Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy runs hard defensively to occupy space or corrale players, but it is definitely hard to watch him being burned off multiple times a game when he is in vicinity to tackle.

Given his disposal, as I said in the Anderson thread, I think it's time to keep only one of him or Anderson in the middle and make a tough call on the other. We can't carry both.

A very vanilla footballer.
Never in our best. Never our worst.
sloppy by foot. Average leg speed. He is North Melbourne.
Whats he worth in a trade with the Crows? I'm sure I'll have my head bitten off here, and yes I acknowledge his defensive work is exceptional, but you'd like to think we are exploring every possibility this offseason, and the crows are even more ****ed than we are.

Whats he worth in a trade with the Crows? I'm sure I'll have my head bitten off here, and yes I acknowledge his defensive work is exceptional, but you'd like to think we are exploring every possibility this offseason, and the crows are even more f’ed than we are.

I might've bitten your head off early in the season, but I'm with you now.

He's a commodity that has perhaps more value on the market than with NMFC going forward. Sell (relatively) high.

Whats he worth in a trade with the Crows? I'm sure I'll have my head bitten off here, and yes I acknowledge his defensive work is exceptional, but you'd like to think we are exploring every possibility this offseason, and the crows are even more f’ed than we are.
A swap of first round picks, if we manage to make crouch a first round compo?

I might've bitten your head off early in the season, but I'm with you now.

He's a commodity that has perhaps more value on the market than with NMFC going forward. Sell (relatively) high.

Yeah I love froggy And what he brings to the team but he isn’t quick and the other plodders won’t get us anything in a trade.
Would trade for a second rounder or player

I love froggy. His disposal has let him down this year, which has personally been an increasing frustration, but i love what he brings in general and over the last few years. He usually makes up for a lot of other blokes shortcomings, and every team needs role players like that. There's a Froggy or two in every premiership team I reckon: seemingly pretty average but does everything possible to bring the best out of themselves for the team's benefit.

This year the pointy end of the draft is still all but guaranteed quality. Second round very much less so. I wouldn't be trading him for something so speculative. Obviously my personal belief is that we shouldn't be offloading him unless the deal is an utter nobrainer weighted in our favour, but this year is especially risky in the draft outside of the about the top 10.

I love froggy. His disposal has let him down this year, which has personally been an increasing frustration, but i love what he brings in general and over the last few years. He usually makes up for a lot of other blokes shortcomings, and every team needs role players like that. There's a Froggy or two in every premiership team I reckon: seemingly pretty average but does everything possible to bring the best out of themselves for the team's benefit.

This year the pointy end of the draft is still all but guaranteed quality. Second round very much less so. I wouldn't be trading him for something so speculative. Obviously my personal belief is that we shouldn't be offloading him unless the deal is an utter nobrainer weighted in our favour, but this year is especially risky in the draft outside of the about the top 10.
If we're being honest, there's probably five in most premiership sides. Guys who are fairly nondescript but do their job week-in, week-out. We lose our s**t for the X-factor players but really, it's the Dumonts of the world who allow the stars to be stars.

Totally agree the last couple of drafts the 2nd rounders have not really set the world on fire 2019 no one 2018 no one 2017 Kelly obviously stands out. So like you would not be trading for a second rounder. I think 2nd round picks sound better than they are in resent times anyway. That is my 2 bobs worth anyway. I am sure there will be plenty that disagree.

Would you swap pick 10 and a mid-age super honest but limited player for pick 2?
What I’m proposing is draft tampering, were currently sitting 16 on the ladder, so we buy Crouch at a high price, so the crows get pick 1 & 2 and then swapping Dumont or another honest but mid tier player, Durdin? and pick 4 for pick 1 or 2..

What I’m proposing is draft tampering, were currently sitting 16 on the ladder, so we buy Crouch at a high price, so the crows get pick 1 & 2 and then swapping Dumont or another honest but mid tier player, Durdin? and pick 4 for pick 1 or 2..
Crouch? Another Slow Inside Mid? :stern look

His 20m passes particularly messy this year.

But he runs hard both ways, gives his all every week, is versatile so I want to keep him.

We have enough others to delist or consider trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need him out of the middle for starters.

I agree but we are not exactly full of midfield options mate.

Dumont is not the answer going forward but with our injuries he's shouldering more than he's capable of.

At least he runs hard both ways and gives his all.

His whole game Sunday was overshadowed by that handball straight to an opposition player that broke our backs.
Need him out of the middle for starters.
Agree about centre square attendance, i wouldn't mind Zurhaar in there once or twice a quarter, or LMac as a ball winning mid not a tagger.

If we're being honest, there's probably five in most premiership sides. Guys who are fairly nondescript but do their job week-in, week-out. We lose our sh*t for the X-factor players but really, it's the Dumonts of the world who allow the stars to be stars.

This x 1000.

Short-sighted fans will complain about Dumont but he's worth a crapload more to our team than what any team will offer. Honest footballer that you can lock in and know he's going to do his bit. He's not going to fill up the highlights real but he's also not going to have any stinkers.

I hope he ends his career with us as a one-club player with a premiership medal around his neck.

This x 1000.

Short-sighted fans will complain about Dumont but he's worth a crapload more to our team than what any team will offer. Honest footballer that you can lock in and know he's going to do his bit. He's not going to fill up the highlights real but he's also not going to have any stinkers.

I hope he ends his career with us as a one-club player with a premiership medal around his neck.
Yep he could be our equivalent to Jack Redden in a premiership side. During the game we see him do some nice link up work and in your mind he’s had around 18 touches but at the end of the game the stats sheet says 28, along with 5 rebound 50s and 5 tackles..

Every premiership side has them.

This x 1000.

At least he is both robust and consistent.

Yep he could be our equivalent to Jack Redden in a premiership side. During the game we see him do some nice link up work and in your mind he’s had around 18 touches but at the end of the game the stats sheet says 28, along with 5 rebound 50s and 5 tackles..

Every premiership side has them.

Devil's advocate here - 3 or 4 of Jack Redden's 28 would have gone to Josh Kennedy or Jack Darling, or at least to their advantage, and a dozen of the handballs would have released a running Shuey, Gaff, Sheed, etc. Frog doesn't provide clean next use very often.

Devil's advocate here - 3 or 4 of Jack Redden's 28 would have gone to Josh Kennedy or Jack Darling, or at least to their advantage, and a dozen of the handballs would have released a running Shuey, Gaff, Sheed, etc. Frog doesn't provide clean next use very often.

This.

Is rather adept at making it someone else’s problem or flat out giving it to the opposition under no pressure.

He is more Andrew McQualter than Jack Redden. Hopefully for us, he is our Matty Armstrong for #5 whenever that may be.

Dont get me wrong if Adelaide (or someone else) gave us an offer too good to refuse, well you know the rest..

Forget about the wing, he is now officially in the centre square rotations.

He & Jed combined for more centre clearances than the ENTIRE Brisbane midfield.

1597475386256.png

1597475424371.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back