2010 MLB Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
shaky but the Yanks got there always good to to get the first game of the series up especially away from home. Be interesting to see what Pettite and Hughes can do in the next 2

Great game, but christ, the Twins might as well give the Yankees a start.

That's 7 losses this year now when the Twins have led the Yanks and lost.:eek:

Can't see Joe and the Twins coming back unless they smash the Yanks in game 2.

Tomorrow's games on Fox;

5.30 am - Texas vs Tampa Bay Game 2

9.00am - Twins vs Yankees G2

12.30pm - Braves @ Giants - Game 1 - Lincecum vs Lowe.

Can't wait for the Giants series to start.:thumbsu:

Good enough in the end, far from our best, pitching was a concern, Tex the ever reliable switch hitting gun getting us over the line again, massive advantage to get the first game

Yep you did. I'm in the US, watching the games on TBS and they are running some Fosters ads during the breaks. No words can describe how bad they are...so bad, you just have to laugh. :eek: :thumbsdown:

Just watching the Rays replay... "Foster's, Australian for beer". :p

Yankees did well to get away with the win there. Teixeira earned his money. Jeter was alright, still a bit down on form. Hope he re-signs (albeit for less money), can't imagine him in any other uniform.

Oh man, Tampa just got screwed by the umps again...
What a way to rub the salt in on the next pitch!!!

Maddon tossed. Price, Garza and Shields going ape-s**t on the bench...lol

I guess we will have to rely on the National League for at least one exciting Divisonal Series, as it seems the Yanks and Rangers are going to sweep.

I still think the Reds can take a game or two off the Phillies, and as for the Braves/Giants, anything could happen, especially considering the Giants are playing.:eek:

Almost game time in San Fran, Lowe vs Lincecum, woo hoo.:)

Anything Halladay can do, Lincecum can almost do as well...
Imagine game 1 of the NLCS if the Phillies and Giants get through, would be an awesome site to see them going head to head.:)

A 2 hit shut out, wow, GIANTS FANS WAITED 7 YEARS FOR THAT.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes plenty of sense, Collingwood have never bought a flag, EVER, while the Yanks do it all the time.

Not sure if you’re actually being serious there but anyway.

Interesting start to the postseason, apart from the fact the ALCS is all but locked in. Hopefully the Reds and the Braves can both steal their game 2 tomorrow.

Great effort by Lincecum today, once he got in the zone there was no stopping him. To defend a 1 run score by the offense is just a amazing triumph with the pressure of the post season starting:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Tampa bay are in trouble.

Lincecum very good today, and Pettite was solid too, Yanks slowly building to some solid form now, Texas making the Rays looking second rate atm

Cruiser23 it was a hard double play to make though, only just got it. What a monster home run that was. What's with the guys in the kayaks? Are they employed to be there or just spectators who sit out there?

Cruiser23 it was a hard double play to make though, only just got it. What a monster home run that was. What's with the guys in the kayaks? Are they employed to be there or just spectators who sit out there?

There are people in kayaks for every game that wait for a splash hit. They are probably just fans that didn't buy tickets.

My Phillies were lucky but I'm still happy we won.:)

Wow, only the Giants (and maybe the Reds) could lose a game like that.

I guess we were "due" though, it had been 6 weeks since our bullpen had given up an earned run, although 2 of the runs tonight were still officially scored as errors.

Bad loss, we had the series on a plate, now we have to win away from home against the team with the best home record in baseball.

It's time for Zito to step up.:thumbsu:

Game 3's on Monday our time, should be huge.

zito isnt on the playoff roster - it will be johnathon sanchez on sunday

really hope the rangers send the rays packing as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back