Past #16: Scott Thompson - to retire end of 2019 season - thanks Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

They should be ok MODS HAVE GONE SOFT AGAIN!!!! When will they break their silence?

Silence broken.

Dirka is now officially the object of Chris de Burgh's desires.

In case you didn't read.
k2jgk.jpg
This deserves more attention.

You do realise it's an infractable offence to impersonate a MOD, Nick ?

It would be if that was my intension, but thats not the case here TOD. I was only replying to our agwa loving friend without stirring him up more on the MODS issue.

I reckon we need a Shame File of those who have been carded for starting dream team type threads on our board.

It could be good salt to run in wounds after we beat their teams.

"HA HA. We flogged your mob by 16 goals AND you got carded for starting a spaz thread on our board!"

(Side note: A mate one went out with a girl who's Dad was on The Shame File)

Re: 37. Scott Thompson

From the Geelong Advertiser

From South Barwon to the big league, Scott Thompson set for play with North Melbourne

Bradley Green

22Mar08

THIS time last year, Scott Thompson was only worrying about against who and where South Barwon was playing its next practice game.

On Monday, the 21-year-old could be running out for his AFL debut with North Melbourne in front of a crowd of 40,000 at the Telstra Dome.

Thompson has been named in the Kangaroos squad for their opening round clash with Essendon.

While their side won't be finalised until tomorrow, Kangaroos football manager Donald McDonald said Thompson was likely to be playing.

"He's been terrific in the pre-season and it's going to be a big challenge for him because he's never played in this environment before and such a big occasion like the opening round," McDonald said yesterday.

"But he's deserved the right to get this opportunity and I'm sure he'll be out there giving it his best shot. He's got very good composure, whether he's playing at South Barwon with Geelong's VFL side or at North Melbourne. He handles himself very well."

Thompson was drafted by the Kangaroos after playing in Geelong's VFL premiership last season and McDonald said they see him filling a role in their backline.

South Barwon coach Dale Amos said it had been an amazing journey for Thompson from playing GFL footy to the big stage of the AFL.

"He's done a remarkable job and it has been a meteoric rise for him," Amos said.

"Scotty has shown that he can handle all these things in his stride. He played great footy for us at the start of the last year and then played really well for the GFL in the interleague game.

"When he got his opportunity at VFL level, he stepped up again and when stakes were at their highest in the grand final, he played his best game of the year."

Thought Scott did well enough today to hold his place for next week. Would like to see him put on a few more kilos which would add a few more heavies on the backline.

Thought Scott did well enough today to hold his place for next week. Would like to see him put on a few more kilos which would add a few more heavies on the backline.

Hold his place? Thought he was very good, showed good composure in some stick situations and seemed to belong

Yes, that frame needs a few kebabs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hold his place?? Scotty is inked in as part of our feared four down there. just nobody realised that they were feared today!

Was thinking the same Deledio, Thommo went pretty well on debut in a backline that got pounded. Was stunned he didn't retain his place, and equally stunned he's not running around this week. Where abouts is he playing this week?

So far there is no explaination of why he has disapeaared and is out of sight. His footy has been good, it's either a disipline thing or injury :confused:

Knowing Thommo, i highly doubt that it would be a discipline thing. He rarely drinks, and told me he only learnt to drink beer as part of Norths initiation game, called Colonel something, and is one of the most dedicated blokes i've met.

There has to be more to it then North are letting on. His preseason was brilliant, and he certainly wasn't disgraced round 1. Who are North aligned to in the VFL these days? Is it Werribee?

North Supporters and footy lovers in general must really feel like mushrooms as no-one knows what the story is with this potential 100 gamer.

Knowing Thommo, i highly doubt that it would be a discipline thing. He rarely drinks, and told me he only learnt to drink beer as part of Norths initiation game, called Colonel something, and is one of the most dedicated blokes i've met.

There has to be more to it then North are letting on. His preseason was brilliant, and he certainly wasn't disgraced round 1. Who are North aligned to in the VFL these days? Is it Werribee?

Half the players are aligned to Werribee and the other half are with North Ballarat.

yeh something odd is going on....persisted with him in my supercoach and never gets a game!!hopefully this is the week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back