NFL 2012 Off-Season - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2012 Off-Season Discussion

I know what point you're making, it's agency thoery, HCs and GMs with their heads on the chopping block massively overpay for QBs because having a rookie QB takes the pressure off them, despite this not being in the best interest of the franchise.

Putting Locker in the same category as these other guys just seemed like a lack of insight to me, was a very good college QB until his last year (may well have been at the Rams right now instead of Bradford). By basing his value on one year you are succumbing to the same fallacy as those reaching for Tannehill based on his one year of QB production.

I know what point you're making, it's agency thoery, HCs and GMs with their heads on the chopping block massively overpay for QBs because having a rookie QB takes the pressure off them, despite this not being in the best interest of the franchise.

Putting Locker in the same category as these other guys just seemed like a lack of insight to me, was a very good college QB until his last year (may well have been at the Rams right now instead of Bradford). By basing his value on one year you are succumbing to the same fallacy as those reaching for Tannehill based on his one year of QB production.
It sort of proves my point, doesn't it? It's not like he was an uberstud for his entire college career and then had one bad year. His positives never definitively outweighed his negatives over the four year span. And yet, despite the change in consistency and reliability, he was taken over players that were a) very likely more talented and b) definitely more consistent.

That was my argument. Not that Locker wasn't necessarily a good pick up, but that his position is what pretty much solely elevated him over more talented players who played for 'lesser' positions. That's going to happen with Tannehill.

You either didn't know what point I was making though based on the fact you compared what I argued to Atlanta letting Favre go, or you were trying to be a smartarse.

"leaked" photo of Nike's new carolina helmet. Can't deny or confirm it's a real pic.
http://sports-kings.com/downanddistance/photo-leaked-carolina-panthers-helmet/
547969_378117195555285_236178579749148_1196430_975883143_n.jpg

I actually think it's awesome and can't wait until the rest are released.

Lol, Morris Claiborne only scored a 4 out of 50 on his Wonderlic.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/claiborne-gives-birth-to-a-four-on-the-wonderlic/

The joke, however, continues to be on anyone who thinks that all college athletes are also students. Plenty of them aren’t. They’re minor-league football players who have no choice but to wait at least three years until they get a shot at joining the NFL.

How else can anyone explain a person who presumably has found a way to avoid failing out of college getting such a low score on a basic intelligence test?

And that gives rise to a more important question. What did LSU actually do to keep Claiborne from failing out of school?

He must just not to have bothered reading the questions surely and just randomly circled answers.

Sample Wonderlic questions (click on link);

I really don't understand how anyone of even at best moderate intelligence couldn't score more than a four. :confused:

Mind you not sure why they still do the test.
Marino 13, JaMarcus 24, Leaf 27.

A four is like being able to make grunting noises. It defies understanding.
ie Claiborne guessed randomly.

I think I would do the same and let an interview judge actual intelligence.

I quickly (5-7 secs per question) did the sample wonderlic scottwade posted and got 12/12. A four defies understanding. Remember, these rookies are keen to jump thru all the hoops (combine, interviews, wonderlics, pro-days) to improve their draft stock, so that excuse dagless doesn't fly. A four hurts his ability or the perceived ability to read and comprehend complex diagrams of playbooks and zone schemes, etc.

He'll get a chance to re-do it and he'll try harder to improve it, im betting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming the Wonderlic test has 4 options, and 50 questions, then for Claiborne to have scored either a 4 or less is a 1% shot, even with absolutely no idea about any of the questions.

LOL.

FWIW, I found a 9 question sample wonderlic and scored 7 in one and a half minutes.

I've never understood how so called college educated students can get such low scores on the Wonderlic.

I read last year that there are some personnel people that think that having a low Wonderlic is a good thing for CBs :rolleyes: Something about just reacting to the play instead of overthinking the game/ forgetting being burnt on the previous play.

Another thing to note is that many of the scores that get leaked at this time of year aren't from their first go, and that their real scores (from the 1st time around) are usually even lower :eek:. IIRC Prince Amukamara increased his score by 10+ points between taking it before and after his final season at Nebraska.

Meanwhile...

Mikel Leshoure is on a fast-road to Bustville.

Did his achilles heel (i think) last season in training camp, lost for the season. Got busted since then twice for marijuana possession, and then just yesterday got busted again for it, which this time carries a felony. Got arraigned, but now today failed to show for his arraignment.

Exactly, ashley. I cannot understand it. Either he was getting blown by the hot bespectacled tester, or he amazingly is that dumb.

Actually new opinion on how this happened.

One of the early questions was that hard, and that Claiborne spent so much time focused on it, that even when given a "one minute remaining" warning he didnt fill in half the results.

IMO, I mean really, how the **** can you score a 4/50 in a 4 option M/C quiz is beyond me...

Actually new opinion on how this happened.

One of the early questions was that hard, and that Claiborne spent so much time focused on it, that even when given a "one minute remaining" warning he didnt fill in half the results.

IMO, I mean really, how the **** can you score a 4/50 in a 4 option M/C quiz is beyond me...
Going ACDCACDCACDCACDCACDCACDCACDCACDCACDCACDCACDCACDCAC? :p

Either he was getting blown by the hot bespectacled tester,

there's got to be an explanation like fell asleep, was getting blown, or something.

Dear Penthouse Letters

One time in this exam.......:D

Actually I've figured it out.
He was determined to be the first guy to score zero on the test and so deliberately picked what he thought were incorrect answers, but in error actually got four correct. :cool:

RG3 tells the Colts "no" to a private workout

OK, where’s my popcorn?

As the Colts prepare to put Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck through a private workout, the other potential first overall pick in the draft has declined an invitation to do the same thing.

Colts owner Jim Irsay says via Twitter that Robert Griffin III has declined an invitation to work out for the team. Irsay specifically blames the decision on Griffin’s agent, Ben Dogra. But if Griffin wanted to work out for the Colts, Griffin would be working out for the Colts.

So what does it mean? Apparently, Griffin has no interest in following Peyton Manning as the quarterback of the Colts. Instead, Griffin wants to play, apparently, for the Redskins, who hold the second pick in the draft.

And so the power play comes not from the quarterback who went to the same school as the last high-profile quarterback who dissed the Colts. Instead, the guy who possibly is in position to leapfrog Luck doesn’t want to go to Indy, even if it means being the first overall pick.

It’s also possible that the Griffin camp is completely convinced that Luck will be the pick, regardless of what Griffin would do, and that Griffin isn’t interested in wasting his time.

Either way, Griffin is more than willing to yield the top pick in the draft to Luck, something that under the rookie wage scale means a lot less than it used to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back