Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon when he's 58, he'll weigh 143 kgs & still line up at full forward for Cobden, kick a lazy 14 without leaving the square, skull a choggy milk after the match (his match payment), and then nick off back to the farm to put the cows to bed.

He's the Mick Dundee of AFL football.

I reckon when he's 58, he'll weigh 143 kgs & still line up at full forward for Cobden, kick a lazy 14 without leaving the square, skull a choggy milk after the match (his match payment), and then nick off back to the farm to put the cows to bed.

He's the Mick Dundee of AFL football.
Think you might have missed him milking them and going fishing?

Just had a chat to my mate, who is close with a Melb Key Defender. My mate is a north supporter so we were reminiscing how good cunners was today, he brought up at half time against melbourne, from his mate, who told him, Goodwin had told the dees that they must stop cunners at whatever the cost, but as a team they had decided that was impossible, they had tried every trick in the book, and in the end forfeited to Cunners. We all know what kind of game he played that day.

Just had a chat to my mate, who is close with a Melb Key Defender. My mate is a north supporter so we were reminiscing how good cunners was today, he brought up at half time against melbourne, from his mate, who told him, Goodwin had told the dees that they must stop cunners at whatever the cost, but as a team they had decided that was impossible, they had tried every trick in the book, and in the end forfeited to Cunners. We all know what kind of game he played that day.
Apparently they sent Angus Brayshaw to him and his comment was that Cunners was best player he'd ever played on. Said Ben didn't run at all, but was so strong he just couldn't be moved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got caught HTB with the footy.

Game has gone past him. Delist.
He seems to get held to a higher level of account than many players. Maybe because he actually tries to work through a tackle rather than just drop it cold.
Sad state of affairs that the game is now officiated that way.

He looked so happy after the final siren. Chatting and hugging everyone. So underatted. He is an absolute star. So glad he plays for our club.
I was watching the game with a Hawfs supporter, he goes "who's that number 10, he goes alright for yous"

Just goes to show how clueless most supporters are when it comes to Ben. I was in disbelief.

I simply said to him "Enjoy the marvel that is Cunnington plying his trade."

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back