Opinion 10 most over rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair to Leon, I thought his 09 was nearly his best ever. Watching every match of the Pies that year he clearly stood out. Not sure where your coming from or just a bandwagon jumper??

To be fair, your black and white goggles are blinding you from the fact that LeCras and Porps were miles ahead of Davis that year.

Undeserved AA, but irrelevant to the thread.

To be fair, your black and white goggles are blinding you from the fact that LeCras and Porps were miles ahead of Davis that year.

Undeserved AA, but irrelevant to the thread.
Issue is not with those players, but rather a quick assumption that Leon Davis is the worst AA ever? A opposition supporter may see him 1 maybe 2 matches live each year and make an assumption based on public consesnsus?

In no particular order:
Tippett
S. Reid
Chapman (que aggressive cat supporters with outrageous arguments)
Boak
Nic Nat
T. Cloke
Wellingham
J. Brown
Boyd
Petrie

Surely Rioli's #1 after his AA selection.

Mind you, if we're judging based on AA selections, I'd like to nominate Leon Davis, not for his 2011 selection, but in 2009, when he was named in the forward line ahead of the clearly superior LeCras and Porplyzia. That remains the worst AA election ever.
Didn't make Murphy the most over rated player last year after he was the most controversial player selected last year.

Pose the same question over on the Richmond board, we'll give you our answer.

Not sure what you're getting at?
The best player in the league is Ablett and I'm not sure how anyone could even dispute that, but Jobe Watson doesn't belong in this thread. He's a star.

Not sure what you're getting at?
The best player in the league is Ablett and I'm not sure how anyone could even dispute that, but Jobe Watson doesn't belong in this thread. He's a star.
The diehard Richmond supporter in me says Cotchin. Realistically it's still Ablett. I'm not disputing Jobe doesn't deserve his Brownlow either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone seriously think Jobe Watson is even close to the best player in the league?

Weird post..

Who is honestly claiming that he is the best player in the league?

GAJ is pretty clearly numero uno.

In no particular order:
Tippett
S. Reid
Chapman (que aggressive cat supporters with outrageous arguments)
Boak
Nic Nat
T. Cloke
Wellingham
J. Brown
Boyd
Petrie

Agree with a lot of your list, but Chapman cops heaps of flak from all corners on the main board, and sometimes even Geelong supporters. He's barely rated anymore.

And yea, you should expect angry Cats supporters. He's been an absolute champ of our club. We wouldn't have won one of our past 3 flags without him and we wouldn't have our streak against you (which is why I suspect you've put him on your list, as he barely gets any publicity any more).

Anyone dare to put someone from their own club?

My top 10.

1. Matthew Boyd. Racks up A LOT of the ball, and receives more than enough plaudits for it. He tends to do nothing with it though, his disposal can be atrocious.
2. Cyril Rioli. Bruce. Honestly, he does not do much for all the praise he gets. You'd think he was Gary Ablett.
3. Jarrad Waite. Not a bad player at all, but gets rated a hell of a lot for someone who is always injured.
4. Brian Lake. People like to think that he's still at his 2010 AA best, but honestly he's just going backwards. The Doggies flooded like there was no tomorrow, and he was still hopeless.
5. Kurt Tippett. Honestly don't see why he's so in demand. Though his best is rad, he's extremely inconsistent.
6. Hayden Ballantyne. He's pretty good, but everyone likes to make out that he's the next Milne. Maybe with the sniping, but not with his game.
7. Nic Naitanui. He has an amazing spring, but he definitely did not deserve AA selection this year. He's talked up like the second coming.
8. Buddy Franklin. We've all seen what he can do (which is just amazing magician stuff), but he is so overrated it's not funny. Most would have them in their top 5 players atm. He can't kick straight, can't mark in the air and has been on a downhill spiral since 2008. If you can't kick or mark properly as a forward, you're not the best in the game.
9. Steve Johnson. He is an absolute gun in my mind, but he's no 'Albert Einstein of footy' as the commos like to say. Someone deserving of that honour would be in the top 10 players ever, which SJ is not.
10. Tom Rockliff. Like the guy and his best is great, but he was even talked up this year which was clearly his worst. And his disposal = not so hot.

Does anyone seriously think Jobe Watson is even close to the best player in the league?

I think it's more the fact he's not flashy whatsoever...he's like the bigger version of Sam Mitchell but what they do very well is produce a full consistent game of footy that is 2nd to none and a great deal of their good work is overlooked as the goal kicker or free man running into space is highlighted more so than how they actually got possession of the pill in the first place as it was Watson who did the gut running to get to a contest and fire out a pin point handball to a free man running by.

9. Steve Johnson.

facepalm-gif-877.gif

10. Harry O'Brien (finally exposed one on one and any pressure applied, he turns it over)
9. Lance Franklin (just watch his 2012 GF and you'll see what overrated is all about)
8. Boomer Harvey (rarely impacts a game when it's on the line or against quality opposition)
7. Aaron Sandilands (if he was 4 inches shorter, he'd be working at Safeways)
6. Kade Simpson (does well when he has others around but take away one or two and he falls away)
5. Leigh Montagna (avoids the physicality of the game at all costs)
4. Josh Gibson (does he even know how to put up his arms and take a bloody mark?)
3. Brendon Goddard (plays loose, no B&F's, only 2 AA's and he's regarded by some as a champion!)
2. Dale Thomas (heading into his 8th season & appears on commercials, billboards...not even top 50 imo)
1. Domenic Cassisi (one of the biggest spuds I ever seen play and was captain for 4 years? :confused:)

Opinion 10 most over rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back