1993 season

Remove this Banner Ad

For a Club thats been existing since 1870, I dont recall playing them that season in 93.:think:
1883 for Fitzroy.

Amazing game. Mods took 3 brilliant marks and goaled in the 3rd quarter. David Pittman snapped the winning point from the pocket.

Bloke on Sunday Footy Show said it would be a long time before anyone beat Adelaide. We then went and lost our next 3.

One point win

My first ever Crows game

we won 4x tickets through an SAFM competition

I remember when Pittman hit the post and put us up by a point everyone in the crowd starting saying 'siren siren siren' and 8 year old me didn't get why they all wanted the game to end, i wanted it to go forever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Modra's 13 against Richmond. 23 in 2 games that year against the Tigers.

That one way first ever game. All I remember is asking my dad after every goal, "Who kicked that one?"

Got a lot of "Modra" in reply.

That one way first ever game. All I remember is asking my dad after every goal, "Who kicked that one?"

Got a lot of "Modra" in reply.
And what a game it was. It was the only game I missed for the year. And the only game i hve missed since. I was 11 at the time. It was school holidays and I had a choice. Go have a holiday with at my nans in the country or stay home and go to the footy. I chose holiday. I should have stayed home and gone to the footy.

The north Melbourne game is the one for me. There were 120,000 people behind the goals at the southern end if you ask them, but I was actually one of them. Mods with 10 and the famous grab. Down by 4 or 5 goals at 3/4 time to win by 2.

The north Melbourne game is the one for me. There were 120,000 people behind the goals at the southern end if you ask them, but I was actually one of them. Mods with 10 and the famous grab. Down by 4 or 5 goals at 3/4 time to win by 2.
With Mods kicking 3 last quarter goals. Two of them clear free kicks to Archer for in the back.

will never get over that loss to essendon.. still haunts me to this day..
Amazingly, the free kick count at half time in that game was 16 -13 in Essendon's favour despite us dominating the first half.

And then of course, that famous 2nd half where the free kick count was 16-2 in favour of Essendon. Yep, we only got 2 frees in the 2nd half.

That little diving knob Wanganeen got 6 frees in the 2nd half alone.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back