1873 United

Team Captain
May 8, 2009
South East Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
I heard a rumour today that two clubs are in absolute peril and neither are of the usual suspects. Has anyone got any information (rumour) on this?

Heard Richmond's upgrade of punt road blew out (years ago now) but doubt it'd be that much to be of any c9ncerm, particularly with the best part of 80% being paid for by the state and federal govt.

I have it on good authority from a source very high up within the afl that, and I quote "we are going into this with 18 clubs and we'll come out of it with 18 clubs." My source can be a bit untrustworthy though so take it with a grain of salt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have it on good authority from a source very high up within the afl that, and I quote "we are going into this with 18 clubs and we'll come out of it with 18 clubs." My source can be a bit untrustworthy though so take it with a grain of salt.
He never said they were the same clubs though.

I read a rumour on here that it may be Carlton. Other clubs have been implicated, but Carlton was mentioned at least TWICE.
(And I’ve supplied a link to prove I’m not making this up)

Source:

So it’s come out today that it’s Gold Coast and North. They have two weeks until they completely run out of cash.

Last edited:
500705.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back