Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved how he was in amongst it when there were little dust ups. I mean, I know flying the flag is crap, but I enjoyed that aspect of his game.

When he got into ... was it Ryder? in the first quarter? ... backing up a team mate. Onya Nick.

Top "debut".

He almost looks like he's ready to play midfield now. Even tho he's basically a skinny kid.

Give him another real good preseason and a trip to Utah.

He will become a stoppage monster/forward, just needs to adjust a bit more to the pace of the game.

Larkey just needs 5 kgs more.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he got into ... was it Ryder? in the first quarter? ... backing up a team mate. Onya Nick.

Top "debut".

Haha, yep - that was Ryder after he tackled Hrovat in the back. Larkey went at him for it, I loved that. Kinda didn't expect it from the kid who's the brilliantly gifted artist in his "other life" off field.

Has gained a mile of composure since his debut last year too. He must stay in the side this year.

Can also share Ruck duties with Zurharr. :thumbsu:

Anyways, well done Souva! Been waiting for eons for this day.

Some half decent coaching against Carlton that uses Brown as the decoy while the players look for Larks and he can easily snag a bag of five or six.

I was originally critical of Nick being brought in during this game, away, against a Port side that plays really aggressive footy.

I'll admit that Brad got that one right.

Perhaps he knew that Port would have less info on Larkey's VFL performances and playing style? Perhaps he thought he might be overawed by a home crowd and wanted to deflect as much attention as possible from the debut?

All I know is that it looks like we've got a player and I'm glad Brad didn't wait another week to bring him in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back