Past #13: Ryan Clarke - officially traded to Sydney in exchange for #61 in 2018 ND - thanks Clarkey

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished the season off at the top of his game.

Knows he belongs at the level now and another preseason should have him primed to become a regular contributor to the engine room next year.

Has set a great example for our other young developing mids.

Averaging 25.5 touches a game since coming back into the side in round 18.

Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Total Handballs
Ranked 5th among rising stars in Total Disposals
Ranked 4th among rising stars in Total Uncontested Possessions
Ranked 7th among rising stars in Total Effective Disposals
Ranked 10th among rising stars in Total Clearances
Ranked 7th among rising stars in Total Centre Clearances
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Handballs Per Game
Ranked 5th among rising stars in Disposals Per Game
Ranked 5th among rising stars in Uncontested Possessions Per Game
Ranked 6th among rising stars in Effective Disposals Per Game
Ranked 8th among rising stars in Centre Clearances Per Game
Ranked 9th among rising stars in Metres Gained Per Game

No Rising Star Nomination.

Averaging 25.5 touches a game since coming back into the side in round 18.

Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Total Handballs
Ranked 5th among rising stars in Total Disposals
Ranked 4th among rising stars in Total Uncontested Possessions
Ranked 7th among rising stars in Total Effective Disposals
Ranked 10th among rising stars in Total Clearances
Ranked 7th among rising stars in Total Centre Clearances
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Handballs Per Game
Ranked 5th among rising stars in Disposals Per Game
Ranked 5th among rising stars in Uncontested Possessions Per Game
Ranked 6th among rising stars in Effective Disposals Per Game
Ranked 8th among rising stars in Centre Clearances Per Game
Ranked 9th among rising stars in Metres Gained Per Game

No Rising Star Nomination.
Pretty bullshit! Also really not great for the club externally to get no RS noms in a bottom four year.

I don't whinge as much as most about the whole woe is us poor North Melbourne the media hates us etc. but the Rising Star nominations year after year confuse the hell out of me.

Who decides it each week? One person or a panel? How do they chose it?

Has been some baffling decisions this season. Freo have been ripped off a couple of times aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then Clarke is still better. What's your point?

Didn't see Clarke play and I'm not saying its fair but Hayward wont win the rising star anyway. Very good young player who will become great but with allot of competition Hayward wont win. IMO its really a nothing title anyway.

Clarke will likely be the favourite to win next season. Impressive numbers but only 6 games couldn't win this year and if nominated this year he may not have qualified next season, but I don't know the rules. If it matters to you know Clarke will be a better chance to win next year anyway.

Just checked he may not qualify. oops

Didn't see Clarke play and I'm not saying its fair but Hayward wont win the rising star anyway. Very good young player who will become great but with allot of competition Hayward wont win. IMO its really a nothing title anyway.

Clarke will likely be the favourite to win next season. Impressive numbers but only 6 games couldn't win this year and if nominated this year he may not have qualified next season, but I don't know the rules. If it matters to you know Clarke will be a better chance to win next year anyway.
No longer eligible next year. Once you play 10 games or more, you are no longer eligible.

I'm loathe to cross the floor, but I agree with the view that RS nominations are a culmination of a number of weeks' good form, and Hayward has had a good debut season.

Clarke didn't get going until late in the season and was probably a game short of getting nominated. But it's meh anyway, as neither of them would be in the top 5.

Stuff the RS award, our kid has massive upside.

Once he cleans the occasional ordinary disposal up he will be a dead set gun.

Those posters bbqing Clarkey during the year will eat their words in the years ahead.

Stuff the RS award, our kid has massive upside.

Once he cleans the occasional ordinary disposal up he will be a dead set gun.

Those posters bbqing Clarkey during the year will eat their words in the years ahead.
Yep.

As bright a talent as we've had in a long time imo. I know he doesn't have the tricks of Garner or Simpkin, but you just can't teach his ability to know where to be and when to get there, his feel for the game or his knowledge of patterns of play.

Mentally and game logic wise (if that makes sense) Clarkey is already a jet. He just needs to work on a few of the more obvious, tangible skills and he will be a top 5 player for us.

I'm loathe to cross the floor, but I agree with the view that RS nominations are a culmination of a number of weeks' good form, and Hayward has had a good debut season.

Clarke didn't get going until late in the season and was probably a game short of getting nominated. But it's meh anyway, as neither of them would be in the top 5.
No it's because he is Longmires favourite player . The AFL can get ****ed . Just because he had a good last five games people say it's too late. What about those Carlton spuds nominated how many dropped off from when they were chosen .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back