2010 MLB Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the Rangers - they were clearly the superior team over the whole series. Yankees just didn't have the X factor in thier attack this year and thier pitching was exposed.

Should be a ripping WS whoever they play.

Didn't George Bush sell his shares in the Rangers?

Man that bloke can't take a trick.:D

Or as some are saying;

"As soon as George Bush goes away, things get better".:)

Gratz to the Rangers, is a great story, 39 years, and now a World Series.

That's one series outsider winning through, now for the second outsider to seal the deal tomorrow.:)

yes for the same amount of money the rangers gave A rod

congrats to the rangers and lets hope the giants win tomorrow to seal the national league series pennant.

the yankees will be back bigger and better next year. they just need a pitcher or 3

*bites tongue re: Bush comment* :p

Yeah Texas deserved the series win obviously, after game 1 (and stages throughout that game) it always seemed the Yankees were on the backfoot. Their hitters (Cano aside) just couldn't get anything going and they obviously didn't have the quality pitchers that could keep them in a low scoring game.

Would like to see the run difference on 2-out pitches too.

Hoping the Giants can win the WS now.

Rangers about to put the final nail in the rich bastards coffin here.

Pity though, it means the winner of the NLCS has a hard task now, with Lee being able to pitch games 1 and 5 of the WS, makes the Rangers almost certs to win it all now.

The Giants need to win tomorrow now, or I fear the Rangers will be nigh on unbeatable in the WS.

Nope- H20 will handle those Texas bums....

Seriously, our old buddy Cliff is merely the tip of the iceberg for the rangers pitching- as was shown in the Yankee series, don't overlook the ability of the other starters.

Either the Giants or Phillies will match up nicely with them- and the rotation shouldn't be affected, since the WS doesn't start until Wednesday.

If Rangers wrap it up today could Lee pitch 1-4-7 in the WS with the extended break he could have now?

Would eb tough, as he'd only have three days rest between starts. Very good pitcher, but they probably wouldn't push that kind of workload- this aint the 60s!

Only 2-0....gotta have faith in your team. If we had knocked in a couple more, I'd be looking forward to tomorrow, but not yet.....

Nice DP now for the Phils....

yes for the same amount of money the rangers gave A rod

congrats to the rangers and lets hope the giants win tomorrow to seal the national league series pennant.

the yankees will be back bigger and better next year. they just need a pitcher or 3
Grats to Texas, were clearly better over the series. Hopefully San Francisco get thru.

Look forward to seeing Lee in a Yankees uniform next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't get how Sanchez got a spot on the roster ahead of Zito, really confuses me, Zito doesn't have the stamina of most pitches, but he wouldn'e be walking so many like Sanchez has in both games in this series.

Need to hold here.

Sanchez out of the game now- he had dominated the Phils, despite the walks, earlier in the season- not sure what was going on there, as the benches cleared. Let's get the lead back and get into that game 7

Utley apparently flipped the ball back at Sanchez after getting hit by the pitch- and Chooch got involved- good for him...don't give 'em an inch

Come on, Ryan!!!!!

Sanchez out of the game now- he had dominated the Phils, despite the walks, earlier in the season- not sure what was going on there, as the benches cleared. Let's get the lead back and get into that game 7

Utley apparently flipped the ball back at Sanchez after getting hit by the pitch- and Chooch got involved- good for him...don't give 'em an inch

Come on, Ryan!!!!!

Looked a bit pissy to me, really. Still, good to see some fire :)

I'm not usually a baseball watcher but I'm in California at the moment, about 40 minutes out of SFO, and everyone here is gripped with Giants fever, so I'm riding the bandwagon for a while :D It's pretty good to watch, actually!

Same old Giants, stranded 5 runners through 5 innings, they stranded 8 the other night.

Still in it though, Bumgarner to come it seems, which is a strange decision, but let's see how it works out.

Leaving runners on base is about to bite the Giants on the arse, big time.

Or not, thanks to Fransisco looking at 3 straight pitches.

MADBUM's on fire, hehe.

Got the heart of your order...now for some runs in our half....

How good has the SF bullpen been tonight, usually when your starter doesn't last 3 innings, you are screwed. No matter what happens now, the Giants can take some confidence out of this game, although 1 run will send us to the World Series here it seems.

Score here, then the man with the best OctoBeard can come out and send us into the WS.

The Beard does it, a double play to end the 8th, 3-2 to the Giants, 3 outs away from a world series berth.

This is on standby though for Giants fans worldwide;

sfjoke.jpg

Giants Defibrillator.:D:p:eek:

Congrats to the giants on a well played series- good luck against the Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back