15-year-old Maurice Rioli Jnr To Make Senior Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Topic has been done to death , Dusty’s form at the level has endured alot longer than Maurice did . Fast approaching the top 30 Brownlow votes of all time says that
But I've followed Rioli's career when he was younger at South Fremantle. The guy was an absolute gun. The number of times he would grab the ball, baulk several opponents after a centre bounce and then slot a long range goal was freaky. I don't think that they are separated by as much as you think they are......

But I've followed Rioli's career when he was younger at South Fremantle. The guy was an absolute gun. The number of times he would grab the ball, baulk several opponents after a centre bounce and then slot a long range goal was freaky. I don't think that they are separated by as much as you think they are......
Maurice rioli also apparently lived in the shadow of Stephen Michael who was souths ruckman and won wafls version of the brownlow back to back so I can see why he was underrated.

Brownlow for a starter...

Reading that it reminded me of how i feel about Dustin Martin , But i must say that i have seen both Dustin Martin & Maurice Rioli play live and i would personally have Dusty ahead of Maurice in my rankings
Other way around for me.
Dusty's weapon is his don't argue.
Maurice could do exactly the same without the don't argue.
Maurice was a magician.

The start of the wet season.....heat and a sh** load of rain.... I'm doing a bit of teaching at the local school. Principle has offered me an ongoing role here, which I'm seriously considering...:)....
Your a good man TJ.:thumbsu::)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The start of the wet season.....heat and a sh** load of rain.... I'm doing a bit of teaching at the local school. Principle has offered me an ongoing role here, which I'm seriously considering...:)....
Would be good if you could be our NT correspondent up until his draft time if that helps

I idolised Maurice However his time in the sun was short lived compared to what dusty has done to date , that’s what separates their impact on the RFC for me

Maurice rioli also apparently lived in the shadow of Stephen Michael who was souths ruckman and won wafls version of the brownlow back to back so I can see why he was underrated.
That’s the first time I’ve heard Maurice Rioli and underrated ever in the same sentence . Stephen Michael was a gun and it was a pity no vic club succeeded in luring him to the vfl , it was always an ongoing saga. When state of origin was a genuine highlight , Maurice would show just how good he was , prolific every time he played

That’s the first time I’ve heard Maurice Rioli and underrated ever in the same sentence . Stephen Michael was a gun and it was a pity no vic club succeeded in luring him to the vfl , it was always an ongoing saga. When state of origin was a genuine highlight , Maurice would show just how good he was , prolific every time he played
Can't be called a gun if he never came to V and played with/against the best!

I idolised Maurice However his time in the sun was short lived compared to what dusty has done to date , that’s what separates their impact on the RFC for me
We were not talking about impact on the RFC. Just comparing them as footy players. Even then, with regards to impact on the RFC, many would argue few have had such an effect as Maurice. The Maurice Rioli social club, the impetus for the Korin Gamadji institute, the dynasty of Riolis to adorn the tiger jumper like Daniel and possibly Maurice jnr.....

Yeah your right underrated is not the right word cause everyone knows he was a gun. I think it was like cotchin and dusty, cotchins a gun but he plays in the same team as dusty so im not sure about Richmond supporters but the rest of the league doesn't give him as much recognition in comparison to dusty. I could be wrong though because it was before my time but former south freo supporters worshiped Stephen Michael. I remember someone saying benny virgona (willie riolis mothers family) was more talented than either of them as well so he must not have stuck out. Souths midfield of that era must have been awesome.
Also I think Maurice stacks up to dusty, came second in the brownlow one year I think and best on ground three grand finals is ridicoulous.

Yeah your right underrated is not the right word cause everyone knows he was a gun. I think it was like cotchin and dusty, cotchins a gun but he plays in the same team as dusty so im not sure about Richmond supporters but the rest of the league doesn't give him as much recognition in comparison to dusty. I could be wrong though because it was before my time but former south freo supporters worshiped Stephen Michael. I remember someone saying benny virgona (willie riolis mothers family) was more talented than either of them as well so he must not have stuck out. Souths midfield of that era must have been awesome.
Also I think Maurice stacks up to dusty, came second in the brownlow one year I think and best on ground three grand finals is ridicoulous.
Benny Vigona was good but he wasn't in the same class as Maurice.

Not sure how much homework the interviewer did before she met M.J but a few of her questions had me ?????

On a side note.....I'm in the N.T at the moment in a small Island community called Milingimbi (between Darwin & Groote), just a beautiful place. About 1500 people who love their footy, Very fortunate to be able to be here.....
Awesome TJ get into the Barra and mud crab while you’re there, best tucker in the world

Remove this Banner Ad

Back