2012 SEQAFL Division 2 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen Nambour play a few times and they look very good. Probably too good for the Div 3 comp. But you need to consider it in some context.

Granted, they won the flag last year, but they didn't win it as convincingly as you'd want to move up a division. You also need to remember that it is a weakened competition. The best two teams from 2010 were moved up into Div 2 so they were playing the equivalent of teams 3-10 in 2011 and 2012.

Look how other teams have gone in the past decade who have moved up.

Wynnum - convincing premierships (including undefeated) in 2002 and 2003, struggled for a couple of years before becoming a serious player in this division.
Robina - convincing premierships (including undefeated) in 2004 and 2005, struggled for a couple of years in the division up before dropping back a division and being above the standard again. Have come back up and are probably going to finish bottom 3 this year.
Kedron - premiership in 2007 and a top contender in subsequent seasons. Are really a bit of a joke at this level and will probably look to go back a division next year.
Kenmore - convincing undefeated premiership in 2006, made finals once (I think) since coming up in 2007. Have struggled in recent seasons, but will probably scrape into the five this season.

The above doesn't paint a pretty picture for teams moving up, even ones who were belting teams before they came up.

In saying that if Nambour continue smacking teams in the division below (percentage of 350% last time i checked), I'd say that they should definitely apply to move up in place of Kedron. They would beat a few of the lesser teams and would probably be tough to beat at home. Who really wants to travel to Nambour though?:eek:

The_Badger

Putting on my Wynnum Cap for a second :)

Wynnum Vikings Grand Finals Apperences in the past 10 yrs

2002 Lost Div 2
2003 Won DIv 2
2005 lost Div 1
2006 Lost Div1
2008 Won Div 1
2009 Won Div 1

2004 promoted First year in Div 1 only won 2 matches. 2005 Vikings went from wooden spooners to Grand Finialis in 1 season

Not bad for a team that "struggled" lol

Last week I went to the Coorparoo v Wynnum match, even though I don't like having a go at umps, but 1 out of the 2 umpires thought he was the 3rd team. My personal view, was that he ruined a good match. The Central Ump wasn't biased to either team, but when you have both teams constantly confused on his decesions making, let alone confusing the spectators, made it very frustrating game to watch. Back to div 3 ressies I would hope.

At the end of the day the right team won.

Thanks for the inclusion mate.

How does this work for you, "Robina suck" :cool: sorry mate I got nothing, i'll return to the safety of my own board now :(

Ps. Come on Chunk old boy, no prizes for 3rd, lift son, lift!
Yeah mate, just letting him get out to a bit of a lead so i have something to chase down. In saying that i could have kicked 4 against Uni Q had the boys decided to hit me lace out in front 30 out where i was standing..... instead of having shots from the pockets etc... but i am use to it Morro you should know that lol

Last week I went to the Coorparoo v Wynnum match, even though I don't like having a go at umps, but 1 out of the 2 umpires thought he was the 3rd team. My personal view, was that he ruined a good match. The Central Ump wasn't biased to either team, but when you have both teams constantly confused on his decesions making, let alone confusing the spectators, made it very frustrating game to watch. Back to div 3 ressies I would hope.

At the end of the day the right team won.[/quote]
I will bet the ump you're talking about is the idiot in the long sleeves????

Yeah mate, just letting him get out to a bit of a lead so i have something to chase down. In saying that i could have kicked 4 against Uni Q had the boys decided to hit me lace out in front 30 out where i was standing..... instead of having shots from the pockets etc... but i am use to it Morro you should know that lol

I always passed it to you little buddy. Then I heaped on the pressure for added fun.:D

jury is still out for me on cameo appearances. obviously great for the club if u can get the publicity and $$$ from it. But would hate to have it come down to the last round and % was going to play a part in playing finals and u come up against fev who kicks 18 and u miss out.
Should be a good match against your man mountain RUL anyway!

No jury out for me BOC - reckon its fairly ordinary practise TBH. In Qld I reckon you would be lucky to break even anyway on expense vs income for this sort of exercise. How many football people are going to come out of the woodwork to watch Spida run around - he played a couple of seasons for Redlands and i'm not sure they had to build a new grandstand bc of it. You make a good point IMO re % although post June 30 I don't think guys can do it.
Fev situation a bit different - committing for a longer period at Yarrawonga. His sortie to Tassie I'm not all for but word has it he donated his match payments to charity. Those clubs will have increased their gate by 5x, Div 2 AFLQ...??

No jury out for me BOC - reckon its fairly ordinary practise TBH. In Qld I reckon you would be lucky to break even anyway on expense vs income for this sort of exercise. How many football people are going to come out of the woodwork to watch Spida run around - he played a couple of seasons for Redlands and i'm not sure they had to build a new grandstand bc of it. You make a good point IMO re % although post June 30 I don't think guys can do it.
Fev situation a bit different - committing for a longer period at Yarrawonga. His sortie to Tassie I'm not all for but word has it he donated his match payments to charity. Those clubs will have increased their gate by 5x, Div 2 AFLQ...??
Spida played for Labrador down here and was a pretty handy contributor from all reports.

I was talking more so about fev in tassie - the team he played for are first and they were against second. he kicks 18 (14 in the second half) and its a total game changer. The club he did if for made a mint - reckon they cleared 40k after costs (tassie boy with mate back home so info is pretty accurate) which is what they would make in a year.

My understanding is after june 30 any registered player can still play providing there is a permit. I could be wrong tho. I know that Cam Mooney has just signed a one off for Glenorchy in Tassies statewide league to play against there traditional rival.

Spida at Yeronga is an interesting one - I guess Yeronga is one of the few Div 2 grounds that has the infrastructure around to charge if they wanted. But ur right - cant see him getting a huge number through the door - and obviously we have no idea if there is a match payment involved so wrong to assume. Yeronga did have jade rawlings pull the boots on last year after all so they obviously have some good contacts.

Spida played for Labrador down here and was a pretty handy contributor from all reports.

I was talking more so about fev in tassie - the team he played for are first and they were against second. he kicks 18 (14 in the second half) and its a total game changer. The club he did if for made a mint - reckon they cleared 40k after costs (tassie boy with mate back home so info is pretty accurate) which is what they would make in a year.

My understanding is after june 30 any registered player can still play providing there is a permit. I could be wrong tho. I know that Cam Mooney has just signed a one off for Glenorchy in Tassies statewide league to play against there traditional rival.

Spida at Yeronga is an interesting one - I guess Yeronga is one of the few Div 2 grounds that has the infrastructure around to charge if they wanted. But ur right - cant see him getting a huge number through the door - and obviously we have no idea if there is a match payment involved so wrong to assume. Yeronga did have jade rawlings pull the boots on last year after all so they obviously have some good contacts.
Sorry mate - I should have known it was Labrador - read enough about it!! Redlands went that other recruiting coup of T.Johnstone... Again, you might be able to say how many extras went to watch him but i would say not many.
Yeah the Fev thing is very different - I know I would go and watch him play for 2 reasons - one bc of who he is and 2 bc he is a FF kicking goals. Seeing a midfielder rack up 40 possessions isn't that exciting nor a ruckman taking 20 grabs with 40 tap pits - FF kicking goals are exciting no matter who they are.
I think its a great idea for individual clubs to make a buck but will only work in football regions IMO.
I'm not sure about permits post June 30 - my understanding not likely bc this would also require a clearance of sorts. Might be wrong but if you are right then absolutely could be manipulated badly.
Even if he is helping out a mate I'm still not sure what it achieves for that football club - someone obviously has to miss out.

5 rounds to go the 5 in both seniors and reserves looks fairly set with only the order of finish to be determined. Only 1 game seperates 2nd and 5th in the 2's so every game and % is going to be important.

Big thanks to Kedron's guys who backed up and played 2 games on the weekend - tough gig at this stage of the year when cant make finals and we definately appreciate having a game rather then a forfeit.

Kedron are a very classy club. Got a tonne of respect for them. The games were blow outs, but I thought both games were played in very good spirits throughout the day, no major incidents, and they enjoyed a few free snags afterwards.

Only downside were the few injuries on UQ's side. 1 man bench for well over half the game

Kedron are a very classy club. Got a tonne of respect for them. The games were blow outs, but I thought both games were played in very good spirits throughout the day, no major incidents, and they enjoyed a few free snags afterwards.

Only downside were the few injuries on UQ's side. 1 man bench for well over half the game

wow. talk about patronising. did you give them a pat on the head and a lollipop before sending them on their way? how about you blokes win a grand final before acting like you're better than everyone.

wow. talk about patronising. did you give them a pat on the head and a lollipop before sending them on their way? how about you blokes win a grand final before acting like you're better than everyone.

Finally remembered why I choose to read this subforum these days. I try to make sincere remarks about how the Kedron boys acted both on and off the field (very professionally and respectful) and instead I get accused of arrogance and being patronizing.

Forget this. If I've had the privilidged of working with anyone here at one of the games, will be a pleasure to have a beer at the awards dinner. Other than that, I'm done with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow.

I was trying to be sincere in my remarks about how Kedron acted both on and off the field. And instead every post I put down now is patronizing and arrogant.

Finally remembered why I choose to read this subforum these days. Always someone with a chip on their shoulder

Not taken as patronizing RUL, thanks for that. Although there were some large margins in the end, I agree, both games were played in good spirits.

UQ looked after our lads on the day, and the gesture of a carton in the change rooms after the game was appreciated by the boys.

I've gotta say that did come across as pretty arrogant RUL. There is winning graciously and there is rubbing people's noses in it. I'd suggest you boys leave your talking to the footy field and we'll see you in the finals!

nambour will come up next year, caloundra will take there position in division 3. no byes, no teams go backwards, everyone is happy.

Nambour up? where did you get this info?
caloundra only back to div3 ? if they have enough numbers for 2 teams. they will make most teams look stupid,
you only have to look at there team list each we to see how many players they have playing from last year.

RUL have to admit, you do seem to have your nose up in air, UNI have won 1 Minor premiership thats it!! I saw that grand final yous played in. any team in the top 5 , Hornets, Vikings, Kings and even Bears on their game could knock yous over. its no secret that all you have to do is mess up a few hair Doo's and you guys are rattled.

there is no way in hell what RUL was arrogant he just works hard and takes pride in his football club, if only there was more blokes in AFLQ like him. the Vikings could have a long week at the tribunal after the fall between them and robina on the weekend? not saying i saw the incendent but what i heard it was very low act and it wasnt the first time that happend either. the ross brothers are not the most loved boys at scottsdale drive.

It doesn't seem like anything I can say is not going to be taken well and is simply going to be twisted and dismissed as arrogance by other clubs, so I'm going to leave this forum since I simply don't have time for it anymore.

Big thanks to Up North who actually saw the sincerity on what I said. In reflection, reporting on the scorelines in MY post was probarbly a mistake and I can see how that may be perceived as arrogant and boastful. I assure everyone who has labelled me or regards me as some pompus university person, my intention was to thank Kedron for coming and playing football in the spirit of the game and not degrade the game into playing the man. Even the Umpires at the end of the game said the same thing. The Red Leggers were also very good guests and it was fantastic to see Kedron boys and Uni boys sharing a snag and drink afterwards
Steamer, I ain't even going to respond to that. It is a very tough draw, everyone knows it. Worse still that we've lost all our home games from now on. And I'm looking forward to watching those games because I think they can be crackers given how well they've been travelling.

King Me, I'm sorry that you seem to think that I am arrogant. Once again, not my intention to come across that way. I look forward to the home game at Kings. Should be an absolute cracker.

Cheers to you too Shagsuns. I appreciate the sentiment.

To anyone here who I've had the pleasure of working with on game day, I look forward to having a beer at the league best and fairest. To everyone else, good luck with the trash talking.

RUL

Nambour up? where did you get this info?
caloundra only back to div3 ? if they have enough numbers for 2 teams. they will make most teams look stupid,
you only have to look at there team list each we to see how many players they have playing from last year.

RUL have to admit, you do seem to have your nose up in air, UNI have won 1 Minor premiership thats it!! I saw that grand final yous played in. any team in the top 5 , Hornets, Vikings, Kings and even Bears on their game could knock yous over. its no secret that all you have to do is mess up a few hair Doo's and you guys are rattled.

Reckon S36.. is right. Not sure the league could give a rats what sort of list Caloundra currently have - they won't be leaving a spot open for the Panthers just to stroll back into in Div 2.

It doesn't seem like anything I can say is not going to be taken well and is simply going to be twisted and dismissed as arrogance by other clubs, so I'm going to leave this forum since I simply don't have time for it anymore.

Big thanks to Up North who actually saw the sincerity on what I said. In reflection, reporting on the scorelines in MY post was probarbly a mistake and I can see how that may be perceived as arrogant and boastful. I assure everyone who has labelled me or regards me as some pompus university person, my intention was to thank Kedron for coming and playing football in the spirit of the game and not degrade the game into playing the man. Even the Umpires at the end of the game said the same thing. The Red Leggers were also very good guests and it was fantastic to see Kedron boys and Uni boys sharing a snag and drink afterwards
Steamer, I ain't even going to respond to that. It is a very tough draw, everyone knows it. Worse still that we've lost all our home games from now on. And I'm looking forward to watching those games because I think they can be crackers given how well they've been travelling.

King Me, I'm sorry that you seem to think that I am arrogant. Once again, not my intention to come across that way. I look forward to the home game at Kings. Should be an absolute cracker.

Cheers to you too Shagsuns. I appreciate the sentiment.

To anyone here who I've had the pleasure of working with on game day, I look forward to having a beer at the league best and fairest. To everyone else, good luck with the trash talking.

RUL

RUL, happy to accept your apology and move on. Just leave the boasting for after the granny!

As for Caloundra, our aim at the moment is to just get two teams up and running for next year. We'll assess whether we're Div 2 or 3 potential after that. Obviously the league has a bit to say about that though!

RUL, happy to accept your apology and move on. Just leave the boasting for after the granny!

As for Caloundra, our aim at the moment is to just get two teams up and running for next year. We'll assess whether we're Div 2 or 3 potential after that. Obviously the league has a bit to say about that though!

Pleased to clear that up.

Hope to see Caloundra back up and running in the future

tough day at work RUL? took the bait there mate!

Lets not worry about 2013 yet as there is plenty of life left in 2012 season. Could Robina sneak into the 5 in the ones? Have Aspley hit form at the right time of year?

Possibly for 2-5th in the reserves to finish on the same points and % to split them.

wouldnt think that the engraver is practising his "University of Queensland" just yet in either grade.

So with 4 rounds to go anyone game to tip grand finalists in both grades and medal winners / most vote getters from club?

UQ v Kings for me in the seniors with the kings in a tight one - Murray to hold on in goal kicking and Heath King to poll most votes from Robina.

UQ v Robina in the reserves - obviously tipping a roo's win there.

tough day at work RUL? took the bait there mate!

I'll admit I do tend easy to bite at people who clearly have agendas or resort to pity name calling to generalize my club or insult myself.

What people think about our performance this season, its disappointing, but honestly what can I do? There is nothing that I can say that is going to change people's perspective about UQAFC.

So far on BigFooty, I've seen club presidents come on here slag us off with some nasty and disgusting insults. Apparantly we are kids who jerk each other off with no honour or history.

If I say we're having a good season, then I'm an arrogant silverspooning toss pot. If the boys have a bad season, we'll be judged as a punch of useless kids.

I try pay credit to the way a club behaved during and after a game, and I'm slagged off of being a patronized tosser.

Either way, no matter what I say or how hard I work or respectful I try to be, I'm always going to be slagged off because and accused of something I'm not.

So good luck to all the trash talkers out there. Best of luck for the rest of the year.

I'll admit I do tend easy to bite at people who clearly have agendas or resort to pity name calling to generalize my club or insult myself.

What people think about our performance this season, its disappointing, but honestly what can I do? There is nothing that I can say that is going to change people's perspective about UQAFC.

So far on BigFooty, I've seen club presidents come on here slag us off with some nasty and disgusting insults. Apparantly we are kids who jerk each other off with no honour or history.

We're a rubbish tip, we're high horse riding tossers, (Hi Chunk#5!), we're inconsiderate because we don't stock enough spirits.

If I say we're having a good season, then I'm an arrogant silverspooning toss pot. If the boys have a bad season, we'll be judged as a punch of useless kids.

I try pay credit to the way a club behaved during and after a game, and I'm slagged off of being a patronized tosser.

Either way, no matter what I say or how hard I work or respectful I try to be, I'm always going to be slagged off because and accused of something I'm not.

So good luck to all the trash talkers out there. Best of luck for the rest of the year.

RUL, sorry if I misread a comment that was intended to be sincere as patronizing. The UQ blokes are alright. Full of themselves, but let's face it, they've only lost two or three (?) home and away matches in two seasons. They've got a right to be.

Chunky brother, I'd say Robina will miss out on finals in the ones. I can't see Wynnum losing enough games for Robina to sneak in. A good effort by Robina though to give themselves a chance by winning last week. With Alex Hills and Robina being in a position to play ressies finals, but not seniors finals, I'd expect that they will go through the process of qualifying some good players over the next few weeks. I'd expect one of those two to be in the grand final against UQ.

I'm tipping a Coorparoo vs. UQ final in the seniors. Hopefully UQ can get some revenge for last year. Would be nice for them to have something in their trophy cabinets for two years of dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back