20 year ban - Local footy incident (CHARGE'S LAID)

Remove this Banner Ad

How much footage would you like to see? 5 minutes prior? 10mins? Continuous footage from the start of the game? From when they made eye contact whilst parking their cars before the game? How about footage from previous games to observe the extent of these niggles?

Oh, but footage does not have sound. Without knowing what language was used by the victim how can you get a full understanding and context with just footage?

Didn't say I wanted more footage just interested in knowing some context. Nice rant.

Yep, one was a team mate, he was shunned during the game and shunned after it. He never played footy again.

Fair enough I wasn't there I take you on your word. I probably have too much faith in mankind that I think people wouldn't kick someone in the head without provocation. Horrible stuff really.

Should definitely do jail time. The problem is, entirely too many people still have the attitude:

"What happens on the field stays on the field."

That's a big part of the problem. While I truly hope the bloke on the deck gets better, I am particularly glad that along with actual modern video cameras, most modern mobile phones have cameras that can also record video. This is but one example of idiots being recorded in the act, and the more people take photos and record video footage while out in public....even better.

Last edited:
Should definitely do jail time. The problem is, entirely too many people still have the attitude:

"What happens on the field stays on the field."

That's a big part of the problem. While I truly hope the bloke on the deck gets better, I am particularly glad that along with actual modern video cameras, most modern mobile phones have cameras that can also record video. This is but one example of idiots being recorded in the act, and the more people take photos and record video footage while out in public....even better.

That's very "1984" of you... haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels about right IMO whilst the potential for it to have been worse was there in the end it was mild concussion. An elbow to the head could do just as much damage and you would probably be suspended for a few matches. It certainly was terrible but 2 Months jail as long as he behaves isn't just those two Months he will have a life time of setbacks because of a jail sentence. Again it was mild concussion for the victim, the only issue is any mental scaring for him.

The offender has a life time ban from footy so that's over, his job opportunities will be limited and he is going to do some time. He took responsibility owning up straight away about being a dog act. His Legal team would have pointed out mental health issues and cyber threats as that's his job for his client. He is lucky that his kick didn't do much damage.

My post comes across as defending him which I'm not. I'm just giving my opinion on the severity of the sentence and I feel it is about right obviously others would rather have the book thrown at him as being light but that 2 second brain fade is still going to cost him.

Feels about right IMO whilst the potential for it to have been worse was there in the end it was mild concussion. An elbow to the head could do just as much damage and you would probably be suspended for a few matches. It certainly was terrible but 2 Months jail as long as he behaves isn't just those two Months he will have a life time of setbacks because of a jail sentence. Again it was mild concussion for the victim, the only issue is any mental scaring for him.

The offender has a life time ban from footy so that's over, his job opportunities will be limited and he is going to do some time. He took responsibility owning up straight away about being a dog act. His Legal team would have pointed out mental health issues and cyber threats as that's his job for his client. He is lucky that his kick didn't do much damage.

My post comes across as defending him which I'm not. I'm just giving my opinion on the severity of the sentence and I feel it is about right obviously others would rather have the book thrown at him as being light but that 2 second brain fade is still going to cost him.
I agree. Two months in jail for a nineteen year old who showed genuine remorse is fine by me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back