Delisted #19: Kobe Mutch - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I find his development strategy to be quite bizarre. His attributes have always seemed to be center square or bust.

I really find our desire to play him on the wing to be strange given his lack of pace.

Inside mid suits his dual-sided disposal and his frame so much better.

Never showed anything at senior level for me. Didn't really get many consecutive games though.

Writing on the wall when not selected in last couple of games, same with Beguley etc.

Never had any luck unfortunately. It seemed every time a spot opened up for him he’d get injured... Too add to that he got injured about 5 minutes into his debut.

Probably could’ve carved out a career with a bit more luck. But this was the right call, probably the first bloke to get the tap on the shoulder.

All the best in the future Kobe.

Can't say I ever really saw anything that screamed out as a player I wanted to see play 100-200 games but he was capable if given the opportunity.

As it stands 2016 is another draft we targeted, part of another generation of recruits barely taken seriously.

There are pretty fundamental flaws in the process. It's basically a complete lotter not really based on any objective criteria but on opportunity. Extraordinary amount of talent are wasted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s always an uphill battle for anyone 3rd round and later. You need a bit of love, a bit of luck and a good run with your body, and even then you still might not make it.

Signed on on to play for WWT in the SANFL with his brother. Looking forward to see how he goes
Came in here to post that haha. He's a good type to play SANFL IMO

No surprises there, he could always play.

If there is some objective or logical football related reason that sees on accumulator play 200 games and win AA awards, etc and the other barely crack it for a 10 game career, it is not obvious to me.

I maintain there was virtually no difference in the footballing ability and style of Mutch and Heppell.

No surprises there, he could always play.

If there is some objective or logical football related reason that sees on accumulator play 200 games and win AA awards, etc and the other barely crack it for a 10 game career, it is not obvious to me.

I maintain there was virtually no difference in the footballing ability and style of Mutch and Heppell.
And you'd still be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back