AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the move back to defence was puzzling considering Gleeson had returned
I thought it was the right move, but I hope o see both play in the back third against Preston

His man had 19 disposals and 4 shots on goal (Butler).

Don’t see that as all that bad. Butler is Richmond’s best small forward or Just second to Higgins. It’s not a great match up pace wise for Ridley, even more so in the conditions. Still I don’t remember him losing a one on one and Butler got a lot to ball due to their system constantly forcing the defensive roll over and getting the plus one forward of the ball.

Don’t see that as all that bad. Butler is Richmond’s best small forward or Just second to Higgins. It’s not a great match up pace wise for Ridley, even more so in the conditions. Still I don’t remember him losing a one on one and Butler got a lot to ball due to their system constantly forcing the defensive roll over and getting the plus one forward of the ball.
Just felt he lost Butler a lot, Butler was best on and Ridley was invisible offensively. Honestly felt it was his worst game for the club.

Just felt he lost Butler a lot, Butler was best on and Ridley was invisible offensively. Honestly felt it was his worst game for the club.

Could be right that was his worst but even if it was his worst game for the club that’s not saying much considering how reliable he has been. Not sure he’s had a 6/10 performance before.

Also Chol was best on by a mile.

Could be right that was his worst but even if it was his worst game for the club that’s not saying much considering how reliable he has been. Not sure he’s had a 6/10 performance before.

Also Chol was best on by a mile.
Damn, I managed to wipe that ******* destroying us from memory :(

Damn, I managed to wipe that ******* destroying us from memory :(

Haha I don’t mind Chol, wanted him over Gach that year. If they delist him I’d happily take him, bit like Majak where he has big potential if you give him enough time he’ll find a place. Always thought it would probably be in defence.

Haha I don’t mind Chol, wanted him over Gach that year. If they delist him I’d happily take him, bit like Majak where he has big potential if you give him enough time he’ll find a place. Always thought it would probably be in defence.
Do not rate at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked what they did with him today, rotated him through, the middle, wing and halfback. Didn’t quite come off but looked dangerous pushing forward, kicked 1.2 when all three were gettable by his standard. Need to try some things as we have an abundance of talent in the backline and there isn’t a chance in hell we’ll get the most out of them there.

I’m a huge fan.

The fact that he’s not getting big numbers doesn’t concern me in the slightest, I’m looking for him to improve his work in the contest, if he does that he has a chance to be quite special. For some reason he reminds me of young Shaun Higgins, despite the fact he’s obviously taller and better in the air.

I’m a huge fan.

The fact that he’s not getting big numbers doesn’t concern me in the slightest, I’m looking for him to improve his work in the contest, if he does that he has a chance to be quite special. For some reason he reminds me of young Shaun Higgins, despite the fact he’s obviously taller and better in the air.
He's a great decision maker and user of the ball.
Big numbers are nothing compared to high efficiency. Give me sub 20 possessions with a DE above 80% vs 35+ and below 65%.

Thought he was good but not great.

Seems to be a learning curve by playing him higher up the ground. Looked to play more up on the wing yesterday. I like it. With the back log of medium/tall defenders we have, we should be utilising his skill set into another position.

Seems to be a learning curve by playing him higher up the ground. Looked to play more up on the wing yesterday. I like it. With the back log of medium/tall defenders we have, we should be utilising his skill set into another position.
Absolutely, which is why I understand why he's playing VFL. For me he can be a tall winger ala Embley.

Absolutely, which is why I understand why he's playing VFL. For me he can be a tall winger ala Embley.
I can see some similarities to Mitch Duncan actually. A smooth moving midfielder/wingman who is good enough over head to impact either way. Still a lot to learn it seems but the basis is there.

Would love him to be selected ASAP in the AFL side, but this week is unlikely.

What’s happened to the Riddler? Anyone got news on how he’s travelling in the 2’s?
A lot of positives and praise from his time in the firsts but feels like he’s disappeared since going back. Not a lot of talk about him?
Who does he most likely displace when he gets another shot? Where do we see him playing, is he a back on on the wing?

What’s happened to the Riddler? Anyone got news on how he’s travelling in the 2’s?
A lot of positives and praise from his time in the firsts but feels like he’s disappeared since going back. Not a lot of talk about him?
Who does he most likely displace when he gets another shot? Where do we see him playing, is he a back on on the wing?

He plays the same role as Guelfi and is superior in every way.

We're simply in one of those cycles in which we're "making him earn it" or some other rubbish.

What he should do is get injured. He'll almost certainly find his way back to the side if he loses any semblance of form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back