfortunately, it came in a game in which we were completely outgunned. Ben, obviously, needed the gallop and will improve immeasurably over the coming weeks. Hopefully, Jed, returns soon. We really need both of them. LMac & Trent will help stabilise the middle.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back