AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Kelly gets another rest in about 3-4 weeks I'd like to see them consider Ridley for a debut (if he keeps on the way he's been going the past few weeks).

While I really want to see him play, I think it would be a bit unfair to bring him in for a rested player only to be omitted the following week. If he earns a spot I'd hope that he is given the opportunity to play, say, three games so he gets a good feel for the increased intensity and everyone else gets to see whether he is up to that standard.

Depends on his fitness. He looks immediately capable might just be down the pecking order.
It's probably more from a physical standpoint more than anything. He's missed a lot of footy after all, and obviously wouldn't have been able to spend as much time in the gym as the rest of our young players.

It gives me some hope for a future of a contending Essendon when we still have this bloke, Francis, Laverde, Begley and many other to force their ways into the side.

If there is one position that you can play on the back of a poor preparation it is as an intercept defender.

Doubt that preparation will be an issue. The form of the half back line is a bigger problem at the moment.

It gives me some hope for a future of a contending Essendon when we still have this bloke, Francis, Laverde, Begley and many other to force their ways into the side.
Add Mutch and possibly Clarke if he sorts out his disposal. And ambrose has missed a lot.
Bags - ambrose
Kelly - Ridley
Laverde - Goddard
Begley - green
Francis - not sure who he replaces role wise.
Mutch - jobe.
Our depth starts to run out there

Add Mutch and possibly Clarke if he sorts out his disposal. And ambrose has missed a lot.
Bags - ambrose
Kelly - Ridley
Laverde - Goddard
Begley - green
Francis - not sure who he replaces role wise.
Mutch - jobe.
Our depth starts to run out there
A likely top 10 pick this year will help.

A likely top 10 pick this year will help.
I'm tipping 5. We have a few bogey teams coming up. Really only giving us half a chance against the dockers and maybe we repay the favour to the blues.
Depends which suns side turns up on how that game goes, but being on the road doesn't fill me with confidence
Warm day or a hint of rain and we'll struggle
Keen to add Rayner. We need his type.

Ridley is a talent - wouldn't be surprised to see him playing senior football sooner rather than later.

Early days, but my read is that he's the best young talent we have outside our regular 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridley is a talent - wouldn't be surprised to see him playing senior football sooner rather than later.

Early days, but my read is that he's the best young talent we have outside our regular 22.
Outside of Sunday's 22? Yep, wouldn't disagree with that

Keen to add Rayner. We need his type.

WHAT?!

Would have thought a small marking forward/midfielder is something we desperately need to avoid if anything. And that is discounting the likely delisting of Josh Green and the already moved on Yestin Eades. Not counting out recruiting one, but let's not use a much coveted top 10 pick on a small forward cum midfielder. We need a true big inside midfielder.

WHAT?!

Would have thought a small marking forward/midfielder is something we desperately need to avoid if anything. And that is discounting the likely delisting of Josh Green and the already moved on Yestin Eades. Not counting out recruiting one, but let's not use a much coveted top 10 pick on a small forward cum midfielder. We need a true big inside midfielder.
Small? He is 189 dude

Third best ;)

Laverde could be anything
Francis doesn't know what he wants to be
Ridley just knows what he is doing and does it well

Reasonable assumption to make, I was also surprised when Crow said it a couple of months ago. Hopefully we unleash him soon.
Hope so! We're crying out for someone with his composure and skillfulness, especially after we've basically shat ourselves the last two weeks.

Hope so! We're crying out for someone with his composure and skillfulness, especially after we've basically shat ourselves the last two weeks.

And I would argue he's the best match up for Hipwood we've got

Remove this Banner Ad

Back