Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

This looks like one of those BF discussions that's morphed out of control on the back of a throwaway line. I think someone said as a joke that Ben did his back doing some superhuman lifting at the farm during the break. It was a nod to Ben being a superman, no?

I believe the truth is far more mundane - it appears that he did his back in a game (Sydney - round 3?).
Is it even a back injury?

Wasn't sciatica cited?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This looks like one of those BF discussions that's morphed out of control on the back of a throwaway line. I think someone said as a joke that Ben did his back doing some superhuman lifting at the farm during the break. It was a nod to Ben being a superman, no?

I believe the truth is far more mundane - it appears that he did his back in a game (Sydney - round 3?).

That was me. Definitely a throwaway line. I suggested that he might have tried lifting a 700 kg bull. I would have thought most people would know that was a throwaway line. That's a decent sized bull (though there are many much bigger than that). I don't think there would have ever been anyone born who would be able to pick up a 700 kg bull.

Mind you, a Great Uncle of mine, used to stitch us up with a theory that he liked to put to us when we were kids. If you pick up a baby calf (say 30 kgs at birth) once a day, you will still be able to pick it up when it is fully grown. Make of that what you will.

Mind you, a Great Uncle of mine, used to stitch us up with a theory that he liked to put to us when we were kids. If you pick up a baby calf (say 30 kgs at birth) once a day, you will still be able to pick it up when it is fully grown. Make of that what you will.
That must be the part they always cut out of superhero origin stories

This has its roots in some Roman or Greek training protocol I think. It's definitely an old concept.

That was me. Definitely a throwaway line. I suggested that he might have tried lifting a 700 kg bull. I would have thought most people would know that was a throwaway line. That's a decent sized bull (though there are many much bigger than that). I don't think there would have ever been anyone born who would be able to pick up a 700 kg bull.

I've tried to pick up a few old cows over the years.

Unsuccessfully, for the most part.

I've tried to pick up a few old cows over the years.

Unsuccessfully, for the most part.

Same here. Back when I was around 20 in the days of the over 28’s nights at various suburban dives. “Grab a Granny Night” as we called it.

PREDICTION: Brad Johnson says North Melbourne should trade Ben Cunnington if it is serious about a rebuild and could really kickstart a retooling with the 3rd or 4th rounder he'd demand on the open market
Would love to see someone wipe that smug grin off his face. Preferably Cunners and Brown.

PREDICTION: Brad Johnson says North Melbourne should trade Ben Cunnington if it is serious about a rebuild and could really kickstart a retooling with the 3rd or 4th rounder he'd demand on the open market

Let's run 3 dozen stories about it anyway.

I reckon the sports editor of fox pulls topics out of a hat then gets his fleet of twerps to run with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He released a video of himself on social media believe it or not.

During the first lockdown, at a farm. He was pushing round hay bales off a trailer and there was a comment wwtte of "this is how you train boys". The minimum weight of that much hay is 350kg (that's right, nearly as big as Jonathan) in the smallest bales. They get bigger.

I dunno if it's as bad for your back as reaching into the water and handballing tuna into the boat but I'm definitely wondering if it contributed.

It'll make you pretty bloody tough too, with the all the kicks you'd cop from the little prick. Every day, every time you tried to lift the poor thing. You wouldn't notice if Charlie Dixon belted you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back