Mod. Notice 2013 Geelong Board Poster of the Year - nominations open

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got "some business to attend to"? *shakes head and boobles*

And not even a single comment on my avatar Fred... of all the posters on this board I'd expect at least a scrap from you :(
Does your av look like your face? :p

I guess we were glad you got rid of that shaw av that we didn't bother talking about your new one! :)

POTY: lots of people post great stuff and I feel like I learn a lot. But I always feel better after reading a post by Dazbroncos. The ultimate supporter, not a blind optimist but always wanting us to see the best of players and club. Give the bloke a Grammy and agree his wife and family should get a gong as well.

Rising star
Jon Douglas: really thoughtful, fair, informative, patient with the players and looks at the club/team picture, reads really well what others are saying, picks up and develops the idea. Love reading them.

Catgirl: always ready with the stats, smart, funny and fair - makes it lively (if tough on the old blokes :rolleyes: )

best post: on the Brownlow boy of 2012 getting knocked out by his unrepentant new teammate. like Mackie, I can't stop laughing.

thanks to the Mods, you do great posts and a fantastic job.

Have you got "some business to attend to"? *shakes head and boobles*

And not even a single comment on my avatar Fred... of all the posters on this board I'd expect at least a scrap from you :(

I thought it polite to make no comment, because the last time I saw that picture it was being used as the cover for Mister Dostoyevsky's The Idiot.

I won't bother nominating a few blokes (a couple of which I suspect will feature pretty highly in the final counting).

So, in the interests of giving them some competition...

POTY

Strangled Cat is always good value and I tend to read a lot of his stuff. He also posts in a thread that isn't as frequently read as others around here so I suspect some of his work has gone unnoticed (or not considering he is pulling down a few noms). His comment about "neglected sausage" may very well have been the single most randomly funny comment I read this year.

Catgirl is eligible for the RISING STAR nomination but I think her work since joining is worthy enough to get a vote. Love her sass and ability to argue her point. I think she'll continue to give other posters a run for their money over the coming years.

I've lost count the amout of times FredLeDeux has made me laugh in 2013. Very quick witted and knowledgeable. Stays the course and knows when enough is enough. Quality poster.

RISING STAR

While I think he needs to learn to edit a bit, Jon Douglas has added some great stuff this year. Puts a lot of thought into the stuff he posts and has been a great addition to the board.

And this guy made a real late run (and is probably while I elevated Catgirl). The Quandrinator put forward some very interesting posts which I found myself agreeing with more often than not. Hopefully we'll see more posts next year.

POTY

Strangled Cat is always good value and I tend to read a lot of his stuff. He also posts in a thread that isn't as frequently read as others around here so I suspect some of his work was gone unnoticed (or not considering he is pulling down a few noms). His comment about "neglected sausage" may very well have been the single most randomly funny comment I read this year.

Catgirl is eligible for the RISING STAR nomination but I think her work since joining is worthy enough to get a vote. Love her sass ....

Oops - I misread that!! :p

And thanks for your comment - appreciated

Just skewered Terry on Trade Radio surely that gets me bonus points!

POTY - for mine I almost always like the work of FredLeDeux - spirited, funny and polite - my 3 votes

And dazbroncos is always up for a lively chat and is well informed

For risk of making pockets mutually warm and damp I like the historical context the Pivotonian brings to the table.

Could mention plenty more - I love the generally respectful, spirited discussions and some of the one liners have been great

Rising star - I agree that Catgirl has that wrapped up

I won't bother nominating a few blokes (a couple of which I suspect will feature pretty highly in the final counting).

So, in the interests of giving them some competition...

POTY

Strangled Cat is always good value and I tend to read a lot of his stuff. He also posts in a thread that isn't as frequently read as others around here so I suspect some of his work was gone unnoticed (or not considering he is pulling down a few noms). His comment about "neglected sausage" may very well have been the single most randomly funny comment I read this year.

Catgirl is eligible for the RISING STAR nomination but I think her work since joining is worthy enough to get a vote. Love her sass and ability to argue her point. I think she'll continue to give other posters a run for their money over the coming years.

I've lost count the amout of times FredLeDeux has made me laugh in 2013. Very quick witted and knowledgeable. Stays the course and knows when enough is enough. Quality poster.

RISING STAR

While I think he needs to learn to edit a bit, Jon Douglas has added some great stuff this year. Puts a lot of thought into the stuff he posts and has been a great addition to the board.

And this guy made a real late run (and is probably while I elevated Catgirl). The Quandrinator put forward some very interesting posts which I found myself agreeing with more often than not. Hopefully we'll see more posts next year.
No nomination for big footys super stud?.

You're dead to me :( :cool: ;)

For risk of making pockets mutually warm and damp I like the historical context the Pivotonian brings to the table.
At the risk of stymying myself here. Are you sure you have the right person??

"historical context"??

I'm starting to think myself and this Pivotonian are getting mixed up a bit. :confused:

EDIT: :rolleyes: FFS, yeah, I'm with you now. Dammit, my work today has been even poorer than usual.

No nomination for big footys super stud?.

You're dead to me :( :cool: ;)
Being able to pull chicks doesn't mean you know anything about footy. :p

If we can get the mods to set up '#1 BF Stud', you'd be a shoe-in.

Although, you might get some unexpected competition from darren forssman. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Tom making a late charge as well
Actually, probably got his nose ahead of Dazzling at the moment.

But I think we've gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off-topic now.

Actually, probably got his nose ahead of Dazzling at the moment.

But I think we've gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off-topic now.
Mission accomplished :D

hbk_aus
Shaneo48
Strangled Cat (easily the best poster in 2013)

Rookie

Catgirl
Ahh the brown nosing saying you were a great bloke has paid off I see :D

Lol thought that too! :D

If we are talking about the comment" Love her sass".

I suffered from an "optical aberration" too for a few seconds.

EFA,North Geelong,Bellpark x 2,Ocean Grove,Gold Coast,but maybe not in that order.
Edit just so ppl don't think I have unstable relationships the Bellpark x2 was to the same bird, she finally got the whole house.

That's why Cyclones are generally named after women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back