Remove this Banner Ad

Stevi_Tigers

TheBrownDog
Mar 2, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
Been looking at stats he’s never been the same player since breaking his foot against the crows in the 17 flag but has still found a way to contribute

Before the broken foot multiple goals in 11 out of 43 games highest amount 4 in a prelim

Since the broken foot multiple goals 8 out of a further 47 games with a highest of 3

31 games out of 90 with one goal

19 games out of 90 with at least 2 goals

40 games out of 90 with no goals kicked

Interesting enough he kicked

38 goals from 43 games before the broken foot

38 goals from 47 after it

YeOldTiger

Club Legend
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Been looking at stats he’s never been the same player since breaking his foot against the crows in the 17 flag but has still found a way to contribute

Before the broken foot multiple goals in 11 out of 43 games highest amount 4 in a prelim

Since the broken foot multiple goals 8 out of a further 47 games with a highest of 3

31 games out of 90 with one goal

19 games out of 90 with at least 2 goals

40 games out of 90 with no goals kicked

Interesting enough he kicked

38 goals from 43 games before the broken foot

38 goals from 47 after it
It must be very hard for a player so reliant on twisting and turning (that amazing act of agility when he actually broke his foot is a prime example) to do so with a foot fracture. My wife broke the fifth metatarsal in her foot in Feb this and had a LOT of sleepless nights in the twelve week rehab. Then, the pain hadn't subsided after three months and they re scanned and found it hadn't healed correctly which is not uncommon. So another long wait and continuing rehab through winter and then finally an operation to insert a screw down the bone and another six weeks rehab. She's finally walking around and sleeping peacefully but she doesn't think it will ever feel the same or give her the mobility she used to have. Feet are so troublesome once you have a problem with them.

The fact that they've stuck with Daniel (despite dropping him a few times to gain some form) will hopefully reap a reward in finals as he looks to be getting back to his old self. Fingers crossed his curve keeps heading upwards because our small forwards have been all over the shop this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stevi_Tigers

TheBrownDog
Mar 2, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
It must be very hard for a player so reliant on twisting and turning (that amazing act of agility when he actually broke his foot is a prime example) to do so with a foot fracture. My wife broke the fifth metatarsal in her foot in Feb this and had a LOT of sleepless nights in the twelve week rehab. Then, the pain hadn't subsided after three months and they re scanned and found it hadn't healed correctly which is not uncommon. So another long wait and continuing rehab through winter and then finally an operation to insert a screw down the bone and another six weeks rehab. She's finally walking around and sleeping peacefully but she doesn't think it will ever feel the same or give her the mobility she used to have. Feet are so troublesome once you have a problem with them.

The fact that they've stuck with Daniel (despite dropping him a few times to gain some form) will hopefully reap a reward in finals as he looks to be getting back to his old self. Fingers crossed his curve keeps heading upwards because our small forwards have been all over the shop this year.
Footy aside all the best to you and your wife on her recovery and hopefully it goes back to normal or as normal as possible

tora tora tora

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
hes only been getting a game because Prestia n Edwards have been unavailable these past 13 games ,those 2 come in and on form he doesnt push past
McIntosh,Baker or Aarts,theres no position for him now imo due to the roaring success thats is Bolton as a midfielder,nobody in theyre wildest dreams would of pre empted that,with Graham slowly building to career best form again and Bolton on the charge theres no spot on team balance as Astbury and or Broad will
return so Balta can be used as a Utility,anyway thats the way i see it,it dont matter much what i think,all those players ive mentioned defensive skills are far
superior than Picketts
Aarts will be squeezed out IMO. Caddy and Chol are slight concerns. I have Edwards, Markov and Chol all up forward this week. I've been impressed with the form of Aarts, Dan and George lately. But I feel Aarts will be first out.
I'd like a look at Chol as replacement for Lynch. See if he responds to being on the ground the whole game.

Top Bottom