Traded 11. Jess Hosking

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee, another big lose for the Blues. Loved how the Hosking girls played,with lots of gusto.
Jess,will be missed. Tigers for the flag next season,bookmark it!.

Shame to see Jess go, I thought she showed a bit this year with Sarah gone.

But we do seem to lack disposal polish compared to a few of the other teams, hopefully a strong draft hand will help to address that.

Shame to see Jess go, I thought she showed a bit this year with Sarah gone.

But we do seem to lack disposal polish compared to a few of the other teams, hopefully a strong draft hand will help to address that.

Agree.
I actually thought the loss of Sarah was offset by the addition of O’Dea & Guerin - O’Dea for toughness & versatility and Guerin for run and dare.
Losing Jess for a pick in the 20s is an immediate step back, as is losing Tayla for a pick. But with some smart drafting it could be a chance to revamp the team.
The draft has been kind to us over the past few years with Prespakis, McEvoy, Egan, Hill, etc. Get another 2 or 3 of somewhere near that quality and we’ll be a force again in no time.

Was absolutely stoked for the Hoskings. Both got to player for their childhood club. But unfortunately, with women’s football still in its infancy, lists need to be churned to spread the talent until the development pathways get fully up to speed.

best of luck to Jess for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gutted. I have no idea what the hell we are trying to achieve this year other than unload some of our best players (Tayla excepted, happy to move her on).
It was reported that the club was trying to re-sign Jess for some time and she was non-committal. She advised the club today that she wanted to be traded. Club had to make the best if a bad situation. Pretty poor form if true.

Thank you Jess.

This seems to have come out of nowhere and whilst some will disagree, I'm not overly concerned by this one.

Jess is OK but at 25/26 she's not getting any younger or any better. Pick 23 and 40 heading in the opposite direction doesn't sound like much but it's actually two top 25 picks (14 and 24 I believe) which is a pretty good result I reckon.

Thank you Jess.

This seems to have come out of nowhere and whilst some will disagree, I'm not overly concerned by this one.

Jess is OK but at 25/26 she's not getting any younger or any better. Pick 23 and 40 heading in the opposite direction doesn't sound like much but it's actually two top 25 picks (14 and 24 I believe) which is a pretty good result I reckon.
I'm a bit pissed she did a Grigg.

Just ******* tell us early. Might have had a go at another player, now it's just picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back