Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing to do with the meaningless JLT game but we need to be trying guys like McNiece or Redman in Baguley's role. Whether that's at the start of the year or as the year goes on we'll see.

McGrath is well and truly needed in the midfield. Our midfield sucks. We need to put as much elite talent in there as we can. Long term it will make the job of the defenders easier when we have a midfield that works both ways and competes a lot harder than they do right now.

Just doesn't match up well enough on most small forwards especially now that he's lost a yard or two of pace.

I wouldn't mind leaving McGrath back for another season as at his cutrent size he's not going to help too much on the inside and I think we're well covered for outside runners.

Nothing to do with the meaningless JLT game but we need to be trying guys like McNiece or Redman in Baguley's role. Whether that's at the start of the year or as the year goes on we'll see.

McGrath is well and truly needed in the midfield. Our midfield sucks. We need to put as much elite talent in there as we can. Long term it will make the job of the defenders easier when we have a midfield that works both ways and competes a lot harder than they do right now.

Agree with this. I read on the previous page that back pockets who can run and who have skill are rare. It's true but it also highlights the propensity to waste available talent.

McNeice is a natural back pocket. Redman is now being trained as a defender. Jake Long has the raw tools to be trialed as a small defender.

Instead we persist with a small defender who can't stop small forwards. What is it we get from Baguley that is so good that we should not be looking at other options in a pre-season game. I've never been able to work it out.

Dea may get games this year ahead of Bags. But long term Mcneice, Redman and Long are all good options.

Redman is a guy that I see as replacing Gleeson when he breaks in half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez - cant get a game with McNeice, Gleeson, Ambrose & Francis all out/injured....Dea gets a run before him...Is this the end for Bags? Hope not :(
Think Dea was there because they were assuming Lynch would play. Dea is more a Gleeson replacement, and they're rolling the dice on Saad/McKenna being able to keep Betts relatively quiet.

Even though he is names as emergency heard he is carrying a niggle. Against betts and co doubt you would risk having him not 100 per cent!

Should be given a farewell game and then spend the year working with the young guys in the VFL. Time to move on from some of these guys who aren't necessarily list cloggers but also won't help you win finals.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back