AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, sorry to intrude but what is Ridley's job security like? Asking due to AFL fantasy. I assume Hurley and to a lesser extend Francis will be in line for his spot at any time? Thanks
Second week debutant. Probably not very secure, but he plays well so he'll get a couple of weeks before being rested.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude but what is Ridley's job security like? Asking due to AFL fantasy. I assume Hurley and to a lesser extend Francis will be in line for his spot at any time? Thanks

I can see him easily staying in until the bye at least, if last week is anything to go by.

I can see him easily staying in until the bye at least, if last week is anything to go by.
I just watched the highlights package above, seems to be playing the Hurley role pretty closely? Only reason I'm hesitant on him is the suprise axing of Guelfi after a few games, plus Woosha has shown he will swing the axe after a poor game (Mutch, Clarke). Riddles seemed very good on debut though, thanks guys.

He will have to play bloody well to keep his spot longer than 3-4 weeks. His debut was fantastic but its a big ask to see him putting in those kind of numbers week in week out. Hurley will return in a week and that will knock either Dea or Ridley out, Francis may be an option in a few weeks and Gleeson may return not too long after the bye.

Overall he's going to need a few players to be unavailable or else play really well to hold his spot in the side but we'll know more after game 2. Wouldn't be trading him in at this week that's for sure.

''Twas glorious. Gif pls
Will tonight if not done already.

I didn't get to watch the game close but what I like about him and Guelfi is that they don't take a backwards step, there was one time in the 3rd I think, where Ridley got into his opponent after they'd disposed of the ball, they bring some attitude the young fellas! I'll see if I can find it tonight.

So, an inflamed Baker’s cyst...

Young defender Jordan Ridley was sent for precautionary scans on Tuesday and initial results are positive ahead of Essendon’s clash with Brisbane on Sunday.

“Jordan had some knee pain after the game and it wasn’t really clear on testing what was going on, so we scanned it to check it out,” Crow said.

“What he’s got is an inflamed Baker’s cyst in the back of his knee. These are usually not something that would keep someone out of a match.

“We’re expecting that to settle so he can train on Thursday, but obviously if he’s still sore at the end of the week he could potentially miss one (match).”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-06-05/skins-injury-update-rd-11

Time to bust out the Condies Crystals (actual treatment advice given to me by a doctor when it was discovered I have one of these)!

They generally settle down pretty fast, but can flare up often so it will have to be ongoing management thing for the rest of the season. Apparently it isa very minor procedure to remove them so wouldn't expect it to impact his off-season/pre-season too much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was in Melbourne I'd say he'd be 50/50 playing but since it's in Brisbane I doubt they'd risk flying him up..... As much as my supercoach team needs him :(:(

Not named at either level. So we can upgrade 'may not play this weekend' to 'will not play this weekend'.
Him being listed as "injured" gave away that fact.

The quote they gave was 'may not play' which left room for doubt. I'm assuming you mean listed in the video?
On the AFL website.

Um okay.

I'll be sure to check the AFL ins and outs next time to confirm an injury the club already made mention of in the injury report two days earlier :drunk:

Point is, he is now a confirmed out due to an injury that most players would have played through. Regardless of where you read it that information only became available at 6.25pm tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back