Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Pebbles on Souva : "The one who caught my eye was Nick Larkey, the size of the man, he's huge"

Big year ahead.

Be interesting how he handles being the number 1 man
I reckon he'll take to it quite well. Obviously I have seen a bit of him VFL style, and he is quite vocal, demanding. His grandmother told my best little mate to pop the big 20 on the back of his jumper.

I reckon he'll take to it quite well. Obviously I have seen a bit of him VFL style, and he is quite vocal, demanding. His grandmother told my best little mate to pop the big 20 on the back of his jumper.

Let's hope so as there's pretty big boots to fill despite some on here taking every opportunity to bag Brown.

Larkey may thrive or struggle as top gun. Last year he struggled without Brown but I'm ignoring that for now.

New season and new game plan.

Let's hope so as there's pretty big boots to fill despite some on here taking every opportunity to bag Brown.

Larkey may thrive or struggle as top gun. Last year he struggled without Brown but I'm ignoring that for now.

Reckon he was playing with flat tyres last year. He lives with CZ, so won't be lacking in any department mentally. A bit older, will grab the spot and go well. I bet you a dollar :cool:

Reckon he was playing with flat tyres last year. He lives with CZ, so won't be lacking in any department mentally. A bit older, will grab the spot and go well. I bet you a dollar :cool:

No need to bet as I really like Larkey. His kicking action is a thing of beauty for a man his size.

I'm confident but it will be harder is all I'm saying now Brown doesn't have two guns hanging off him (tunnelling and chopping) as Larkey will get that now.

At least he won’t get rag dolled.

2021 isn’t the final product, if Larkey isn’t getting the support required then I expect that Luff will be after someone else to help him in 2022.

I personally think he will benefit enormously with simply quicker and better ball use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2021 isn’t the final product, if Larkey isn’t getting the support required then I expect that Luff will be after someone else to help him in 2022.

I personally think he will benefit enormously with simply quicker and better ball use.

No Larkey is better in the contest no doubt. However he is not proven to lead near as well.

I know you hate Brown but he has runs on the board.

Agree game plan will help immensely.

I could equally argue Brown would have kicked more with better and quicker delivery but no point as he's gone and that's done.

Yes they said there would be money to spend in the next trade period.... it may not be going to jk!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No Larkey is better in the contest no doubt. However he is not proven to lead near as well.

I know you hate Brown but he has runs on the board.

Agree game plan will help immensely.

I could equally argue Brown would have kicked more with better and quicker delivery but no point as he's gone and that's done.

Just don’t think it’s necessary to mention Brown anymore in a Larkey thread (I know I know he’s Tasmanian).

We are clearly going for a more balanced forward line in the short term with Larkey as a definite focal point. However, we also have Stephenson, Zurhaar, & Ziebell who can play tall/small. As well as the unknown around whether they play J.Walker or Xerri forward. We also have the most small forwards that I can remember on the list in some time with Turner, Mahoney, Atu, Spicer.

The forward line is the least of my worries, it is packed with talent. If we need another KPF we will get one eventually.

Let's see what "clearly" happens when it happens.

Deal?

If Larkey kicks 60plus quote me

Well I can and I will.

Considering Nearly won 3 Coleman's in a row.

Sure a spread is great but it doesn't mean better.

Interesting that you criticise others for “ruining” or “derailing” threads, yet you’re happy to do it yourself.

He’s not a North player anymore, so it’s not relevant to our future plans IMO.

Let's see what "clearly" happens when it happens.

Deal?

If Larkey kicks 60plus quote me

It’s an outdated perception to believe that 1 player alone has to kick those 60 goals.

If we can get 30-40 each out of Larkey, Stephenson & Zurhaar, I’ll be over the moon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back