AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - Out for 6 to 8 weeks after knee surgery - 14/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Meniscus is the report. Surgery, my guess might put him out 4-6.
especially being a ruckman whose done an ACL before (not sure if same knee or not)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They can take a lot longer than that to heal and have ongoing problems.
I had 3 arthroscopy in 6 month coz cartridge kept popping out left right and centre on my knee.
I think once it started I got 2 more years and my knees were shot. Sit here now at 54 with 2 full replacements - now that's what you want to get rid of knee pain

They can take a lot longer than that to heal and have ongoing problems.
I had 3 arthroscopy in 6 month coz cartridge kept popping out left right and centre on my knee.
I think once it started I got 2 more years and my knees were shot. Sit here now at 54 with 2 full replacements - now that's what you want to get rid of knee pain
The important question.... could you ruck for us tomorrow arvo?

Meniscus is the report. Surgery, my guess might put him out 4-6.
especially being a ruckman whose done an ACL before (not sure if same knee or not)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geez AFL scheduling cover up surgery now for drugs, going to great lengths.

Time to seriously invest Gametime I to Bryan or go hard at Sean Darcy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s make or break time for Bryan. If he doesn’t get regular games now with Draper injured, it can only mean coaches don’t rate him.

He’ll go to another club if he is not given a good run at it.
We can always refuse until next year . Hopefully he gets some games at the back end and sets himself up for next year.

Not sure if it is a great loss. I like the look of us as we did against GWS, with two meter giving Goldy a chop out. My only concern is running Goldy into the ground, even though he is a warrior. I would love to see, Goldy to play Nth and show them what they are missing, then give Goldy a two week break against Cold COast and Rich (Bryan to come in). Goldy fresh to play the blues, then a two week break with our bye and West coast and then Draper is nearly back and you can re-asses then. We will need a fresh Goldy and heppel towards the back-end of the year, this is the perfect solution for both players (and even maybe Jakey)

Bryan will get his chance in the next few weeks.

Rest Goldy for Richmond so he is fresh for Carlton.
I know the Tigers are struggling but Nank is a tough test. Big test to throw Bryan in solo . Personally I am not a big fan of resting blokes so they can be ready for a future clash. Form is form and when you are in good form my view is keep playing . Rest when you genuinely need a rest . :cool: We also play the Suns before the Blues game.

Last edited:
I know the Tigers are struggling but Nank is a tough test. Big test to throw Bryan in solo . Personally I am not a big fan of resting blokes so they can be ready for a future clash. Form is form and when you are in good form my view is keep playing . Rest when you genuinely need a rest . :cool: We also play the Suns before the Blues game.

Happy either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back