Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t mind that he’s soft, don’t luv it, but I’d cope if he gut run himself at loose(checks spelling) balls. He just *ing coasts towards the footy and doesn’t close down space at a rapid rate.
And turning onto his right peg?? Wtf is that??

Offers as much as Farren Ray did

Offered way more than Sleevo who's basically a protected species for half of the NM BF community.

Played an integral link up role in several goals.

Gives us a better structure than any winger we have listed, except Scott.
Prolly correct but a pretty low bar to compare, fwiw i wouldnt care if i saw neither in the ones for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pair of Cats
Stephens isn't a high pressure player, but he got two goals assists, and he provided link up for at least another couple from memory.

And while he'll never be Wardlaw, but he landed a couple tackles effectively.

And besides... he actually did his bit to hold a midfield structure for most of the game, which bugger all of his colleagues are capable of.

And despite running more than basically everyone else, his disposal was actually good.

Reading NM BF on Stephens right now reminds me of the consensus appraisal of Scott before he came third in the Syd Barker that first time.

By contrast, Sleevo did bugger all, again.

Stephens isn't a high pressure player, but he got two goals assists, and he provided link up for at least another couple from memory.

And besides... he actually managed to hold a midfield structure for most of the game, which bugger all of his colleagues are capable of.

And despite running more than basically everyone else, his disposal was actually good.

Reading NM BF on Stephens right now reminds me of the consensus appraisal of Scott before he came third in the Syd Barker that first time.

They’re both cats

Fordy is great but I've never seen him demonstrate the endurance to play on a wing fulltime like Scott or Stephens.

He'd crumple 2 1/2 quarters in, not for lack of trying, but just because he doesn't have a winger's tank.

Structure is more important, and wingers are integral to that.

And besides... he actually did his bit to hold a midfield structure for most of the game, which bugger all of his colleagues are capable of.

cmon he hardlyt had a kick all game and only did something in junk time. He is looking a bust

He was better than his first two games but that was such a low benchmark to begin with.

He's neat by foot and gets to the right spots but I feel like he still doesn't get much of the footy. Needs to use his speed and show what he did at Sydney.

Fordy is great but I've never seen him demonstrate the endurance to be a fulltime wingman like Scott or Stephens.

He'd crumple 2 1/2 quarters in, not for lack of trying, but just because he doesn't have a winger's tank.
Maybe but he’s not a cat
Playing failed scared rejects from other clubs kinda sux yeah?

Kind of agree with this take.

He's partly burned by Northball as we go inboard so often. Our wings helping to stretch that space will go unnoticed a fair bit.

Needs to get closer to goal. That last receiver before launching one in.

I am surprised we haven't used him as that fast release.

I have some seriously low expectations but giving him a 4 year deal and watching him run around and get it 15 times.
He's one sided.
Has an okay peg on him.

That's it.
We arent rising up the ladder any time soon with acquisitions like this. If he plays next week or not, I don't care.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back