Remove this Banner Ad

12 - cutler.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Last Game Played: Round 13, 2022 (omit)
Injury Status: Should be available to play this weekend - 20/7
Quad strain, "standard" injury, will miss about 4 weeks - 29/6

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 16, ghostdog

Last edited:
fu** yeah. I can’t explain it but it pleased me.
I mean he could have the clearly defined role, in fact I'm sure he does, but without the guys above him executing it's a moot role. He's literally one of those players where if everything is going great he's one of those bottom 6 players but if it's not he's the first guy in the gun as the 'source of the problem'.

I mean he could have the clearly defined role, in fact I'm sure he does, but without the guys above him executing it's a moot role. He's literally one of those players where if everything is going great he's one of those bottom 6 players but if it's not he's the first guy in the gun as the 'source of the problem'.
Sorry, I am busy googling quiche recipes. None of them require sauce.

Can't help thinking it's that whole bottom 6 player thing.

It is but I think a lot of people tend to look at a guy with his rig, running power and ability to kick missiles and get frustrated to the point of bemusement that Cutler can be as insipid as he sometimes is.

Since he has come back into the side this last time, he has looked nothing short of an AFL quality player. Maybe he's not better than bottom 6 but he has a stack of weapons for a guy in that range, which is exactly what any side wants, and can play at least 2 roles to AFL standard (being wing and half back).

I'm not sure what more we could ask of him if this is what he's now become as a player.

Last edited:
It is but I think a lot of people tend to look at a guy with his rig, running power and ability to kick missiles and get frustrated to the point of bemusement that Cutler can be as insipid as he sometimes is.

Since he has come back into the side this last time, he has looked nothing short of an AFL quality player. Maybe he's not better than bottom 6 but he has a stack of weapons for a guy in that range, which is exactly what any side wants, and can play at least 2 roles to AFL standard (being wing and half back).

I'm not sure what more we could ask of him if this is what he's now become as a player.

you mentioned everything except his jawline. Another weapon in his arsenal.

Don’t know how. The biggest player transformation I can remember seeing. Mostly players just improve. Feels like Cutler has overcome the football equivalent of a stammer. Suddenly he’s free and coordinated with teammates and the flow of the game. Good on him and good on the coaching staff. I woulda sent him to the minor leagues a long time ago. Very impressive today.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing in the backline how's he been going with defending?

He's always been able to run and kick. I feel like the only thing that's changed over the past 8 weeks is confidence

Cutler and Bonar were up for grabs at the same time, I was hoping we go for Bonar because he was a high pick and looked a big bodied mid. Well thank the lord, we got Cutler. If you are big and can run you are 90% of the way onto a AFL list these days

There’s turnarounds and then there is what this guy has done.

A month ago he was gone for all money. Now he’s probably safe as houses to get a new contract.

Going to another level has cooincided with Durham coming in and him playing far less on the wing.

Looks a million bucks in that role running with the footy. Ostrich egg

His first game I was a bit intrigued as Luke Hodge pre-game gave a bit of insight into his ability.

He mentioned that he had been very starved for for chance at senior level and had a huge raking right foot that they never really got to utilise mainly because of personnel (Daniel Rich being one which is kind of understandable)

Well done to him and also Rutten for identifying his attributes and creating a pathway for us to realise his potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back