maroon and blue

Slayer of sheep
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
lions
How does the AFL not see that Jarrod Berry was being choked by having an elbow pressed against his trachea while he was laying prone on the ground.

We've all seen a person being strangled at one point in movies and television shows, but what does it feel like, and what happens to the body? Strangulation is when a strong force is placed on the neck to restrict airflow to the lungs and blood to the brain. There are two types of strangulation: manual and ligature. Manual strangulation is done with the use of hands or other body parts, such as forearms or knees, while ligature strangulation makes use of an item — such as a belt or rope — to apply pressure to the throat (via Encyclopedia of Forensic Sciences). Both of these types may result in death. How can his action not be considered as a natural reflex given his ability to breath was being being prevented? Look what at happened to George Floyd.
Read More: What Happens To Your Body When You Are Strangled To Death - Grunge

I remember Steven Baker copped weeks for kicking Stephen Alessio.

The problem was that Alessio weighed 110kgs and was standing on Baker's leg. Hence him kicking his leg to get him off. But he still copped a week!! Haha.

If you cretins didn't blindly follow your clubs like lemmings and show up every week and pour your money in no matter what - the AFL's utter incompetence would have seen them fold decades ago.

They really are a joke.

Can we not go down the George Floyd rabbit hole? Your point was made.

But yeah I agree and I reckon he will get off at the tribunal.

• Banned
Can we not go down the George Floyd rabbit hole? Your point was made.

But yeah I agree and I reckon he will get off at the tribunal.
Your'e right, but I felt that the George Floyd example allowed people to comprehend more clearly that the neck is sacrosanct and that lack of oxygen to the brain can have dire consequences.

How does the AFL not see that Jarrod Berry was being choked by having an elbow pressed against his trachea while he was laying prone on the ground.

We've all seen a person being strangled at one point in movies and television shows, but what does it feel like, and what happens to the body? Strangulation is when a strong force is placed on the neck to restrict airflow to the lungs and blood to the brain. There are two types of strangulation: manual and ligature. Manual strangulation is done with the use of hands or other body parts, such as forearms or knees, while ligature strangulation makes use of an item — such as a belt or rope — to apply pressure to the throat (via Encyclopedia of Forensic Sciences). Both of these types may result in death. How can his action not be considered as a natural reflex given his ability to breath was being being prevented? Look what at happened to George Floyd.
Read More: What Happens To Your Body When You Are Strangled To Death - Grunge
if he did indeed get his neck it should be a suspension or at the least rough conduct. the MRO obviously disagrees he got his neck as others have pointed out he was contacting the chest.

if he did indeed get his neck it should be a suspension or at the least rough conduct. the MRO obviously disagrees he got his neck as others have pointed out he was contacting the chest.
You’re assuming Christian knows what he’s doing which is dangerous

Firstly I cannot see how the MRO can claim that Berry's trachea was not squeezed. But if he did then the outcome is no better. Pushing down on the chest can also be fatal. It was used by infamous Scottish murderers Burke and Hare to kill people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny how old farts somehow think kicking and face raking are particularly bad acts.

Not sure why.

I remember as a kid, the act of kicking someone on a footy field was akin to murdering someone, yet king hitting someone was kind of tough and something the hard men did.

Why a face rake is so frowned upon in a scuffle yet a jumper punch is Ok, has me puzzled.

How many times do we expect to hear 'the AFL frowns upon making contact to the face' this week?

Why do they frown upon it so much? As opposed to other stuff?

It's funny how old farts somehow think kicking and face raking are particularly bad acts.

Not sure why.

I remember as a kid, the act of kicking someone on a footy field was akin to murdering someone, yet king hitting someone was kind of tough and something the hard men did.

Why a face rake is so frowned upon in a scuffle yet a jumper punch is Ok, has me puzzled.

How many times do we expect to hear 'the AFL frowns upon making contact to the face' this week?

Why do they frown upon it so much? As opposed to other stuff?
Christians ruling is intentional high contact. The raking or whatever it is being called is irrelevant. So what was Oliver doing before hand with his forearm above the shoulders. MRO is farcical.

Christians ruling is intentional high contact. The raking or whatever it is being called is irrelevant. So what was Oliver doing before hand with his forearm above the shoulders. MRO is farcical.

But that's my point.

Oliver intentionally made contact to Berry's face. Guys do it every week.

But people don't get suspended for it.

Why is the 'face rake' suddenly a next level act that warrants suspension?

But that's my point.

Oliver intentionally made contact to Berry's face. Guys do it every week.

But people don't get suspended for it.

Why is the 'face rake' suddenly a next level act that warrants suspension?
Because the rules only apply to some.. as we have seen time and again under Michael Christian

Is it because it was reported on field? Who decided that this high contact was to be picked on? Fox Footy?
There will come a time when these ambulance chasing commentators will be hauled into court and convicted. Rhys Mathieson is a prime example of media character abuse. After his first games the dick media labelled him as an actor, a cheat. How do they get away with it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrod Berry strangulation - eye-gouge charge goes to tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back