2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe - I think in the past the clubs have been issued with a round by round vote break down but your best bet is to speak to the club or check here as im sure there will be more detail then anything officially released by aflq. Other then that I reckon their weekend e-footy record will have results as well that you can get off the aflq website if you look hard enough!!

Just took 2 mins to check ipswich team sheet from weekend - whilst a lot of their guys have played senior footy this year the majority are 2 or 3 games which every club has happen. Granted 2 blokes look suss having played 16 and 11 senior games respectively but doesnt look as blatent as getting to round 8 or 9 and conceding the seniors are sh*t and stacking like has happened in other years.

As deelightful said it wont attract senior players to the club but good luck to them.

Nambour would be loving having 2 teams at seperate ends of the coast this week!

Any tips for tonight? KP are u going to have a cpl of cruisers and cause a scene? :)

Joe - I think in the past the clubs have been issued with a round by round vote break down but your best bet is to speak to the club or check here as im sure there will be more detail then anything officially released by aflq. Other then that I reckon their weekend e-footy record will have results as well that you can get off the aflq website if you look hard enough!!

Just took 2 mins to check ipswich team sheet from weekend - whilst a lot of their guys have played senior footy this year the majority are 2 or 3 games which every club has happen. Granted 2 blokes look suss having played 16 and 11 senior games respectively but doesnt look as blatent as getting to round 8 or 9 and conceding the seniors are sh*t and stacking like has happened in other years.

As deelightful said it wont attract senior players to the club but good luck to them.

Any tips for tonight? KP are u going to have a cpl of cruisers and cause a scene? :)

Haha could be on the cards mate see what I can do mute be hard to top last years.

Milligan in the ones again will go close but otherwise I'd say the medal is heading north. Haven't seen enough of the other teams to really comment.

In the two's Andy Souter Beenleigh or Luke K from Ipswich for my mind. Only time will tell.

:)

Thanks BoC, will check that out.

I also had a quick look at the Ipswich team and they aren't much different than any others in terms of quantity of games played etc.

It seems like there's a few different names from the team we played in round 17 but that is expected in Reserves during regular season. Blokes are in and out frequently.

I feel for Nambour and I said to their lads on Saturday that we would approve the game being swapped to accommodate them and I'm sure UQ would to. It would surely make everyone happier and make more money for both hosting clubs (supporters more likely to travel to a closer game).

Nambour Reserves technically are the home side so no problems there either.

In regards to league B&F I think Milligan will go again and in Ressies I liked the way the Roosters skipper went about it but getting votes in losing sides can be tough. There were a lot of good lads in each opposition though. Will come down to who played the most games and stood out. As a backman I won't be holding my breath ;)

Yeah he did pretty good coach very hard good work by moorooka securing him. Mite have a couple from buffs join him there I dare say. U guys in div 3 next year ? Heard a rumour use may drop down.
Absolutely zero chance of us dropping down. Not sure where that has come from? We may not have the experience and quality there at the moment but there was never an issue with numbers this year even with a heap of injuries and inconsistency with players working Saturday etc. Even after we copped some hidings we still had 30+ on the track and at times over 40.

We expect further improvement next season.

Absolutely zero chance of us dropping down. Not sure where that has come from? We may not have the experience and quality there at the moment but there was never an issue with numbers this year even with a heap of injuries and inconsistency with players working Saturday etc. Even after we copped some hidings we still had 30+ on the track and at times over 40.

We expect further improvement next season.

30+/40 is a slight exaggeration. The most disappointing thing was that we always struggled to get numbers on a Tuesday night (always had the core group who went to most/all of the Tuesday sessions), which is the main night, but we always seemed to have a fair few more on a Thursday. While I know people have commitments, I can't help but feel that this was due to team selections being on a Thursday, and perhaps, the fact that a Thursday session contained less running and was a bit shorter - Now that may sound bad, but that's how I felt. Sort of went - We weren't winning so not many came to training, but because not enough were coming to training, we weren't improving. It did get better as the year went on though.

No doubt though, we definitely got better as the year went on, and especially towards the latter part of the year, our training sessions were starting to be really productive and that showed on the field (last game was a bit of a blow out though)

I really look forward to making even more improvements next year and getting a few more wins (and to my foot getting back to 100% over the next 2-3 months - bloody Gilly).

30+/40 is a slight exaggeration. The most disappointing thing was that we always struggled to get numbers on a Tuesday night (always had the core group who went to most/all of the Tuesday sessions), which is the main night, but we always seemed to have a fair few more on a Thursday. While I know people have commitments, I can't help but feel that this was due to team selections being on a Thursday, and perhaps, the fact that a Thursday session contained less running and was a bit shorter - Now that may sound bad, but that's how I felt. Sort of went - We weren't winning so not many came to training, but because not enough were coming to training, we weren't improving. It did get better as the year went on though.

No doubt though, we definitely got better as the year went on, and especially towards the latter part of the year, our training sessions were starting to be really productive and that showed on the field (last game was a bit of a blow out though)

I really look forward to making even more improvements next year and getting a few more wins (and to my foot getting back to 100% over the next 2-3 months - bloody Gilly).

I know what u mean mate was the same at beenleigh 1st half of the year. And that's good news that u guys are stayin in this div. didn't think that rumour was true u boys deffently improved and I'm sure 2013 will be another step in the right direction

I know what u mean mate was the same at beenleigh 1st half of the year. And that's good news that u guys are stayin in this div. didn't think that rumour was true u boys deffently improved and I'm sure 2013 will be another step in the right direction

U having another run next year kp? Congrats to Andrew "becks" soutar on winning the league medal in only his 3rd year ever of aussie rules . Cheers for a good year to all teams . My pick ipswich in the 2s and nambour in the 1st by a lot .

U having another run next year kp? Congrats to Andrew "becks" soutar on winning the league medal in only his 3rd year ever of aussie rules . Cheers for a good year to all teams . My pick ipswich in the 2s and nambour in the 1st by a lot .

Yeah mate il be running around at beenleigh again. And congrats too Milligan and Soutar well deserved winners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to the winners from last night... I can't help but feel that if I was just more talented I would've been in with a better shot! Ha ha
I was only a lazy 58 goals away from leading goal scorer too...

Tips for this week:
Seniors
Nambour can't be tipped against you would think. Although Redcliffe should throw them a challenge!
Caboolture at their best should be able to get over Logan but give them a sniff and it could be a different story.

Ressies:
Ipswich appear to be everyone's tip for a premiership however Nambour are a great side too. Heart says Nambour but head says the 'swich.

The other game is too close to home to tip on so let me just say I am glad to take on UQ. I have respected them all year and I just hope the ball bounces our way on Saturday.

Have plenty of cold ones for us Nambour lads. Look forward to sharing a beer with the UQ, Redcliffe and Nambour Ressies lads and watching the Senior game!

well shano coming 2nd in the league is just following the nambour trend of never having someone win the league b&f in the last 5 years. well done to milligan.
this weekend should be fun. dont worry swoopa the bar will be fully stocked and ready to go. looking forward to versing redcliff who i belive everyone has underestimated this year. i have a feeling logan will do caboolture as well.
in the ressies it would be fantastic to see our guys beat ipswich. unlucky they couldnt have moved the game to palmwoods even with UQ and coomera agreeing, but ipswich must just love caboolture more!

well shano coming 2nd in the league is just following the nambour trend of never having someone win the league b&f in the last 5 years. well done to milligan.
this weekend should be fun. dont worry swoopa the bar will be fully stocked and ready to go. looking forward to versing redcliff who i belive everyone has underestimated this year. i have a feeling logan will do caboolture as well.
in the ressies it would be fantastic to see our guys beat ipswich. unlucky they couldnt have moved the game to palmwoods even with UQ and coomera agreeing, but ipswich must just love caboolture more!
They must do :)

I'm actually surprised they were asked being that your boys were entitled to a home final technically but I wouldn't know how we would've been if put in the same position ha ha

I gave the Coomera approval as soon as our game was done last week. Would've made a bit more sense to generate more $$$ for both hosting clubs too.

Good of the league to move the game forward so you can get some extra support on the fence. Should help your start having the Ressies boys cheering you on.

Good luck to all!

The Buffs must have had numerous injuries in the ones last weekend. A friend from the Cobs tells me that Logan had 5 regulars out on Saturday . And they won by 8 goals. The Cobs were surprised to win, to say the least. And they won't go any further, that's my tip! Why? Apparently they cancelled training on Tuesday night, when only 4 players turned up. two were injured. What chance are they? Only getting one guy back for this weeks elim..:rolleyes:

The Buffs must have had numerous injuries in the ones last weekend. A friend from the Cobs tells me that Logan had 5 regulars out on Saturday . And they won by 8 goals. The Cobs were surprised to win, to say the least. And they won't go any further, that's my tip! Why? Apparently they cancelled training on Tuesday night, when only 4 players turned up. two were injured. What chance are they? Only getting one guy back for this weeks elim..:rolleyes:

Good one, but I dont think anyone will believe that 4 people turned up, there would have been at least 25 trying for a spot. I think you are favourites to play Nambour in the GF, why post s**t.

Tips?
Seniors: Nambour under 25 points
Logan by 39+

Reserves: UQ by under 25
Ipswich by 25+

As a betting man, looking for some value

Good one, but I dont think anyone will believe that 4 people turned up, there would have been at least 25 trying for a spot. I think you are favourites to play Nambour in the GF, why post s**t.
Yeah, dead right why post s**t! If you know anybody from the Cobras give them a call. They didn't train coz they didn't have enough turn up. Easy to prove if you know someone from the Cobras. I was at my mates place tuesday. His sons name is Joe . and he plays fullback for the Cobs. He came home at 7pm and Conversation went something like this-
Dad- "Home already?"
Joe- "yeah not enuff turned up to Train.And Mill has a sore hand. coach said forget it"
Dad- "They're *#&*ing hopeless".
Joe- " yeah. And Mill won the league B&f with 25 votes, and I was next best at cobras with 8 votes dad.
yadda yadda yadda."

I spoke to skid on Monday night and he did say they had half a dozen out last weekend - was unsure how many he would get back this week. Said they had mixed things up to peak at this time of year from what they learnt from last year. Word on the street Neutral is your man is injured and may not play again - broken arm or hand i believe. Mill won the league with a ridiculous number of votes - 3 years in a row - anyone know him well enough to know whether there is an interest to play at a higher level?

Plenty of teams have light weeks this time of year but only 4 blokes to training would be a bit of a worry im sure. Cab seem to have dropped the ball the last cpl of weeks and am tipping a logan win.

Following footy 1st lead id be on Nambour + 25 and Logan 1-39

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back