Golf 2014 - 2015 PGA Tour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Its always striked me as curious as to why we dont have a thread to actually discuss the professional level of the sport and instead we clutter the "what did you shoot today" thread when Adam Scott is closing in on a title, and with the schedule hitting full swing in January what better time to start a thread.

The Majors
April 9-12 -
The Masters
June 18-21 - U.S. Open, Chambers Bay
July 16-19 - The Open Championship, St. Andrews Links
August 13-16 - PGA Championship, Whistling Straits

Full Schedule

Lots of eyes will be on the return of Tiger Woods whos announced he will start the season at the Waste Management Phoenix Open at TPC on Jan 29

Think this is Jason Days year to go big and overtake Adam Scott on the rankings and could potentially win a major. Thinking he could have more than a couple of tour wins under this belt this year.

Jordan Speith could have a run at number 1, and I think Matsuyama could do some big things as well

First tournament of the 2015 goes to Scott Reid this morning beating Jimmy Walker in a playoff while Jason Day shot a course equalling record -11 62 on the last day to finish 1 stroke off the playoff

Last edited:
Have found it strange that we don't have a thread either, golf isn't really a sport that generates discussion though. I generally start watching the final round of the pga tour events once then summer of tennis and nfl playoffs have finished. Have to agree on Day, especially if his 62 is anything to go by.

There was a great thread on golf a few years ago (probably about 5 years ago IIRC - it was not long after I joined BF anyway), featuring a poster who was absolutely gunning it with his tips every week. Can't remember who it was, but some (jealous) gits turned up and started criticising him for reasons only known to themselves. So it completely destroyed the great chat that had been going on and most of the good golf posters then seemed to drift away and (I presume) never came back. In fact, I think that brilliant punter was so shattered by the abuse that he said something to the effect that he'd simply been interested in sharing his tips and wasn't intending to ever return to a thread like that again after what he endured.

Have found it strange that we don't have a thread either, golf isn't really a sport that generates discussion though. I generally start watching the final round of the pga tour events once then summer of tennis and nfl playoffs have finished. Have to agree on Day, especially if his 62 is anything to go by.

A little bit the same, will sometimes watch the Sat/Sunday (sun/mon) for us of the west coast tournaments that start at a reasonable hour or if an aussie is a chance I'll tune in regardless

i liked 3ball/2ball betting so I'm usually up to speed on most tournaments throughuot the whole week though

will watch Tigers return, interested to see how he goes

Robert Allenby got kidnapped and robbed in Hawaii last night

Dont have any articles but he posted a photo of his beaten up face. He got dumped in a park about 6kms from where he was snatched and a retired military guy walking past assisted him

Robert Allenby got kidnapped and robbed in Hawaii last night

Dont have any articles but he posted a photo of his beaten up face. He got dumped in a park about 6kms from where he was snatched and a retired military guy walking past assisted him

Really interested in the outcome of this story, honestly getting "kidnapped" in Waikiki on a Friday night seems almost impossible.

Really interested in the outcome of this story, honestly getting "kidnapped" in Waikiki on a Friday night seems almost impossible.

I'm with you on this. I cant help but think ...woman..money...maybe she is a pro but not in the golf sense?

Watching Jarrod Lyle out there today

Needs 200K+ in winnings in his next 18 tournaments to keep his tour card, so something to keep an eye out for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been made aware of the Qatar Masters currently being run. What is the difference between a "Masters" and what would seem to me, a regular four round golf tournament?

Im not really sure tbh, but maybe others could enlighten the specifics

Obviously the Aus PGA has a Masters, the US PGA has a masters along with Euro

It could be purely prizepool based which makes it more in demand tournament, it could have a tougher qualifying standard as well

But each PGA tour has An Open, A Masters and a PGA Championship, why each gets the name that it gets I'm not so sure

Pretty tough to watch Tigers game completely desert him considering he was on track to be the greatest ever. Handled the post round interview well though

So Tiger withdraws from the farmers insurance open with a back, didn't look very good

Curious to see how his year pans out now obviousky

This is the tournament I usually start watching Monday's final rounds. Pretty cool leaderboard at a course like Torrey Pines with Day only 2 back, should be good to watch.

This is the tournament I usually start watching Monday's final rounds. Pretty cool leaderboard at a course like Torrey Pines with Day only 2 back, should be good to watch.

you picked a good one to start

Jason Day in a 4 man playoff

Days post game interview on pgatour.com is a good watch

Thought he was toast obviously as his ball rolled down the green towards the water on the 18th in regulation. Amazing to think from there he would win the tournament

Tiger has announced hes steppng back from the game to try and get right, no return date set

I guess the Masters is an interesting reference point as a return date

Remove this Banner Ad

Back