Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah decent effort for a first ever design THB, but I'm in agreeance when I say I would prefer the Hawks design without the hawk head.

A lot of these clash designs don't fit in with these rules i had so im not doing things like it.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of that Hawk's clash, just doesn't work for me. Wouldn't mind seeing it without the Hawks head though..

How is this boys

HawthornClashwithouthead.jpg

I actually reckon if you turn the hawks head around the right way and put it in the middle of the jumper it would look nice.

Ill see what i can do :thumbsu:

Collingwood Magpies

Home
Same as 2010
CollingwoodMagpies2011Home.png

Away
Pinstripe design featuring logo
(looked better in my head)
CollingwoodMagpies2011Away.png

Retro
Based on the 1953-75
CollingwoodMagpies2011Retro.png

Collingwood Magpies

Home
Same as 2010
CollingwoodMagpies2011Home.png

Away
Pinstripe design featuring logo
(looked better in my head)
CollingwoodMagpies2011Away.png

Retro
Based on the 1953-75
CollingwoodMagpies2011Retro.png

The first one is not the same as the 2010 Guernsey the 2010 Guernsey did not have 3 Stripes on top of the Numbers

WESTERN BULLDOGS

HOME:
Slight alteration to current home jumper. The Bulldog head is now fully encased in the red band rather than what it is now (half way up red band through 2nd White band and into blue of jumper. As a result red band is now wider to enable whole head to fit in, and also allows current sponsor to blend in on rear with their logo. Rear top white band on back is re-introduced having been dropped from 1997. Socks now altered to reflect 70's era.

l_57180eb593a448bf8c9dba086da858eb.png

AWAY: Rather than a simple inversion, we have based this in part on the Central District SANFL strip of the 1980's (as well as the Footscray jumper in the night series in 1979). But to combat the plain affects of that jumper that had just the solitary red and blue vertical stripe down the right of the jumper (left for the player's perspective), we have replicated that on the left hand side (right for PP). White on gurensey ever so slightly towards very light grey on scale save for the white strip between red and blue stripes to give impression of a red, white and blue stripe. Small concern over blue numbering given close proximity of red stripes but figured that was most suitable colour choice amongst the three for identification. Socks also white to match strip.

l_db7fab107e954490ab2c55906279cf3f.png

RETRO: Based on 1954 Premiership jumper. Note for the full retro look we've gone for the Black shorts as teams wore before the Colour TV age when home teams wore Black and away teams wore White. Not saying it's a good thing, but it feels more authentic as a retro strip. Socks as per home strip as they were also part of the kit at the time.

l_c11826eee20b47969b9fc9521a1651fc.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Echoing Sepul's thoughts here too. On the retro, love the black shorts, adds a bit of history. As for the away, the number problem could be fixed with a white outline. As for the home, I understand what you were trying to do but IMO the bulldog is too far down and the red is pretty overpowering. Also I prefer the current stretched out bulldog to the older, "squished" bulldog.

Echoing Sepul's thoughts here too. On the retro, love the black shorts, adds a bit of history. As for the away, the number problem could be fixed with a white outline. As for the home, I understand what you were trying to do but IMO the bulldog is too far down and the red is pretty overpowering. Also I prefer the current stretched out bulldog to the older, "squished" bulldog.

I agree with both these guys and also, the away looks like the Hawks heritage jumper they had a few gets back IMO.

This one:

Hawthorn-Heritage-2005.gif

Anybody have a straight sash I can use for Essendons guernsey?

Essendon Bombers

Home
have removed the sash from back, I personally hate the sashes on the back of the jumper, In my opinion it makes it look too cluttered.
EssendonBombers2011Home.png

Away
Inversion of home strip, thought about adding the logo but decided that this is simple, efictive and I think it looks very good.
EssendonBombers2011Away.png

Retro
Based on the 1975-99 jumper. This one was tough because there aern't a lot of differences between guernseys, tried the previous home with thinner sash but this proved to difficult.
EssendonBombers2011Retro.png

Fremantle Dockers

Home
Same as current (socks may be different, I'm not sure what socks they have.
FremantleDockers2011Home.png

Away
To keep tradition is same as 2010
FremantleDockers2011Away.png

Retro
Based on 1995-97 jumper
FremantleDockers2011Retro.png

WESTERN BULLDOGS

HOME:
Slight alteration to current home jumper. The Bulldog head is now fully encased in the red band rather than what it is now (half way up red band through 2nd White band and into blue of jumper. As a result red band is now wider to enable whole head to fit in, and also allows current sponsor to blend in on rear with their logo. Rear top white band on back is re-introduced having been dropped from 1997. Socks now altered to reflect 70's era.

l_57180eb593a448bf8c9dba086da858eb.png

AWAY: Rather than a simple inversion, we have based this in part on the Central District SANFL strip of the 1980's (as well as the Footscray jumper in the night series in 1979). But to combat the plain affects of that jumper that had just the solitary red and blue vertical stripe down the right of the jumper (left for the player's perspective), we have replicated that on the left hand side (right for PP). White on gurensey ever so slightly towards very light grey on scale save for the white strip between red and blue stripes to give impression of a red, white and blue stripe. Small concern over blue numbering given close proximity of red stripes but figured that was most suitable colour choice amongst the three for identification. Socks also white to match strip.

l_db7fab107e954490ab2c55906279cf3f.png

RETRO: Based on 1954 Premiership jumper. Note for the full retro look we've gone for the Black shorts as teams wore before the Colour TV age when home teams wore Black and away teams wore White. Not saying it's a good thing, but it feels more authentic as a retro strip. Socks as per home strip as they were also part of the kit at the time.

l_c11826eee20b47969b9fc9521a1651fc.png

I honestly prefer the original 1979 night series jumper.
Should be our clash IMHO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back