Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

He plays on the wing mate, so he's always going to be gut running regardless of how poor or well we're going.
Tell that to Polec. :mildly sarcastic stern look:

For me it's similar to Turner's situation in past years, he's both capable of and willing to run hard defensively, so with the glut of blokes we traditionally have who don't do that he ends up expending far too many of his tickets chasing opposition behinds, which ultimately is a positive for the team but blunts his personal offensive ability.

I can't remember the last time dumont was injured but maybe his value would only be really noticed in his absence. I think he's very important to the team right now

Totally agree. Perfect example Gary Cowton when l was growing up. Different players l know but when he wasn't there ( which was rare ) you really noticed it.
. I. Fairley
. C. Jones
Those blokes who play 150+ games and you do a double take when the club announces their milestone game coming up

Totally agree. Perfect example Gary Cowton when l was growing up. Different players l know but when he wasn't there ( which was rare ) you really noticed it.
. I. Fairley
. C. Jones
Those blokes who play 150+ games and you do a double take when the club announces their milestone game coming up
I was reminded of a 65 year old coworker who was made redundant cos they couldn't figure out how she was useful, the workplace fell apart and she was brought back with a pay rise, some people are quietly competent and cover their coworkers short comings and they constantly work hard without making a big deal out of it.

I was reminded of a 65 year old coworker who was made redundant cos they couldn't figure out how she was useful, the workplace fell apart and she was brought back with a pay rise, some people are quietly competent and cover their coworkers short comings and they constantly work hard without making a big deal out of it.

Haha. Would reckon that would happen in an awful lot of workplaces.
Mrs. H. worried about up-coming restrictions maybe in childcare, but she is the longest serving staff member there @7 years. Informed her that the last person the boss would want there 5 days a week would be her.

Haha. Would reckon that would happen in an awful lot of workplaces.
Mrs. H. worried about up-coming restrictions maybe in childcare, but she is the longest serving staff member there @7 years. Informed her that the last person the boss would want there 5 days a week would be her.
Its hard to get recognized when others haven't had to do without that presence

. I. Fairley
. C. Jones

:oops:

Hoju Hoju Hoju.

The same C.Jones who kicked 2 bags of 7 as a 187cm forward target and kicked the comeback sealer against Sydney in Archer's 250th?

Not sure he was a workmanlike performer who just faded into the teamsheet!

But hang on, the fact that she was brought shows the company is visionary by the industrial standard. In many places, even when the places started to fall apart, they won't reverse a decision because it would then signal the one in charge has ****ed up so the leadership would rather let the company fall then the minimize the damage. You can always get some graduate shmucks in for a fraction of the pay with the same job description and on performance contract.

But hang on, the fact that she was brought shows the company is visionary by the industrial standard. In many places, even when the places started to fall apart, they won't reverse a decision because it would then signal the one in charge has f’ed up so the leadership would rather let the company fall then the minimize the damage. You can always get some graduate shmucks in for a fraction of the pay with the same job description and on performance contract.
Uhhhhh what

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thread this one...

Not sure a bloke averaging 21 disposals and 4.5 tackles a game since the restart is on the chopping block in this team lol

Pretty much the only bloke in the team that works hard defensively - consistently. In fact, add LMac to that statement, been a revelation this season

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another workman like game from Froggy. 16 touches, 8 tackles (most in the team) and 10 contested possessions (equal second for us).
Runs up and down all day. Loved the way he is not afraid to put his body on the line infront of Hawkins. He's a true shinboner. Never gives up.

His disposal let him down. Others have pointed it out, but it hasn't been great this year. Possibly the first step backward I've seen his career take thus far.

Can any of the resident footy brains provide any data on Trent's "offensive" factors?

RobZombie? Rick18? Any others?

What are Trent's numbers like when it comes to going forward of centre/inside 50's and ultimate conversion to M50's, SI's, GA's and goals?

What are his MG's and DE%'s by foot?

My strong hunch is that his "offensive kicking" is the glaring shortfall in his output, which is otherwise very good.

Footywire.com informs me that he's ranked equal 25th for competition inside 50's, but equal 197th for score involvements.

IMO, his future lies as a hard tagger in the midfield rotations. We'll need to get him off the wing.

:oops:

Hoju Hoju Hoju.

The same C.Jones who kicked 2 bags of 7 as a 187cm forward target and kicked the comeback sealer against Sydney in Archer's 250th?

Not sure he was a workmanlike performer who just faded into the teamsheet!
Jeepers we have 1 or 2 that could learn from this bloke. Hard as a cats head too.

Can any of the resident footy brains provide any data on Trent's "offensive" factors?

What are Trent's numbers like when it comes to going forward of centre/inside 50's and ultimate conversion to M50's, SI's, GA's and goals?

My strong hunch is that his "offensive kicking" is the glaring shortfall in his output, which is otherwise very good.

Footywire.com informs me that he's ranked equal 25th for competition inside 50's, but equal 197th for score involvements.

IMO, his future lies as a hard tagger in the midfield rotations. We'll need to get him off the wing.
I50s to score assists would probably be a better gauge than score involvements. Even better would be %age of I50s with retained possession. But we don’t have either of those numbers. We do have goal assists, where he’s equal 68th but they’re low enough numbers that just one or two more or less can change the rankings quite a bit.

Score involvements obviously depend a lot on team performance and we’re not a high scoring team (actually 10th in points for, but ... that one big score vs Adelaide).

His DE% at 72 is a little low for an elite winger but good for a balanced in/out mid. And he plays a lot more contested than most wingers.

I dunno, we’ve got a winger who doesn’t tackle and everyone hates him, we’ve got one who does and everyone hates him too. I do know if we’d paid what st Kilda did for Hill and he produced the same stats as he is over there, it would be an endless chorus of bagging him for prancing around the outside cherry picking others' hard work. Bugger all rebound 50s, 1 tackle a game, spending the whole day running forward of the ball, Arjen would absolutely ******* hate him.

My strong hunch is that his "offensive ." is the glaring shortfall in his output, which is otherwise very good.

I agree. He is not a wing "person". :stern look

Hard Tagger you say? Hmmm when he has played in that role in the past he wasn't overly impressive. If it was up to me Luke McDonald should be given this gig.

As an inside mid he doesn't strike me as being overly clean in delivering the ball to the outside. I believe he has a bit of the Jack Ziebell's and does hack the ball forward too much for my liking. Guys on the inside need to be able to dish that ball to the outside cleanly like Ben 10.

Dumont's major strength is his fitness. He can run all day but he aint quick and his disposal is O.K. without being elite. He does have a defensive side which is great but the point you allude to about his offensive side is spot on. :stern look

I agree. He is not a wing "person". :stern look

Hard Tagger you say? Hmmm when he has played in that role in the past he wasn't overly impressive. If it was up to me Luke McDonald should be given this gig.

As an inside mid he doesn't strike me as being overly clean in delivering the ball to the outside. I believe he has a bit of the Jack Ziebell's and does hack the ball forward too much for my liking. Guys on the inside need to be able to dish that ball to the outside cleanly like Ben 10.

Dumont's major strength is his fitness. He can run all day but he aint quick and his disposal is O.K. without being elite. He does have a defensive side which is great but the point you allude to about his offensive side is spot on. :stern look

Unfortunately for Trent lately, his worst disposal efficiency has surfaced just when he seems to be flying. Against Geelong, he moved out of the centre square beautifully on a couple of occasions and proceeded to shank his i50 kick. It’s all the more galling when you remember back to his first couple of disposals in the AFL - coincidentally, against Geelong in GMHBA in a memorable win!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another of those players that ticks the boxes but seemingly not going to add any real value to the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back