Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What chance of him re-doing the hammy if he's 90% fit? Would it be worth the risk of being one man down half way through the game and then definately no Raz in the Semi if we somehow pulled off the miracle and won?

What chance of him re-doing the hammy if he's 90% fit? Would it be worth the risk of being one man down half way through the game and then definately no Raz in the Semi if we somehow pulled off the miracle and won?
We've been conservative all year, although apparently not conservative enough with Ambrose. I doubt we'd risk it, unless there was pressure from the top down to let him play.

We've been conservative all year, although apparently not conservative enough with Ambrose. I doubt we'd risk it, unless there was pressure from the top down to let him play.

Yeah i can't see him getting a run next week. The week after though? fingers crossed.

In my experience the thing with hammys is that they're traitorous bastards. Just when you think you've done all the reconditioning, pain free and are ready to go again you'll be half way through a game and BANG. It's gone again. Doesn't take much but have to be very cautious with them.

Yeah i can't see him getting a run next week. The week after though? fingers crossed.

In my experience the thing with hammys is that they're traitorous bastards. Just when you think you've done all the reconditioning, pain free and are ready to go again you'll be half way through a game and BANG. It's gone again. Doesn't take much but have to be very cautious with them.
They said 5 or 6 weeks initially. Usually that's about the mark for returning to game time in the VFL, and 5 weeks would be next week.

I don't know if we could afford to put him in the AFL side on limited minutes or limited kilometres or something.

The funny part about it is that bloody sub vest that was the bane of his existence would now probably get him in the side for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They said 5 or 6 weeks initially. Usually that's about the mark for returning to game time in the VFL, and 5 weeks would be next week.

I don't know if we could afford to put him in the AFL side on limited minutes or limited kilometres or something.

The funny part about it is that bloody sub vest that was the bane of his existence would now probably get him in the side for finals.
He is on track and will play.
Edit: assuming no setbacks

Rob Kerr on SEN seemed very confident that if he gets through the week and gets to full speed running by Friday, that he will play.

The reality is not even Raz himself will know where he is at until Wed when he runs at beyond 80%..

The reality is not even Raz himself will know where he is at until Wed when he runs at beyond 80%..
I agree. He seems to have done everything possible to get there though.

Did the same sort of running as last time we played Sydney last weekend, and he's nearly at 5 weeks now. He'll be five weeks exactly on Saturday actually, Carlton game was on a Saturday too.

Fantasia injured his hamstring against Carlton in round 20.

The forward, who has booted 38 goals this season, is set to train with the main group on Wednesday.

“He’s coming up to five weeks post injury,” High Performance Manager Justin Crow said.

“We know what sort of running he did last time we played Sydney and he did the equivalent last weekend.

“We’re going to look for him to get right up to his top speed and train really well tomorrow and then we’ll be really optimistic that he’ll be in the mix to play.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-09-05/injury-update-september-5

Back