Strategy Tasmanian team tipped to enter in 2027 and how that effects Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

No. I paid all the money for his cancer treatments. Drained my savings to get him the medicine along with everything else i did; then he ended up joining Plenty of Fish and started chatting to other women behind my back. Got caught out because he asked me to pass him his phone and as I did the plenty of Fish notifications came up on the screen.
Wow that’s ****ed, good riddance then

Let’s just call a spade a spade. Richo please breed is an obnoxious know-it-all who actually has a lot to learn

screenshot-screengrab.gif

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I have no issue with woke, sooks finding me obnoxious. No interest in learning SFA from someone like you... What's the matter? Mummy not hug you enough? Or Daddy hugged you too much?

Geelong's got surf sure...so has Tassy.. for those with cojones

As a surfer, and being from the Surf Coast, I can confidently say that there is no surf in Corio bay. Every ******* campaigner from Geelong thinks that Torquay is part of Geelong. It is not.

Geelong is ******* s**t (and I was born there). There's a reason why Geelong actively trades for kids from the Falcons, because they are the only ones who don't want to leave.

I personally think Tassie will be fine. They can retain their home grown players. And the Tasmanians will be happy the Vics stop raiding all their best players lol.

Not all players that move to Melbourne stay, there is a go home factor for a fair few players and Tassie born players won't be immune to that.

Can we fold a team though so we can keep 18 though?

My theory is that North will be made to relocate... to GWS.

The Tassie heirarchy have made it clear they don't want a relocated team. And the AFL still want to steal hearts and minds af all the immigrant kids in the outer suburbs of Sydney (too bad that Indians won't let their kids play contact sports, and the rest of them are soccer fanatics).

North get shunted to GWS, guernsey changed to the two blues, and the pick of the good players. Premiership incoming just like the Bears.

Tassie has footy heritage and good luck to them. But they will be s**t as soon as the concessions run dry.

Was told on the weekend that a few weeks ago a few clubs were contacted to ask if they had any interest in relocating to Tassie.

I was told who two of them are. The others were left to speculation. You can pretty much assume who the one of the two are. The second one was a little surprising.

Was told on the weekend that a few weeks ago a few clubs were contacted to ask if they had any interest in relocating to Tassie.

I was told who two of them are. The others were left to speculation. You can pretty much assume who the one of the two are. The second one was a little surprising.
Would have to be a Victorian Club then...
Norff is the assumed favourite...
That leaves Footscary!

This isn't true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Tasmania is all but set to claim a spot in the AFL, with all signs pointing to adding a 19th team to the competition by 2027.

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and the Federal Government are set to announce the funding to help build the stadium that will be at Macquarie Point, which appears to be the final hurdle in front of the bid.

The AFL commission and 18-club presidents will formalise the deal soon."

-In 2009 we finished second last and our first pick was pick 6 (Reece Conca)
-2010 we finished second last again and our first pick was pick 15 (Brandon Ellis)
They were compromised drafts because the expansion teams came in. Any other year we would've got pick 2 twice and probably would have gotten pick 4? also, for being back-to-back losers.

Future drafts:
2023- No 1st Rounder
2024- Whatever we get
2025- Tassie will probably get early access to 17 year olds
2026- Compromised draft as Tassie get the Lion's share of early draft picks.

We don't start nailing our 1st rounders in 2024/ 2025 we could be in the wilderness as a mediocre team for a long time. Dow is in his 4th year and uncontracted, with 15 players ineligible on top of playing like crap at the bottom of the ladder, if he can't force his way into the team NOW, it's not looking good for him, especially when our list is back closer to full strength. He's looking odds on to be potentially delisted without so much as another club offering pick 80 for him. FA is gonna be more critical than ever and club needs to take a long term approach targeting your Tom Greens' Noah Anderson's and Freo's Darcy. Also got to weigh up which players have currency and can't really afford to keep like McIntosh and Broad.

Can look at every draft pick/ trade we've made in the last 40 years. WARNING: Some are painful to see.
Christ that is a horrible read.
Summed up by a zero gamer in 1992 - Ben Careless.

they deserve a team ahead of gold coast and gws. shame really

Absolutely. All that talk from Gill & the AFL about 'growth areas' was just bullshit. Hopefully journalists remember all his talk and once the Tassie team has been in place for 2-3 seasons, compare home crowd sizes against GWS & GC. IMO I bet the Tassie team will draw bigger home crowds than those 2 teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back