Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

From now through to the Bye, play BBB further up the ground and direct as many Forward 50 entries through Larkey as we would normally go to Brown. He will slot 25 goals by then.

Well done Nick, not only some nice marking, tackling, and goal kicking, but also competed in quite a few Ruck contests as well, which would be tiring for a young fella playing only his 3rd game, ( with the emphasis on competed and not winning, yet ), one of my highlights from this game easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was surprised by his agility on the ground, he was throwing himself into contests and crashing packs, no wonder Carey had a boner.

Well done Nick, outsanding game for a third game key forward.

I was very happy also when I think BT and Carey said that Larkey has a bit of a young Drew Petrie about him.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees him that way, his build is eerily similar
Has a better set shot than Drewie.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He had some leading patterns that looked great in what was overall a poor performance entry and forward wise.

Wait until he has played a significant number of games where he and brown work together to gel and increase space for each other. Can only benefit both of them

Thomas, Larkey and Brown have to be mainstays in our forward line for the next 5 years

Thomas, Larkey and Brown have to be mainstays in our forward line for the next 5 years

Tarryn won't get stuck in the forward line for that long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back