2010 MLB Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The freak gets out of a little hole, through 7, only allowed one run, who else would you want pitching for you really.

The pitchers he has beaten this off season are a who's who of the best pitchers in baseball.

Who would get the WS MVP if the Giants hang on, tough decision, I'd give it to Tim.

Two outs until the Void officially starts....

oops, one out

Congrats, Giants- 2010 World Champs...we in Philly know what it is like to celebrate after a long drought...enjoy it, guys!

Lincecum HAS to be MVP

I'll be listening to KNBR all night

Welcome to the Void

OMG.:eek::D:D:D

SO happy, never thought I'd see the day my Giants would win the World Series.

Just awesome, all post season, heck, since the troubles in August they have been the best team in Baseball.

THE SAN FRANSISCO GIANTS, CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD.

(sounds good).:D

OMG.:eek::D:D:D

SO happy, never thought I'd see the day my Giants would win the World Series

Congrats mate, a well deserved win. Was actually hoping Texas would win today to send it to SF (always better winning in front of your fans).

If you can hold onto some of your young players you'll definitely be up there challenging for the next few years.

Parade will be on Wednesday, finishing at City Hall around 12:30- got to assume it will be on the NET somewhere.....

Supposed to replicate the parade when the team moved to SF back in 1958

Parade will be on Wednesday, finishing at City Hall around 12:30- got to assume it will be on the NET somewhere.....

Supposed to replicate the parade when the team moved to SF back in 1958

Parade starts at Washington and Montgomery at 11am on Wednesday. Travels down Montgomery and turns west up Market to the Civic Centre. Thankfully it goes straight past my office!!!!!

Vamos Gigantes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants on being world champions.

My favourite team in the National League it was very enjoyable to listen to.

Lee losing the two games that counted, amazing.

Amazing series - Giants were just too good everywhere but Lincecum is a freak. Congrats Giants fans - the Giants were certainly not flashy, only had one 'superstar' in Lincecum, but the rest of them did thier job perfectly.

Well done to the [strike]New York[/strike] San Francisco Giants! It was good to see Dubya's team get done!

:rolleyes:

*makes a political statement about the mid-terms.. :p*

Do we know if there will be any tv coverage of the parade? Was in SF for 3 days walking around the city for alot of the time so would be cool to bring back some memories!

:rolleyes:

*makes a political statement about the mid-terms.. :p*

Do we know if there will be any tv coverage of the parade? Was in SF for 3 days walking around the city for alot of the time so would be cool to bring back some memories!

I'd be pretty certain there will be coverage- not sure what TV station in SF covers the giants, but they would be the natural place to start looking for coverage of the parade.

makes a political statement about the mid-terms.. :p
Hiya Cam! I miss making fun of Bush, and now I can only make fun of the current Democrat president instead for contributing to the expected disaster that's occurring in the midterms today, but that's not as much fun. Hillary should have been president. :(
First thing I said when the Giants got the final out - here come the riots on the streets of San Francisco.....What is wrong with these people?
And many people were worried about Collingwood supporters after winning this years premiership! It's too bad that the Giants didn't win the World Series in 1967 instead, because back then they would have just been having free love instead on the intersection of Haight and Ashbury (Hashbury).
They're American? The most aggressive and violent race on the face of the planet, it's how they celebrate.;)
That kind of 'celebration' doesn't happen too often around the US. I have seen Yankee and Giants supporters in New York celebrate a World Series and Super Bowl very peacefully.

That kind of 'celebration' doesn't happen too often around the US. I have seen Yankee and Giants supporters in New York celebrate a World Series and Super Bowl very peacefully.
New York's a different city though, it's used to winning (well maybe not Basketball and Hockey, but hey, you can't win them all:eek:), but when a team breaks a drought like SF just did, this usually occurs.
It's not only an American trait though, as many sporting teams victories around the world over the years have lead to riots, chaos etc.

To my knowledge, no one has been killed in SF (other then the normal murders in a violent city) through this riot, so it's not as bad as the news networks are making it out to be.

Let them have some fun, but for those that go over board, arrest them, and make them face the relevant charges, with the way we are watched by cameras everywhere now, surely there's footage of the main offenders around anyway.

That's just New York, it's happened quite a bit of late. Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Francisco. Not sure if anything has happened in Chicago of late though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back