Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

I read this bio and it made me think of Jack with a touch more on the outside perhaps. Not saying he is like him but reading that makes me interested to see what he can do.

Hard, tough and with a little bit of dash, Dumont could step easily into the AFL system having starred in Norwood's recent SANFL premiership, collecting 20 disposals in a close to best on ground performance. Dumont has a damaging right foot and his experience against mature bodies in the SANFL will hold him in good stead. He is expected to be selected inside the top 20. Part of the supreme South Australian midfield group, Dumont averaged 17.2 disposals in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

Also made me think that we took him because he played a big role in a big game.

Reminds me a lot of Reece Conca. Thing is we didn't have to spend pick 6 on him.

Will play AFL footy next year.

Conca's got wheels in close that Trent doesn't.

He's kind of hard to compare a player too, possibly how Sam Mitchell played this year, alot off half back and through the center. Sam's got elite skills, Trent's more of a Ziebell kick, can hit them lace out, can shank them, but can also bomb goals from 60.

Would he be a good sub? After reading this thread appears pretty damaging and can play anywhere?

Sounds like a solid citizen and a hard nut.

Also made me think that we took him because he played a big role in a big game.

Sir Brewis said that our selection tactic was just best available at our pick, too hard to plan when there was so many picks ahead of ours.

Was surprised we took another mid and not a tall defensive prospect. (Edit: wow this sounded negative, I'm actually ecstatic to have gotten Dumont after having read up on him a bit and checked him out, sounds like a likely type)

Sounds like Trent is a big game player as you mentioned and will be interesting to see if he can work hard enough to crack the team. Spots in the mid are at golden ticket levels of rarity it's going to be difficult.

meet gun prospect Trent Dumont: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-30/22-days-to-the-draft-meet-trent-dumont

Mad Monday player profile: http://madmondayshow.com/2013/07/21/player-profile-trent-dumont/

Supercoach Paige player profile: http://www.scpaige.com.au/draftees-in-focus-trent-dumont/#more-5387

Bound for Glory News player profile: http://boundforglorynews.com/draft-profile-trent-dumont/

" Trent has been most unlucky this year but he will definitely go high in the draft after having a really good senior finals series. A genuinely big inside midfielder who is really good aerobically, just works really really hard. He's got a bit of Dane Swan about him in that he's not particularly pretty but super effective. Like Swan he doesn't look beautiful in his kick but he gets the job done and he's really strong inside. He was close to best a field in the SANFL grand final and I think he could go top 20 because the depth of big inside midfielders at this years draft looks a little thin"

Norwood talent manager David Oatey

Originally a Victorian - moved to Adelaide at 8 years old.
Read his afl.com interview and had visions of moving back to Melbourne eventually sometime in his life.

Another edge.

Hope he plays 200 games for north. Well see, lot of work ahead of him

last time I saw him play he shat me to tears. But thats what happens when you watch an 18 year old kid rip up against your team in a GF. If he has a good preseason he could rip up the NAB cup (or what ever it is next year) and put real pressure on our current mids. He's handled the step up to SANFL easily and will do very well in the VFL. Its going to be supper competitive for the last couple of spots in our first 22.

Couldn't agree anymore KT, he is a beauty. He further deepens our midfield platoon, something I really did not think we would get at pick 30.

Elite endurance, love it. Finally got a bloke that won't have to wait 4 years to get an AFL tank. Could be an option as run-with tagger.

Can he play fwd or back, or is he just a pure mid?

Can play literally anywhere.

As a Norwood / Nth fan im over the moon that we got Trent....and at 30, Bargain,.Watched him all year, he's a gun, Pretty much won the SANFL granny for us by dominating the 1st half then got tagged , Jack Ziebell like.....hes good in close, good ball skills , woohoo.

Was best on when the heat was in the game, had 17 up to half time if I remember then got a god almighty of a corky which slowed him to a halt.

Still polled third in the jack oatey, the sanfl norm smith equiv

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meet gun prospect Trent Dumont: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-30/22-days-to-the-draft-meet-trent-dumont

Mad Monday player profile: http://madmondayshow.com/2013/07/21/player-profile-trent-dumont/

Supercoach Paige player profile: http://www.scpaige.com.au/draftees-in-focus-trent-dumont/#more-5387

Bound for Glory News player profile: http://boundforglorynews.com/draft-profile-trent-dumont/

" Trent has been most unlucky this year but he will definitely go high in the draft after having a really good senior finals series. A genuinely big inside midfielder who is really good aerobically, just works really really hard. He's got a bit of Dane Swan about him in that he's not particularly pretty but super effective. Like Swan he doesn't look beautiful in his kick but he gets the job done and he's really strong inside. He was close to best a field in the SANFL grand final and I think he could go top 20 because the depth of big inside midfielders at this years draft looks a little thin"

Norwood talent manager David Oatey

I love this type of player.

Love that he has a tank. Did someone say 15+?

Love that he has a mature build.

Love that he goes all in.

Love that he has football smarts.

One bio compared him to Sewell and, ...wait for it....Cunnington.

Most phantoms had him top 25, one bloke, who rated Lmac 9, had Dumont in at 10.

Happy with the 'safe' option if that's the way people want to see it.

Love that he has a tank. Did someone say 15+?

Love that he has a mature build.

Love that he goes all in.

Love that he has football smarts.

One bio compared him to Sewell and, ...wait for it....Cunnington.

Most phantoms had him top 25, one bloke, who rated Lmac 9, had Dumont in at 10.

Happy with the 'safe' option if that's the way people want to see it.
So let me get this right, Dumont is a Redden, cunnington, zeibell, conca, swan, Sewell, Mitchell type....

s**t we have just won lotto!
Strikes me as Ziebell meets Bastinac.

As a Norwood / Nth fan im over the moon that we got Trent....and at 30, Bargain,.Watched him all year, he's a gun, Pretty much won the SANFL granny for us by dominating the 1st half then got tagged , Jack Ziebell like.....hes good in close, good ball skills , woohoo.

If you didn't include your "Nth fan" reference I swear you'd be quoting my Norwood supporting in-laws tonight when I asked them for their thoughts. They love the bloke.

Welcome to Arden St Trent! :thumbsu:

Spoke to a mate who lives in Adelaide and he said we've done well to get him at 30.

He mentioned his composure and how he doesn't get flustered under pressure. Says he has good hands and is footy smart. When asked to compare him to an AFL player, he said Sam Mitchell in that he rarely loses his feet and is sure with the ball.

He thinks he will play at least 10 games next year in what he saw in the SANFL.

Here's hoping.

Seems like from what i've read he is slider so in that sense looks like we have done well. Wonder why other clubs went around him though?

Anyway, be interesting to see where he fits in a very busy midfield rotation - not easy to get a spot there. I suspect they already have plans though as getting another mid is an interesting choice.

Good luck to him :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back